Hinkel warns Rangers

Muff

Celtic defender Andreas Hinkel insists there is no chance Rangers will be allowed to run away with the SPL title.

And the German, who was denied an equaliser by Allan McGregor's top-drawer save in Saturday's Old Firm clash, believes the leaders can definitely be caught as Celtic chase their third championship in a row.

Hinkel claims Rangers's 1-0 win at Ibrox was harsh on Gordon Strachan's side, who had several first-half chances before Kevin Thomson shot the hosts ahead.

"I don't think the result on Saturday was just," Hinkel told the club's official website.

Rangers must visit Parkhead twice before the end of the season, with the first of Celtic's two home Old Firm clashes taking place on 16th April.

Those fixtures give Hinkel hope that he can make a trophy-winning start to his Celtic career, having arrived from Sevilla in January.

Fight all the way

"We still have the chance to win the league and we will fight all the way to do that. At the moment, Rangers are in a better position, but two wins in the derbies for us and everything changes," added Hinkel.

"We had enough chances in the Rangers match to get a result and I saw a game that we could have won on Saturday."

Boruc, Hartley, Caldwell, Brown, Samaras and now Hinkel. Let them do the talking, we'll keep it for on the park!

Celtic defender Andreas Hinkel insists there is no chance Rangers will be allowed to run away with the SPL title.

And the German, who was denied an equaliser by Allan McGregor's top-drawer save in Saturday's Old Firm clash, believes the leaders can definitely be caught as Celtic chase their third championship in a row.

Hinkel claims Rangers's 1-0 win at Ibrox was harsh on Gordon Strachan's side, who had several first-half chances before Kevin Thomson shot the hosts ahead.

"I don't think the result on Saturday was just," Hinkel told the club's official website.

Rangers must visit Parkhead twice before the end of the season, with the first of Celtic's two home Old Firm clashes taking place on 16th April.

Those fixtures give Hinkel hope that he can make a trophy-winning start to his Celtic career, having arrived from Sevilla in January.

Fight all the way

"We still have the chance to win the league and we will fight all the way to do that. At the moment, Rangers are in a better position, but two wins in the derbies for us and everything changes," added Hinkel.

"We had enough chances in the Rangers match to get a result and I saw a game that we could have won on Saturday."

Boruc, Hartley, Caldwell, Brown, Samaras and now Hinkel. Let them do the talking, we'll keep it for on the park!

Just desperation comments,they all know it's rangers title this season and they can't handle it,and caldwell should be arrested for impersonating a footballer

Fight all the way

Just desperation comments,they all know it's rangers title this season and they can't handle it,and caldwell should be arrested for impersonating a footballer

:lol:

will they ever learn they had the chance on Sat to do something they blew it again, now it's wait til the next game when they lose that it'll be wait til the next game then it'll be wait til next season. well as long as wattie and Ally are in charge it'll be well into the next decade before we know it and they'll still be saying wait til the next game. So Hinkel shut the f**k up til you win then you can mouth off you twat.

I just do not understand their obsession with 'talking big' to the press.

They end up falling flat on their faces. Every time.

Let them say whatever they want to say.

It's no skin off our nose.

doh How many gazillion times during Walter's first reign did we hear whinging similar to his? I remember so many comments like "That result was unjust", "We played them off the park and were so unfortunate to lose" (blah blah blah ad nauseum) coming from their camp during our 9IR run. Some things just never change.

Let them come out with this crap all they want, they are hurting so much and i am LOVING IT.

"We still have the chance to win the league and we will fight all the way to do that. At the moment, Rangers are in a better position, but two wins in the derbies for us and everything changes," added Hinkel."

Aye 2 wins would change everything but you aint going to get 2 wins. 4 wins on the trot and you aint even scored a goal in any of them yet they think they are going to get 2 wins.

"We had enough chances in the Rangers match to get a result and I saw a game that we could have won on Saturday"

COULD being the important word here but you DIDNT win it hinkel. The result is all that matters, goals win games and goals win championships, not CHANCES. You could still be playing and you wouldnt have scored, we didnt even have to get out of first gear to win and THAT is why we are going to be champions

Guest Andypendek
GIRUY ya mhanky mob, you can talk to the talk but you won't walk the walk..

they DEFINITELY won't be walking at any walks

did we not hear all this last week that they would win etc. ??

keep talking to the rags ya filthy tims, we'll do our talking on the park like we have the last 4 times we've beaten you in a row and ye've not even scored a goal - GIRUY