"with the Angels I'll be singing

up in heaven in the glen

I'll be happy and contented

when the boys have won again

on my harp I will be playing

in the sky way up above

I'll be singing Follow Follow

to the Rangers that I love"

For me, the last verse of the Rangers Chorus could be Davie singing himself . A true Rangers man.

Always remembered, sadly missed

Please add stories, memories or videos of Davie in here to commemorate and celebrate Davie's life

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I first saw Davie Cooper in his last (?) game for Clydebank in a pre-season friendly against my hometown team, Inverness Caley (NOT ICT!!). He was outstanding and all the hype about him at the time was warranted. Think he signed for us just after that game.

Pure class Davie.

Nice wee tribute by Rangers at half time today to publicise the anniversary of his passing, which was met with a standing ovation and clapping from everyone.

I first saw Davie Cooper in his last (?) game for Clydebank in a pre-season friendly against my hometown team,Inverness Caley (NOT ICT!!). He was outstanding and all the hype about him at the time was warranted. Think he signed for us just after that game.

Pure class Davie.

Cooper - So many great memories, it was a priviledge to see him play in the flesh. It still strikes me as odd when i hear guys say they never saw him play, but thats just me getting old!

I've said this before but I will say it again and again the Man is a great loss to us on and off the park, could've done us a job on the backroom staff and just as he was making a great pundit that never allowed anybody to take The Rangers name in vain he was taken from us. Apart from my Father and close family and friends the only person I've ever shed heartbroken tears about ! :sherlock:

I first saw Davie Cooper in his last (?) game for Clydebank in a pre-season friendly against my hometown team,Inverness Caley (NOT ICT!!). He was outstanding and all the hype about him at the time was warranted. Think he signed for us just after that game.

Pure class Davie.

Cooper - So many great memories, it was a priviledge to see him play in the flesh. It still strikes me as odd when i hear guys say they never saw him play, but thats just me getting old!

well, we're getting on WVB ...... we are now officially old :(

He was the main reason for going to see Rangers in the early 80s when I first went to the games. The team was complete mince but there was always the chance that Cooper would produce something special. I don't ever remember hearing a complaint about him not winning a header or not tracking back; you wanted him to be going forward with the ball at his feet. The run against Tampere that set up the 3rd goal for Fleck pushed all the buttons for me. The move starts at about 1:25 in the attached vid.

I can remember travelling from Inverness to see us lose at Clydebank, St Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee & even celtc

Can remember being at a 0-0 with Clydebank at Ibrox too.

Character building stuff. (tu)

super cooper

1979 drybourgh cup final againt the celtic best goal ever

some of you older bears will remember sining the old abba classic super trooper to the words of davie cooper

i shed a tear in the memory see you in heaven

I can remember travelling from Inverness to see us lose at Clydebank, St Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee & even celtc

Ever watched gettin beat wae Chesterfield mate ? :lw: Thats character buildin stuff ! ;):sherlock:

The early and mid 80's were hard times indeed Motor. I remember well.

yes remember them well. like going away from home hoping to get a draw, imagine a draw away from home a result.

It wasnt good at all Ibrox. We were getting beat regularly :(

Even through all that, Davie stayed with us. That says it all WVB. He says it in the link I put earlier. He was on his way out as Rangers were becoming strong again :(

Ever watched gettin beat wae Chesterfield mate ? :lw: Thats character buildin stuff ! ;):sherlock:

Aye, the old school was some school to go to eh?? Made us what we are now though. (tu)