Uefa Cup Final Tickets

KERRZO

Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get tickets? If you are waiting to hear don't vote

• I got tickets from the ballot
    • I didn't get any
    • Never even applied

I'm amazed at how many of us were rejected.

Something doesn't add up, I think we have been denied the right to proper ballot.

Totally unacceptable

Obviously people must get accepted but i can't ever remember speaking to someone who actually has been successful in a european final application, including on forums. I wasn't going to bother this year but considerings its in manchester and we're still in it thought i may as well and did it on the deadline day. Amazed if i actually am accepted.

I was last year (tu)

Something isn't right this year though ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something doesn't add up, I think we have been denied the right to proper ballot.

Totally unacceptable

Not heard from one supporter who has been successful.

A small handful on FF, and I'd guess there IP address is located south of the border.

Are UEFA trying to stop the Rangers support from taking over?

I'll take a bank loan out and pay thousands if we were to make it to the final

These UEFA bastards are at it

Totally unacceptable

I am not susprised actually. UEFA are probably protecting themselves from the possibility of having Rangers fans taking up the neutrals allocation aswell as our own allocation. Maybe they have had contact from a worried Greater Manchester Police who don't like the possibility of having to deal with upwards of 70'000 Bears invading Manchester.

Little do they know Rangers fans are very resourceful when it comes to getting tickets as has been proved many times. Whether UEFA try their best not to sell tickets to Gers fans the chances are that those tickets will end up in our hands anyway.

Totally unacceptable

Mate, everyone around Europe would have been applying + thousands in England who just want to watch a good game.

Bullshit, do the maths.

A section holding 12000, lucky if there is 1in20 Rangers fans successful in this ballot.

That means statistically 240000 or there abouts applied for this?

No way in hell do they figures add up!

Totally unacceptable

Obviously people must get accepted but i can't ever remember speaking to someone who actually has been successful in a european final application, including on forums. I wasn't going to bother this year but considerings its in manchester and we're still in it thought i may as well and did it on the deadline day. Amazed if i actually am accepted.

I was last year (tu)

Did you go? :) I was really keen for them last year even though Osasuna did pump us out because I live really near hampden. And it ended up a decent game too, penalty shoot out and everything. :(

Totally unacceptable

I was last year (tu)

Did you go? :) I was really keen for them last year even though Osasuna did pump us out because I live really near hampden. And it ended up a decent game too, penalty shoot out and everything. :(

Nah didn't go, i actually ended up being accepted for 2 tickets at £85 each plus £15 Admin charge on top of that so was i f*ck playing £185 for a neutral game that i didn't want to see (tu)

Totally unacceptable

I was last year (tu)

i went to the final lastyear at hampden, was a great game, was right in with espanyol fans so that atmosphere was mental, exspecially wen they kept on equalising!

Totally unacceptable

I am not susprised actually. UEFA are probably protecting themselves from the possibility of having Rangers fans taking up the neutrals allocation aswell as our own allocation. Maybe they have had contact from a worried Greater Manchester Police who don't like the possibility of having to deal with upwards of 70'000 Bears invading Manchester.

Little do they know Rangers fans are very resourceful when it comes to getting tickets as has been proved many times. Whether UEFA try their best not to sell tickets to Gers fans the chances are that those tickets will end up in our hands anyway.

So everyone of us entered that ballot under false pretenses?

I agree that they wouldn't want the Rangers fans taking over but as you say 'we are a resourceful' bunch

So in denying us the right to an honest chance they have handed the touts the opportunity to rip us of

I appreciate we are a long way away from the final, but this is rotten

Totally unacceptable

Mate, everyone around Europe would have been applying + thousands in England who just want to watch a good game.

Bullshit, do the maths.

A section holding 12000, lucky if there is 1in20 Rangers fans successful in this ballot.

That means statistically 240000 or there abouts applied for this?

No way in hell do they figures add up!

Rangers arent the only team entered.

Thousands of football fans around EUROPE will be applying for these tickets, with particularly a lot in England with it being played their.

Rangers arent the only team entered.

Thousands of football fans around EUROPE will be applying for these tickets, with particularly a lot in England with it being played their.

No other team in Europe travels like us, no one!

If 5000 of us entered this ballot, then there'd be about 1000 Bayern fans prepared to risk £72 on the possibility on reaching the final.

Totally unacceptable

So everyone of us entered that ballot under false pretenses?

I agree that they wouldn't want the Rangers fans taking over but as you say 'we are a resourceful' bunch

So in denying us the right to an honest chance they have handed the touts the opportunity to rip us of

I appreciate we are a long way away from the final, but this is rotten

I agree, it is an abomination. UEFA have absolutely no right to deny someone a fair crack of the whip simply due to their geographic location.

But like i say, with their track record on fairness and equality i am not in the least bit surprised. A joke of an organisation.

got the email, same bollox.

am i right in thinking there is nobody on this site yet who has got them.... and how many have entered?

edit, im interested to know, going to add a poll to the original post

Gutted:

IF (?) we get to the final Rangers only get 13,000 tickets. I am a season ticket holder and subscribe to the direct debit scheme, but dont do away games domestically or abroad. I wonder where I will be in terms of priority ? sigh! <cr>

Dear Football Supporter,

Thank you for your application for tickets to the UEFA Cup Final 2008 to be held at City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester.

Due to demand for tickets exceeding the number available for sale, a ballot took place to ensure the tickets were allocated in a fair and consistent manner.

On this occasion, we regret to advise you that your application for tickets was unsuccessful.

We can confirm however that you have been placed on a waitlist.

If you do not wish to remain waitlisted for tickets please reply by e-mail to the following address uefacupfinal2008@mcfc.co.uk no later than 3 April 2008.

As you know successful applicants can cancel their ticket application during the period 25 March to 3 April 2008, which may result in additional public tickets becoming available for sale.

If this situation occurs you will receive an email during the period 4-21 April 2008 advising that up to a maximum of 2 ticket(s) were allocated to you.

If we cannot offer you the chance to purchase any tickets you will be advised, by email no later than 22 April 2008.

Further information and advice is available through our Customer Contact Service Centre.

By telephone + 44 (0) 8707 14 05 08

By e-mail uefacupfinal2008@mcfc.co.uk

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in European football.

With kind regards

Local Organising Committee

pish!!!!!!!!!!

if we get to that final i reckon the chances of getting a ticket wil be near impossible - cos id think at least 50000 would make the trip doon the m6, manchester would turn into glasgow for the day

I failed but as a previous poster said, if we make it, I shall be there no matter what... even if it means climbing up and over the stadium exterior during the night, hiding underneath a seat for 12 hours and sneakily finding a quiet spot when the ground starts filling up ;-)

As it has been 5 months since the last OF game, i hope we have been doing our homework as both sides have changed quite a bit since the last encounter. Celtic will undoubtedly try and go for it as they need the points more desperately. WS knows this and I won;t be surprised if he forms one up front again to hit them on the counter( much like we used to do in the 9IAR years)

They will have Samaras and whoever upfront ready to pounce so here are my top matchups for Saturday.

Kirk Broadfoot vs Mc gayday: Hutton absolutely schooled this fool last time and Mcgayday will be up for this to show he won;t be neutralized again.

Ferguson v Brown like so many of these games, the battle is won and lost with graft in the midfield.Fergie has not been on form lately and he is due a blinder"scruff of the neck" kind of matches. This will be a tough battle but the winner will likely get the bragging rights.

Novo vs Samaras battle of the strikers and for me Celtic must do a better job in handling wee Novo. He dominated the last game and I feel they don;t have the Defence to stop him and he will run them ragged again. Samaras is an unknown in OF games and we haven't played him before. We must rattle him early and get him disinterested as I feel the occasion will overwhelm him

Match Prediction"

Rangers 1 Celtic 0 (Novo) second half goal :rangers::rangers:

JVoH vs McGregor will be crucial, same for McDonald vs Cuellar.

I think a lot will come down to composure though, how well each team holds it together, so the key men should be Bazza and McAnus.

Prediction: 1-0 Boyd or Darcheville.

KB vs McGeadie - If KB gets support we will be ok. If he is rash look out for numerous free kicks. Personally I would play Daily at RB if fit.

I think Thomson will be set on Brown and will win this battle freeing Ferguson up.

Up front I hope we have Novo on the wing and JCD (then later Boyd) in the middle vs the Celtic defence. If we only have JCD then we are in trouble - far too defensive. We are at Ibrox. Remember the first half vs DU. Boyd to replace JCD after an hour.

McCulloch - probably will play and he is contributing nothing just now. Thats my fear. Would even prefer CA to Lee.

This is one big important game!