Why cant we...

Muff

Find players like Emmanuel Adebayor?

Arsenal managed to pick him up from Monaco for £3million when he was 21. He is one of the best strikers in Europe at 23 and he's still developing. Compare him at 21 to the likes of Fletcher, Moore and whoever else we have been linked to then you must wonder what our scouts are doing?

O'Neill say's Moore(and I'm not having a dig at Moore) is worth £3.5million because he's only 21 and is playing in the Premiership, absolutely ridiculous money. We should look outside Britain for once and find a player like this.

Look at the African Nation's, not heard of some of the players but the technical and all round footballing ability of some of the lesser heard names is unbelievable. Some of the players are playing for small clubs in Belgium, 2nd division in Holland etc.

They are just as worth the risk as paying good money for SPL/EPL/Championship players.

i aboslutely agree, i think the next venture is too spend money on top class scouts being sent out to these places and have indepth looks at these players, we as fans have looked at videos and games of players and suggested them, some right crackign have been brought up. This venture cud take up the same tole as the Murray Park Venture, which if the Hutton transfer go's through have paid almost for itself already.... this cud the same thing

We were supposidly last season, nothing came of it. Think we spent the £2million+ on Lee McCulloch which you can understand. He's now worth £7million if you listen and believe reports in France.

Muffger, why ask a thread about Rangers scouts when we both know we didn't have any for 5 years!

Our scouting consists of Willy McKay, and Durrant and Smithy watching players who play for teams we play against.

Pick a player who doesn't fit that criteria that we've signed since Smith started.

I could score goals up front in that Arsenal team.

Aye? What you doing tomorrow night? :)

aye u can play fur Davy's all start 5-a-side team, Real SoSobad :)

I could score goals up front in that Arsenal team.

Aye? What you doing tomorrow night? :)

aye u can play fur Davy's all start 5-a-side team, Real SoSobad :)

Naw, naw... I'm thinking he can get a run out against East Stirling...

Find players like Emmanuel Adebayor?

Arsenal managed to pick him up from Monaco for £3million when he was 21. He is one of the best strikers in Europe at 23 and he's still developing. Compare him at 21 to the likes of Fletcher, Moore and whoever else we have been linked to then you must wonder what our scouts are doing?

O'Neill say's Moore(and I'm not having a dig at Moore) is worth £3.5million because he's only 21 and is playing in the Premiership, absolutely ridiculous money. We should look outside Britain for once and find a player like this.

Look at the African Nation's, not heard of some of the players but the technical and all round footballing ability of some of the lesser heard names is unbelievable. Some of the players are playing for small clubs in Belgium, 2nd division in Holland etc.

They are just as worth the risk as paying good money for SPL/EPL/Championship players.

BANG ON (tu)

It's a lot easier to lure youngsters like that over to the epl than it is here though....

Adebayor would know himself at that age that he was destined for bigger things, I doubt he would take the risk of a settled role at monaco to come to the spl....

I think maybe a stumbling block would be what Arsenal pay the guy every week, I havent got a clue, but I think its more than what we could offer him and even if we could lure the likes of that player to Ibrox, would you want him until the January window opens, ie, the first four months of the season then hes off to better wages.

BTW have you read Bobbie Dinnies book 'The Scout' I had the great pleasure of knowing Bobbie when I lived in Glasgow and it deals with the scouting issues at Ibrox and of course Possil YM. Even if it doesnt answer any questions for you its a cracking read AND, he gave me a mention at the end of the book.

You guys seem to have a pretty flexible idea of what a 'young player' is. Christiano Ronaldo for example is 22 years old now. One of the best in the world regardless.

Edit: what a divvy...I've posted this in the wrong thread! :blush: