Carlos Cueller - Marvin Andrews

ofb1988

Think I'd prefer Carlos and Boumsong.

Big Marv will always remain a legend even if he wasn't the most gifted player ever.

Understatement of the year

Worst player to play for us in my lifetime - and I lived through the early to mid 80s

Big Marv will always remain a legend even if he wasn't the most gifted player ever.

Worst player to play for us in my lifetime - and I lived through the early to mid 80s

What a stupid and pointless comment - no doubt just looking for people to rise to it.

Aye, nonsense statement.

To answer the question, Carlos and Marvin for me.

Boumsong was vastly over-rated in retrospect of his time with us. He had bad decision making and wasn't as good as he thought he was. Hearts, 3-2 at Ibrox? De Vries owned JAB, Marvin would have sorted out Mark!

I said the other day actually to my Dad that Carlos and Davie for that matter were the best out and out defenders since Marvin.

Marvin didn't always see the danger, yes but when he did, he always won the challenge fairly be it on the ground or in the air. Infact Soti was also over-rated IMO and Marvin carried him at times.

Marvin done the basics, the bare essentials very well and sometimes that is overlooked too often when some for ability in defenders. It isn't always essential for them to have pace or passing ability.

So you are saying Karl Svensson was a better player than Marvin

FFS

What a stupid and pointless comment - no doubt just looking for people to rise to it.

He wouldn't do that....

Clearly he never went to any games back then.

Marv was a Broadfoot type signing, solid if not the best and will do a job in the SPL. I always loved the fact he basically had no cartilage left in his knee and the doctors told him if he kept playing it could go at any time and that would be his career, but he played on because God told him too. Almost as bad as Jay-Jay Okocha saying God told him to move to Hull City.

Sorry mate, Andrews was an embarrassment - surel head the ball - bad had no ability, no pace, no lateral movement and was a liability every time teams came at us on the deck.

Raith Rovers is his level, end of

FFS

On every day of the week inc Sundays - Svensson wasn't great but night and day compared to Andrews - Andrews gave effort, but was just so much out of his depth that it was almost sad to watch

Clearly he never went to any games back then.

Every week

I saw Gregor Stevens - and would rather have him in my team than Andrews

Marv was a Broadfoot type signing, solid if not the best and will do a job in the SPL. I always loved the fact he basically had no cartilage left in his knee and the doctors told him if he kept playing it could go at any time and that would be his career, but he played on because God told him too. Almost as bad as Jay-Jay Okocha saying God told him to move to Hull City.

Broadfoot is better on the deck, can run better, is a better athlete - has better positional sense.

Flippin hell - makes you wonder sometimes what some folk are watching

FFS

On every day of the week inc Sundays - Svensson wasn't great but night and day compared to Andrews - Andrews gave effort, but was just so much out of his depth that it was almost sad to watch

ok you are right, dont worry I wont be back on this thread to respond to any more of your crap

big marv, as someone said, he wasnt the most gifted player, but his commitment was second to none, he played route one football, never tried to skin players and leave the back line vulnerable, always looked after his teammates, mind he played on for a while with his arm out its socket, and refused to go for treatment on his (foot?) and im 100% confidant, if it wasnt for big marv, helicopter sunday would never have happend, for a long spell that season, the team were playing with there heads down, no sense of leadership or anything, that was until big marv came out with the keep believin statement, then, and then only, did the team start laying togethher and for each other, so as someone else said, he is and always wil be, a legend.

i know that was off-topic, but it had to be said,

its a good point, big carlos is immense, but amo had a few bad seasons before he became reliable. the way i see it, defenders should skelp the ball tae feck every chance they get and leave the midfielders and strikers to play football,, the way big cuellar does, so i would say yes, he is the best since gough, or possibly weir.

Broadfoot is better on the deck, can run better, is a better athlete - has better positional sense.

Flippin hell - makes you wonder sometimes what some folk are watching

I take it that you didn't watch Rangers when Andrews was playing.....he was one of our best players that season..

Would have loved marv to be a bit younger to play alongside cuellar

I think it would be some partnership. Then again Cuellar and Boumsong?

1842688936-soccer-clydesdale-bank-scotti_41695494_marvinandrewstrain270.jpg

1842688936-soccer-clydesdale-bank-scottiRangers-boumsong.jpg

Big Marv was behind me at a set of lights in Kirkcaldy today in his big black SEAT. nothing to do with anything of course.

lol evens

Cuellar and Webster will be the next CB partnership at Ibrox I believe providing Webster stays fit.

I hope not as neither have the organisational and leadership skills that any central defensive partnership needs.

We need to go into the market for an experienced Centre Back with leadership qualities IMO.

Cuellar and Webster will be the next CB partnership at Ibrox I believe providing Webster stays fit.

I hope not as neither have the organisational and leadership skills that any central defensive partnership needs.

We need to go into the market for an experienced Centre Back with leadership qualities IMO.

Great quote in your sig mate :rangers: