Charlie Adam, love or loath him?

pcbear

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think the hearts cis semi sums up his game completely...had a couple of decent shots on goal, but he kept getting caught in possession when they pressed him and kept punting the ball diagonally, even though it was swirling 50 mile an hour winds!

I think we may see steve davis get a run in the team in front of adam, apparently he is an attacking midfielder with a good eye for a pass, so he would drive our midfield forward, with thommo sitting in and hopefully get some decent service to our strikers which i think is lacking.

IMO,adam certainly shouldnt be starting in front of gow, gow is the type of player that give us that creative spark we are clearly missing

He's so slow its unreal! Has absolutely no pace atall and ends up punting the ball away.

If he decides to do two successive turns at the start of the match, you hear the final whistle before he completes the second.

I think charlie has been poor but i think the abuse he gets is a bit uncalled for. One name i would mention is Alan Hutton. We couldnt sell him for a pound last year and look at him now

really dont like him, he has some potential to be a good player in the future but hes far too limited at the moment. I think walter plays him as he sees him as a goal threat. He does have a good shot but if you actually look at the stats he misses a lot more than he gets on target so his accuracy aint that great. Hes really not that great from set pieces either. Scored a few decent free kicks last year but some of his attempts this year have been awful. Against hearts when we should have had a penalty he could barely get the ball off the ground. He has good vision which is a good thing, the only problem is his passing is awful. Several times against hearts he spotted jcds runs but his passes were completely overhit or not even accurate. Very average squad player but should definetly not be a first team regular. Hopefully the arrival of davis will see to that.

He has a left peg which is capable of staggering moments of greatness - 30-50 yard lobs, pinpoint passes, cracking free kicks etc.

But his all round game is truly dire and he struggles with the basics. He's the kind of player you have hoping he can produce one of his brilliant moments, because otherwise he will give you nothing.

He has a left peg which is capable of staggering moments of greatness - 30-50 yard lobs, pinpoint passes, cracking free kicks etc.

But his all round game is truly dire and he struggles with the basics. He's the kind of player you have hoping he can produce one of his brilliant moments, because otherwise he will give you nothing.

While I think truly dire is...err not quite true ;) I basically agree. It is much easier to improve on the basics than the 30-50 yard lobs, pinpoint passes, cracking free kicks etc. That is why I still think Adam can still become a great player for us.

I fucking utter and truly despise and loathe, hate, detest, canny fucking stand him! :)

You sound like one sick puppy,or is it just the Mad Cow disease. :unsure:

A bit of both actually!

Love it! Great answer!! C'mon now PB the loathing of Adam is more understandable than your loathing of Boyd? No?

While I think truly dire is...err not quite true ;) I basically agree. It is much easier to improve on the basics than the 30-50 yard lobs, pinpoint passes, cracking free kicks etc. That is why I still think Adam can still become a great player for us.

I admire your positivity and truly hope you're correct. I really don't want to hate the lad, but he often makes it easy to get close to that.

Another game, another f*kn awful performance by Charlie Adam and there were others aswell. He is just simply not good enough and until Walter see's this, we will struggle.

Another game, another f*kn awful performance by Charlie Adam and there were others aswell. He is just simply not good enough and until Walter see's this, we will struggle.

Lots of managers have favourites CA is obviously Walter Smiths , no justification to select him otherwise

Personnally Dont think either Charlie or Burke should be playing in the first team as niether has done much if anything at all since they have been regulars waste of space and time

I would strongly disagree about Burke. I think he is exactly what we need on the right wing, specially now Hutts is gone. Flair, Dribbling and crossing skills.

I would gladly see Adam leave, i'd pay for his Taxi fare.

Personnally Dont think either Charlie or Burke should be playing in the first team as niether has done much if anything at all since they have been regulars waste of space and time

I would strongly disagree about Burke. I think he is exactly what we need on the right wing, specially now Hutts is gone. Flair, Dribbling and crossing skills.

I would gladly see Adam leave, i'd pay for his Taxi fare.

<cr> I dont mind Burke but his end product is non existant IMO!!!

Despise this boy. Trys to be too clever on the ball. Thinks he is a better player than what he is. Cant run. Too fat. Lazy bastard.

BUT

One of Walter's favourites so we are unfortunately stuck with this clown for the time being!!!