McCartney doesn't want to be a Ger

Bazza

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...icle3548916.ece

I don't want to be a Ger

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

George McCartney says a move to Rangers doesn't appeal to him and he's happy being a Hammer.

Speculation has surfaced that McCartney will follow in the footsteps of his international comrade Steven Davis by leaving London for Glasgow in the summer, however the Belfast man has no plans to quit West Ham.

Rangers are tracking the talented left-back who has turned in consistently solid performances in the Hammers' rearguard.

And Ibrox chief Walter Smith is poised to make a summer swoop for another Northern Ireland international, but McCartney is not interested in a fresh challenge.

It is also highly unlikely manager Alan Curbishley will let his only left-back leave Upton Park.

"I'm happy with life at West Ham - I am playing every week in the Premier League," said McCartney.

"Rangers are a massive team but I don't know if Scottish football is really up to Premier League standards.

"I'm more than happy with how things are going at West Ham - I still have three years left there and any talk about clubs wanting to sign me is simply stories you read in newspapers.

"I just put that to the back of my mind."

Fulham midfielder Steven Davis is thriving in his loan spell at the Gers but McCartney is still prospering in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

"If you look at the Champions League there are four English sides still in the competition so you would be hard pushed to find a better league at the minute," he added.

"I know there are other top players playing around the world in the Spanish and Italian Leagues but overall I feel the best players would be happy to play for the top English sides.

"It's a really tough league and all the teams have quality in their ranks. I noticed the difference immediately when I moved from Sunderland to West Ham - it was a big step up.

"But I've had a good consistent season and I'm happy with how things have went."

I am from NI and a bears season ticker holder George Mc Cartney is a distruptive influence and was banned from the NI squads by Sanchez he is also not that good and wouldnt be in the sams class as a fit Stevie Smith we dont need him So thanks for your interest in our club George but no thanks

"If you look at the Champions League there are four English sides still in the competition so you would be hard pushed to find a better league at the minute," he added.

Yeah because you play against teams with the quality of the big four every week, and the outcome is always unpredicticable isn't it? <_<

I'm sure that one day your grand kids will enjoy tales of how you once beat Bolton to achieve an 11th place finish in The Premiership :rolleyes:

I'm sure that one day your grand kids will enjoy tales of how you once beat Bolton to achieve an 11th place finish in The Premiership :rolleyes:

Couldnae says it better meself.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...icle3548916.ece

I don't want to be a Ger

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

George McCartney says a move to Rangers doesn't appeal to him and he's happy being a Hammer.

Speculation has surfaced that McCartney will follow in the footsteps of his international comrade Steven Davis by leaving London for Glasgow in the summer, however the Belfast man has no plans to quit West Ham.

Rangers are tracking the talented left-back who has turned in consistently solid performances in the Hammers' rearguard.

And Ibrox chief Walter Smith is poised to make a summer swoop for another Northern Ireland international, but McCartney is not interested in a fresh challenge.

It is also highly unlikely manager Alan Curbishley will let his only left-back leave Upton Park.

"I'm happy with life at West Ham - I am playing every week in the Premier League," said McCartney.

"Rangers are a massive team but I don't know if Scottish football is really up to Premier League standards.

"I'm more than happy with how things are going at West Ham - I still have three years left there and any talk about clubs wanting to sign me is simply stories you read in newspapers.

"I just put that to the back of my mind."

Fulham midfielder Steven Davis is thriving in his loan spell at the Gers but McCartney is still prospering in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

"I know there are other top players playing around the world in the Spanish and Italian Leagues but overall I feel the best players would be happy to play for the top English sides.

"It's a really tough league and all the teams have quality in their ranks. I noticed the difference immediately when I moved from Sunderland to West Ham - it was a big step up.

"But I've had a good consistent season and I'm happy with how things have went."

Of course he is only talking about the Champions League from a spectators point of view, if he were to sign for us then he would be able to talk from experience, but (assuming we were ever interested) if he doesn't want to come then stuff him :D

My nephew met McCartney along with other Northern Ireland players yesterday, and when he asked McCartney to sign his shirt he rolled his eyes at him, not really the attitude you'd expect towards a kid asking for an autograph

F*ck 'im then, hope they get relegated.

So do I.

Plenty of loyal Hammers at Upton Park lads, let's not wish that on them. Maybe something more personal aimed at mr McCartney would be more fitting? :pipe: