Player of the Year Nominees

Muff

Three Celtic players have been named on a four-man shortlist for the PFA Scotland Player of the Year award.

Despite Rangers being in line to claim a domestic treble, Carlos Cuellar is the only Ibrox player nominated alongside Scott McDonald, Aiden McGeady and Barry Robson, who moved to Parkhead from Dundee United in January.

McGeady is also on a five-man shortlist for the young player award, alongside Falkirk midfielder Scott Arfield, Hibernian forward Steven Fletcher, Motherwell's Ross McCormack and Dundee midfielder Kevin McDonald.

The successor to Celtic midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura will be announced at a dinner at the Glasgow Hilton on April 20.

PFA Scotland chief executive Fraser Wishart said: "This is the top award for players.

"There is no greater honour in football than to be voted the best player in your country by your fellow professionals."

Barry Robson?? wtf is that all about :angry2:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Three Celtic players have been named on a four-man shortlist for the PFA Scotland Player of the Year award.

Despite Rangers being in line to claim a domestic treble, Carlos Cuellar is the only Ibrox player nominated alongside Scott McDonald, Aiden McGeady and Barry Robson, who moved to Parkhead from Dundee United in January.

McGeady is also on a five-man shortlist for the young player award, alongside Falkirk midfielder Scott Arfield, Hibernian forward Steven Fletcher, Motherwell's Ross McCormack and Dundee midfielder Kevin McDonald.

The successor to Celtic midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura will be announced at a dinner at the Glasgow Hilton on April 20.

PFA Scotland chief executive Fraser Wishart said: "This is the top award for players.

"There is no greater honour in football than to be voted the best player in your country by your fellow professionals."

Barry Robson?? wtf is that all about :angry2:

Barry Robson must be in there as some sort of joke.

I think it's wrong that Robson is in there, but to be fair.........

Are the votes for the players player of the year award not cast around January/February. Which is ridiculous, because there is still a large chunk of the season to go, but that's the case apparently. So at that time, Robson would barely have been at Celtic and a few players might have been impressed by his early season form for Dundee United.

Don't see why they don't change their voting system so that players vote towards the end of the season, at the very end if possible, like the writers do.

Has to be Cuellar but I wouldnt say I could honestly back Weir for POTY, McGregor would be a decent shout but I would have thought a Motherwell player would have been in there ahead of Robson. Id say they deserve at least one up there (alternatively I'd put Wilkie in ahead of Robson I think hes performed well for a full season not half).

How skip can still be on it after his dip in form. Mcgeadinho "reallly" showed his quality against barca... what was it two crosses? Robson hasn't played for half the season. Who's performances have been the most consistent? King Carlos. Wit a stupid list.

Robson is in there for his performances at Dundee UTD. And i Agree if Cuellar dosnt win it is a joke.

But he will win it as a Celtic player with Celtic taking unjustified credit.

Cueller ought to win, hands down.

just read that nakamura won it last year. didnt even know that. shows how much of a joke it is. McGaydey is up for young player aswell so i think Hel get that and Cuellar will get player of year

what a joke, robson has barely kicked a ball in 2008. Did very well in the first few months but its supposed to be player of the YEAR. Mcgeady and mcdonald well no surprise there even though they have both been pish the past few games. Cuellar poty by a mile but i bet mcgayday ends up winning it which will be a joke. Only thing theyare going to win this year. Weir and mcgregor should both have been in there as they have been outstanding all season.