"Boyd is the best goal scorer at the club"

Danny

Our very own Ally.

Either that or best striker, I forget.

He said in an interview following the CIS final that Boyd is the best at the club.

This was a very curious comment to come out with for many reasons.

Do you agree with him?

Was he right to say that and potentially 'undermine' the other strikers like Cousin?

And does it suggest he and Smith are not in agreement about selection?

Goalscorer was the word (tu)

Maybe Ally has a different definition of 'striker', some have made comparison between Coisty and Souness and Walter and Boyd after all and I get the impression that Coisty sees that comparison/similiarity.

I dont think Boyd is the best striker at Rangers. IMO Its Daniel Cousin.

Boydie wont get as many games as he likes as he cant play as a lone striker and Walter prefers 4-5-1. In a 4-4-2 selection Boyd would play every time.

We all know what he does best and thats pounce on any loose ball in the box and put it in the net. His link up play outside the box isnt very good..he doesnt have a lot of pace to run at defenders and needs a partner up front to do all that for him. What you see is what you get with Boyd, he is a goalscorer..but if we arent creating much then he will become anonymous.

I'm a Boyd fan..i always have been..occasionally he is frustrating but he gets on with it and scores a phenomenal amount of goals. But id still have Cousin every time over him.

• Imo Boyd's the best goalscorer/finisher at the club. Predator in the box
  • Imo Cousins the best striker we have for what footballing ability and he can also finish.
Do you agree with him?

......Yep

Was he right to say that and potentially 'undermine' the other strikers like Cousin?

......I think all the players at the club know Boyds the best goalscorer we have, his record speaks for itself so don't think he's undermined anyone.

......Nah, I think both would agree that Boyd's more or less peesh when he's not in the box.

I dont think Boyd is the best striker at Rangers. IMO Its Daniel Cousin.

Boydie wont get as many games as he likes as he cant play as a lone striker and Walter prefers 4-5-1. In a 4-4-2 selection Boyd would play every time.

We all know what he does best and thats pounce on any loose ball in the box and put it in the net. His link up play outside the box isnt very good..he doesnt have a lot of pace to run at defenders and needs a partner up front to do all that for him. What you see is what you get with Boyd, he is a goalscorer..but if we arent creating much then he will become anonymous.

I'm a Boyd fan..i always have been..occasionally he is frustrating but he gets on with it and scores a phenomenal amount of goals. But id still have Cousin every time over him.

(tu)(tu)(tu)

He is the best goalscorer at the club, the stats don't lie and Ally was perfectly correct and entitled to say so.

However, there are players at the club who offer more when we play a 4-5-1 formation, and unfortunately for Boyd that's the system we play in bigger games.

He has some major things to think about during the summer, can he improve his game to a level that will see him in with a shout in if we continue with a 4-5-1 formation.

If not, does he stay and accept a role purely as a squad player.

He must be racking his brains at the thought of who we will sign in the summer and where exactly that will leave him in the pecking order.

People must think I don't like Boyd which isn't the case, with Cousin out he should start every game (apart from possibly European games) in a 4-4-2 formation along side either JCD or Naismith.

I would pick Cousin over Boyd every time.

Better presence, more strength, fitter and holds the ball up well. The only minus is sometimes he just aint interested.

Boyd could learn alot from watching him.

Our very own Ally.

He said in an interview following the CIS final that Boyd is the best at the club.

Do you agree with him?

If he were the best striker at the club,he would automaticlly be in the starting line-up each and every game,and yes I think walter and Ally are poles apart on their estimation of Boyd,and that is one of the reasons that makes me think,that Ally will never be manager of Rangers.

Our very own Ally.

Do you agree with him?

If he were the best striker at the club,he would automaticlly be in the starting line-up each and every game,and yes I think walter and Ally are poles apart on their estimation of Boyd,and that is one of the reasons that makes me think,that Ally will never be manager of Rangers.

Ally was the best striker at our club in Souness' era but he still kept getting benched.

boyd is the best goalscorer at the club by a mile. His record is second to none. Hes not the best striker at the club though, cousin is a far better all round player but hes not as good a goalscorer as boyd as his record shows, hes scored half of what boyd has in twice the games.

boyd is the best goalscorer at the club by a mile. His record is second to none. Hes not the best striker at the club though, cousin is a far better all round player but hes not as good a goalscorer as boyd as his record shows, hes scored half of what boyd has in twice the games.

Yes - agreed.

It is obvious what Coisty was saying.

Danny must recognize the difference between goalscorer and striker. He is always splitting hairs and looking for the problem.

:harhar: :harhar: