Time To Worry

BlueSuedeSambas

Carroll, Cousin and Ehigou gone.

Buffel wants out.

Rumours about Hutton and Hemdani just wont go away.

Should we be worried that the squad that WS worked so hard to build is about to have a huge chunk torn out of it?

DBBTB i've been saying this since the 1st of Jan and it got shot down :angry2:

Add Faye too. Not a good player but another one out the door, weaker squad.

Carroll, Ehiogu and Buffel never get a game and probably wouldn't off. Not bothered at all about Cousin, £3million can get you a better player.

Depends when they go and if we get the money to spend on replacements. No sign of players coming in. We need the league THIS season, along with that it gives you CL group stage football and we all know the importance of that!

Beginning to get worried.

i think WS has to swallow his pride on the whole Buffel situation, and give his chance to shine in a league start, we all know he is a class player when on form and needs match fitness to give us the class we have seen him produce. as for the signing, i am content with Graeme Smith sittin on the bench end of the day, he's just there for backup incase McGregor ges injured, god forbid that ever happens but it hasn't so far so no need to worry. As for the Cousin situation, i think we need a similar type of striker put into this place and i can see a signing or 2 being done in the last day of the ransfer window, or a day of before it, isn't that the way it has always happened? :)

I think we will get the Welsh goalie from Sunderland.

I would love to see an attacking midfielder and a BIG target man.

I do NOT think Hutton is leaving. Buffel probably not either.

Somehow I do not see much more transfer activity before the end of January.

I'm not too worried, all we need is goalie in on loan and a target man. :harhar:

I don't think Hemdani will leave, he cant be close to a move as he wouldn't have played last night if that were so, besides Thomson is out injured right now. So if Hemdani leaves i can't see it being at any other time than in the summer.

The attacking midfielder can wait for me, we've managed so far this season without one, and i just cant see the need for it if Smith continues to use the 5 in midfield, or 3 in midfield and 2 wingers whatever way you look at it, as Barry is our most attacking midfielder and doesn't do a lot of the defensive work. So considering this, and Smiths defensive outlook, we are always going to have one attacking midfielder and two defensive midfielders. Therefore, unless you are kicking Barry out the team, we dont need an attacking midfielder as a priority.

We do need a target man as i dont rate McCulloch as a centre forward, he makes the greates impact exploiting fullbacks in the air, and cutting in from the left to have a shot.

If Buffel leaves then its not an immediate concern, he's barely played as it is and neither has Gow, so Buffel leaving will give Gow more of a chance to show what he can do. If he's not upto it its not a huge concern and he'll leave in the summer to be replaced by another attacking player like we all want to see.

I also dont think Hutton will leave as he played last night too, if he misses St Mirren, however, then we have cause to worry, but i dont think it will happen.

No worries guys, i dont think Celtic are making any ground on us, i feel very confident of the title :beer2:

To win the league if these rumoured transfers go through?

Hemdani, no matter how many fans dont like his style or play or whatever, has been a very good signing for us, so much so the fans gave him the player of the season award last season. He has been influential in our top performances over the past couple of season.

Cousin has been our best striker all season...scored some crucial goals and again another player that causes controversy amongst the Rangers fans. My opinion is id love him to stay and if he does leave i feel we will miss him in the run in.

Hutton we all know has been sensational, a revelation. The price tag speaks for itself.

My point is..if we were to lose all 3 of these players and didnt bring anyone in..would we be able to continue our good work with the squad remaining and bring this title home?

Bearing in mind Thomson is also out for a spell...we have already got shot of Ugo Carroll and by the sounds of it Buffel will be leaving also.

To win the league if these rumoured transfers go through?

Hemdani, no matter how many fans dont like his style or play or whatever, has been a very good signing for us, so much so the fans gave him the player of the season award last season. He has been influential in our top performances over the past couple of season.

Cousin has been our best striker all season...scored some crucial goals and again another player that causes controversy amongst the Rangers fans. My opinion is id love him to stay and if he does leave i feel we will miss him in the run in.

Hutton we all know has been sensational, a revelation. The price tag speaks for itself.

My point is..if we were to lose all 3 of these players and didnt bring anyone in..would we be able to continue our good work with the squad remaining and bring this title home?

Bearing in mind Thomson is also out for a spell...we have already got shot of Ugo Carroll and by the sounds of it Buffel will be leaving also.

No, I dont think we would be comfortable with what we have left.

As it stands right now I think we need a creative midfielder in the side, a CB and a target man to replace Cousin.

With the people leaving it will only take another couple of knocks in key areas and we are in the shit.

Any activity by Rangers will b e squeezed into the last half hour!! Again!

That is probably the case, its worrying because some of the last minute signings we have made over the years are baffling to say the least.

I have to laugh, the players who are leaving i.e. Carroll, Ugo, Faye & even Cousin, have been nothing must target practice for the pundits among us. Yet when they get thier wish & these players are then punted suddenly the crys go up "our squad isn't strong enough, we need more players in"

Ugo, Carroll & Faye haven't played anywhere near regularly, so we are highly unlikely to miss players who weren't in the team to begin with. As for Cousin, well he has been getting a game & i hope we replace him but we have striker cover in the likes of Naismith, Boyd, Novo, McCulloch, Darcheville & Buffell (6 STRIKERS ... )

WS has said that he won't sign players just to make up the numbers, he obviously doesn't want to throw good money after bad .... and quite right too, plenty people on this thread have already commented on previous poor signings which made up the numbers.

Quality over Quantity i say.

£3M will get us a really good player from somewhere like the Dutch league

There is so much talent in the eredivise. Their mid table teams have some cracking players who have got that famous dutch creativity that we could do with. If i was walter i would be scouting this league. Some of their players would also jump at the chance of playing for a big club like us. The signings of numan, van bronckhorst, mols and de boer have really improved our reputation over there.

I have to laugh, the players who are leaving i.e. Carroll, Ugo, Faye & even Cousin, have been nothing must target practice for the pundits among us. Yet when they get thier wish & these players are then punted suddenly the crys go up "our squad isn't strong enough, we need more players in"

Ugo, Carroll & Faye haven't played anywhere near regularly, so we are highly unlikely to miss players who weren't in the team to begin with. As for Cousin, well he has been getting a game & i hope we replace him but we have striker cover in the likes of Naismith, Boyd, Novo, McCulloch, Darcheville & Buffell (6 STRIKERS ... )

WS has said that he won't sign players just to make up the numbers, he obviously doesn't want to throw good money after bad .... and quite right too, plenty people on this thread have already commented on previous poor signings which made up the numbers.

Quality over Quantity i say.

I'm losing no sleep over any of the above departures. We're getting good money and a likely replacement for Cousin, Faye is crap and the other have barely featured (although Ugo did a enough good job). IMO, we need only a couple of signings to maintain our momentum and we still have sufficient cover for injuries. None of Celtic targets, loanees or signings impress me as being any better than the rubbish they've got now. I'd rather we done our research and picked our player carefully.