Walter Says...

KERRZO

Why buy players for the sake of it, just because there is a transfer window doesn't mean that we have to buy anyone.

I am a bit surprised he isn't looking at the possibility for another player in the same ilk as Thomson, but it might be that WS feels he has sufficient cover within his ranks to still compete. I believe we still have enough players to win the league without having to buy anyone else. It could be that players like Furman and Fleck and whatever other youngsters we have will now have more of a chance of getting some time on the park.

On the gers site just there it says were not signing a replacement for Kev Thomson!!! Im getting seriously worried about our lack of movement in this window!!!

I should hope not. We are more than covered for defensive midfield. It's the central attacking variety we need.

On the gers site just there it says were not signing a replacement for Kev Thomson!!! Im getting seriously worried about our lack of movement in this window!!!

I should hope not. We are more than covered for defensive midfield. It's the central attacking variety we need.

We have Buffel for that [position..........but no-one has told Walter.

We don't need to buy a replacement for someone who could be back before the start of March.

If one of Hemdani or Ferguson get an injury we're in big trouble IMO, which I think shows a lack of depth in that position therefore I would get someone else in even if its just a loan deal!!!

We don't need to buy a replacement for someone who could be back before the start of March.

Actually I thought Buffel was for the off but there doesn't seem any movement on that front.

Actually I thought Buffel was for the off but there doesn't seem any movement on that front.

why cant Walter just give Buffel a chance we are crying out for an attack minded midfielder ...

If one of Hemdani or Ferguson get an injury we're in big trouble IMO, which I think shows a lack of depth in that position therefore I would get someone else in even if its just a loan deal!!!

The last loan midfielder we got was Faye! I would steer away from that kind of thing.

WS has said things about younger players before, perhaps Furman would be ideal?

Cousin wants a move so maybe do a swap wi Fulham.

David Healy and £3m and Cousin can go

If the clause is real and Fulham match it, it will be out of our hands & he will go (if he chooses) for just the £3M.

We have to get a quality midfielder in, if not we are going to struggle. Thomson will be out for longer than 6 weeks, how often does a Rangers player come back within the time stated, never!

If Hemdani or Ferguson take a knock then we are f*kd big time.

We have to get a quality midfielder in, if not we are going to struggle. Thomson will be out for longer than 6 weeks, how often does a Rangers player come back within the time stated, never!

If Hemdani or Ferguson take a knock then we are f*kd big time.

I would be worried if both took knocks at the same time, but that can happen to any club.

Buffel could be given a chance if either of those took knocks, I know you prefer McCulloch as a striker but he could play in a midfield role, and it might give someone like Furman a chance.

Buffel or McCulloch to fill in for either Ferguson or Hemdani should they pick up injuries. I hope not. The midfield would be over-run and out classed. Just means Faye would come in.

If Hemdani took a knock Ferguson could play the holding midfielder, and Buffel could play in front of him, or McCulloch behind the striker, hell we could even revert to a 4-4-2, same if Ferguson took a knock. The only concern I would have if both of them did at the same time, but hell most teams in the world would have that problem if three midfielders were out at the same time.

We also don't know what is happening in training and maybe someone like Furman could be staking his place for a chance in the starting 11, we whinge and wine about not giving some of our youth, who we think is good enough a chance, now we have the opportunity to put them to the test and we're wanting to buy more players instead?? <cr>

We can't have it both ways.

I understand WS's view that we dont need to sign someone for the sake of it..but we have seen in the last few games that Charlie Adam just doesnt cut it, and thats who WILL replace Thomson over his period of absence. We need to get in a midfielder.

Agreed! (tu)