Loss of Hutton, Burkes downfall?

trueblue1872

Burke and hutton had a pretty good partnership down that right hand side. They played alot together from the U19/reserve games, all the way to the first team.

Broadfoot's really not the best going forward and his passing is shocking. He doesnt have the pace and really doesnt try to run into space to help out down that right, he just tends to hug the line like hell.

He's just not clicking with Broadfoot. Anyone one else think this has been one of burkes major probs these last few months?

Burke and hutton had a pretty good partnership down that right hand side. They played alot together from the U19/reserve games, all the way to the first team.

Broadfoot's really not the best going forward and his passing is shocking. He doesnt have the pace and really doesnt try to run into space to help out down that right, he just tends to hug the line like hell.

He's just not clicking with Broadfoot. Anyone one else think this has been one of burkes major probs these last few months?

"Burke and Hutton had a pretty good paretnership" ? :unsure: I must have missed that game. :rolleyes:

"Burke and Hutton had a pretty good paretnership" ? :unsure: I must have missed that game. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should have watched more games back then...

Burke regained his place in the team after Hutton was away. he played well for a few weeks, but his performance in the CIS final was shocking, and apparently it was similar against Thistle. His lack of consistency has nothing to do with Hutton leaving.

Burke regained his place in the team after Hutton was away. he played well for a few weeks, but his performance in the CIS final was shocking, and apparently it was similar against Thistle. His lack of consistency has nothing to do with Hutton leaving.

Burke I believe played in december with hutton vs Hibs at easter road and played well. He had a number of very good games when he first came into the team.

More recently he has been dreadful culminating in a shocking display vs DU inthe CIS Final and a poor substitute's display vs PT.

Yes his corners are awful too.

He as always has potential, but slips away off the pace the more games he gets. It is unusual.

Burke I believe played in december with hutton vs Hibs at easter road and played well. He had a number of very good games when he first came into the team.

More recently he has been dreadful culminating in a shocking display vs DU inthe CIS Final and a poor substitute's display vs PT.

Yes his corners are awful too.

He as always has potential, but slips away off the pace the more games he gets. It is unusual.

Yeah, but he had a number of good games after Hutton left. It was his performances for 5 or 6 games that cemented his place back after being back in the cold. Hos dip in form is nothing to do with hutton was the point I was making.

Maybe you should have watched more games back then...

I haven't missed a game available to me in Canada in the last 5-6 years. :):rangers:

I actually remember Hutton virtually pleading with Burke to come back and help as the winger and opposition full back were both up against Hutton in a free kick situation but the lazy little sod walked away and left Hutton 1 against 2.Burke plays only for himself and only when he can be bothered.

burke playing shite has nuttin to do with hutton leaving..... its not like hutton kept picking him up off the ground or nuttin lol....

hes just got to much money, and got lazy to be perfectly honest.

give him a wage cut and you will see him start to play again.

and yeah, i fucking miss hutton.... arguably the best RB rangers have ever had.

I just think that teams in the SPL etc have him sussed and put 2 men on him which limites the damage he can and does do.....

(tu) Good call - this has been happening a lot in recent games and seems to be very effective.

Oh i know it's not all to do with hutton leaving but i really do think it's a major reason for his dip in form.

Burkes downfall was the fact he signed a new deal

That exact fact is happening more and more in sport. It is quite something to look at when individual players sign new contracts after a great run of form when time was running out. Amazing what a bit of extra desire in the mid does for performance.