Big Lee McCulloch

Gid

Bad peformences all round tonight but this guy has got be one of the most idle, lazy players we've had in a long time, just take your eye off the ball for a few seconds and watch him, going into positions that aren't going to do anyone any good or alot of the time just standing there looking around! As a Rangers fan who pays a fortune to go and watch them i'm ashamed that this guy claims to be a so called life long fan of our club, i'm not a professional footballer and i could add more effort to the team than he does.

Don't get me wrong, i don't blame him totally for tonight but i feel less strongly about a bad peformer if its a rare bad game or if they're always trying their best, wee Davis had a real shocker but i feel the effort is always there with him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumbering Lee did make a second half contribution when he passed on the message to Barry to tell the bench that JCD's hamstring had gone - now thats what you call teamwork and what a front 3 can do together.

(tu)

A man I respect

Btw, great to be called a bawbag by a 'forum leader'! :lol: Just cause you disagree with each other!

Yeah, lets lead the forum by calling folk bawbags!

McCulloch is fuking shite and anyone who watched that game and says any different needs to pass me some of whatever they are taking!

His very presence on the park makes us play a style of football we simply cannot play!

Apart from his 30+yard shot at goal he done sweet FA as usual. He never tracked back, the few balls he won in the air went absolutely nowhere and whenever Papac tried to get forward he had to go back as he had no support!

I lost count of the time we played the ball from goalkicks etc out wide left and he wasnt ever there!! And when McGregor, Weir,Cuellar tried to play the ball long and it missed McCulloch it left Novo or David trying to win the ball in the air!

Dont get me wrong as a team we were all over the place tonight, how can a team play 5midfeilders, primerly holding mids, not hold the ball or at least pass the ball about rather than pumping it long!

Anyway back on topic, at corners and throw-ins he is so static its unreal! He should have been hooked at half time. There right back looked dodgy as fuck but McCulloch never once tried to beat him and we missed a glaring chane to get Novo, Naisy etc on to put him under pressure!

I am livid that i paid over £100 for me and my brother to go and watch that absolute shite tonight! Yeh it could have been worse but not much! Why even pick 7subs when you have no intention of using more than 1!!

Were you one of the pricks that booed at the end then. :craphead:

McCulloch is fuking shite and anyone who watched that game and says any different needs to pass me some of whatever they are taking!

His very presence on the park makes us play a style of football we simply cannot play!

Apart from his 30+yard shot at goal he done sweet FA as usual. He never tracked back, the few balls he won in the air went absolutely nowhere and whenever Papac tried to get forward he had to go back as he had no support!

I lost count of the time we played the ball from goalkicks etc out wide left and he wasnt ever there!! And when McGregor, Weir,Cuellar tried to play the ball long and it missed McCulloch it left Novo or David trying to win the ball in the air!

Dont get me wrong as a team we were all over the place tonight, how can a team play 5midfeilders, primerly holding mids, not hold the ball or at least pass the ball about rather than pumping it long!

Anyway back on topic, at corners and throw-ins he is so static its unreal! He should have been hooked at half time. There right back looked dodgy as fuck but McCulloch never once tried to beat him and we missed a glaring chane to get Novo, Naisy etc on to put him under pressure!

I am livid that i paid over £100 for me and my brother to go and watch that absolute shite tonight! Yeh it could have been worse but not much! Why even pick 7subs when you have no intention of using more than 1!!

Certainly was not, never stay till the end of any game and tonight wasnt any different!

And what exactly did i say that warranted being called a "prick"???

Pains me to say it Eric, but someone deserved a booing tonight.

For almost £50, either the players just didn't try hard enough, or were being told to play that negative by the management.

Lumbering Lee did make a second half contribution when he passed on the message to Barry to tell the bench that JCD's hamstring had gone - now thats what you call teamwork and what a front 3 can do together.

(tu)

A man I respect

Btw, great to be called a bawbag by a 'forum leader'! :lol: Just cause you disagree with each other!

Yeah, lets lead the forum by calling folk bawbags!

Isnt it brilliant when people seemingly lack the intelligence or debating skills that they resort to insulting you!

he had one of his better games last night - but he cannot pass, he cannot run ,he cannot beat a player , he wins the odd header and fouls most of the time

i cannot believe that is the description of a rangers 1st team regular

When I heard we were trying to sign him in the summer I thought please god no he's not good enough, pains me to say it but he's done nothing to change my mind. When he plays as far as I'm concerned it's like playing with 10 men. When he was out injured we played the best football of the season and were still winning without him. When he was fit again said to my mate he'd be on the bench for a couple of games then he be a regular starter again, I got that wrong he was on the bench 1 game and then a regular starter and playing good football was gone.

I'm not saying he's a world beater by any manner of means, I just would like to see him up front in a two-man strike force to see how it would work out.

He was one of our better players last night, although still not outstanding, and I think certain people on here are a little blinkered.

Is he better than Naismith, Novo, Boyd, Buffell or Gow the answer to that is NO so why does he get a game before any of them.

Correct mate,

THe thing is, people say we shouldnt play Boyd as all he does is score and that we shouldnt change formation etc to accommodate one player. But whenever McCulloch plays thats exactly what we do!

McCulloch brings nothing constructive to the team IMO apart from his heading "ability", he offers more work rate etc than Boyd but Novo, Naisy etc all work as hard as him!

For someone who is supposed to be a force in the air, his movement etc at set pieces is non-existent!

Not only does he offer much going forward creative wise but he is a major liability when we are defending! I lost count of the times that Thommo or Hemdani had to pull out wide to help Papac leaving us outnumbered against a very good midfield!

The fact that people think that last night was one of his better games sums it up for me as he was shit!

*Puts hands up*

Watched the game back today, torture, but a wee apology of sorts.

Came home last night from the game and said Lee had won 7 out of 10 headers in the first half. However actually he won 9 headers and lost 7. And overall, won 15 headers and lost 11.

I can understand why some have said he was our best player after watching the game. I can only fathom he was more noticeable than other Blue shirts as he had more shots than any other Rangers player that half. However having 2 decent shots and heading the ball to nobody most of the time - while at times not being challenged - is not what I see as 'impressive'.

McCulloch was one of our better players tonight.

:ohmy:

I'm wondering if that includes giving the ball away 2 or 3 times

:lol:

Sorry, twice then (tu) After watching the game back.

Did McCulloch come out for the 2nd half?

Yet another game and yet another pish performance.

The most impressive thing he done was a through ball to JCD that was intercepted

However having 2 decent shots and heading the ball to nobody most of the time - while at times not being challenged - is not what I see as 'impressive'.

As you have just pointed out McCulloch does his job in our current set up.

He isn't specifically meant to head the ball to anybody. His role in the team is to flick it on for the runners.

However it's kind of hard to get the benefit of his ability to win important flick ons when you have an isolated front man and a midfield three: Ferguson, Thomson and Hemdani who have next to no pace what so ever isn't it?

However having 2 decent shots and heading the ball to nobody most of the time - while at times not being challenged - is not what I see as 'impressive'.

As you have just pointed out McCulloch does his job in our current set up.

He isn't specifically meant to head the ball to anybody. His role in the team is to flick it on for the runners.

However it's kind of hard to get the benefit of his ability to win important flick ons when you have an isolated front man and a midfield three: Ferguson, Thomson and Hemdani who have next to no pace what so ever isn't it?

Not denying your last point bud.

If we had 2 or 3 pacey players, say a nippy forward or two and a fast winger from the other side then it might not be so bad looking for Lee.

But heading to nobody makes Lee's role less and performance look more useless. Its like 'You win headers but it didn't do anything...'

If we had 2 or 3 pacey players, say a nippy forward or two and a fast winger from the other side then it might not be so bad looking for Lee.

But heading to nobody makes Lee's role less and performance more useless. Its like 'You win headers but it didn't do anything...'

I'm not one to criticise WS but I think he's got the wrong players for the system that we are currently using.

If we went 4-4-2 with Davis in the centre then we would see far more from McCulloch IMO.

But heading to nobody makes Lee's role less and performance more useless. Its like 'You win headers but it didn't do anything...'

I'm not one to criticise WS but I think he's got the wrong players for the system that we are currently using.

If we went 4-4-2 with Davis in the centre then we would see far more from McCulloch IMO.

That opens a new can of worms in that Davis is on the right!