Zenit fans stop Dick from buying Black players

Boab

Racist fans won't let me sign a black player, admits Dick Advocaat

Apr 26 2008 By Greig Thomas

DICK ADVOCAAT rocked Russian football yesterday by admitting Zenit St Petersburg fans are racists.

With Moscow preparing to host the Champions League Final on May 21, Advocaat confessed his club have no black players because their fans would never accept them.

The former Rangers and Holland manager - who guided Zenit to a 1-1 draw with Bayern Munich in Thursday's UEFA Cup semi-final first leg - insists he would have to ask the fans' permission before buying a black player and that they were unlikely to give it.

Zenit, whose top supporter is Russian president-elect Dmitry Medvedev, are the only club in Russia who have never fielded a black player.

Medvedev takes over the Kremlin next month and Advocaat's admission is a huge embarrassment.

The Dutchman said: "I would be happy to sign anyone but the fans don't like black players."

When Advocaat tried to sign Frenchman Mathieu Valbuena recently, the first question on fans' websites was: "Is he a negro?"

Advocaat said: "The problem is our fans. Quite honestly, I do not understand how they could pay so much attention to skin colour. For me there's no difference between white, black or red.

"But the fans are the most important thing Zenit have. That's why I have to ask them outright how they'll react if we sign a dark-skinned player.

"Frankly the only players who can make Zenit stronger are dark-skinned. Look at the Brazilians who play for CSKA."

But Advocaat admitted if the fans did not want black players, he wouldn't buy any.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...86908-20395349/

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I woke up this morning to a stinging allegation from Zenit St Petersburg coach Dick Advocaat

"I would be happy to sign anyone but the fans don't like black players." I read in Saturday's Daily Record.

Zenit, who are in with a real chance of reaching next months UEFA Cup final, have done so with an all white squad—something that in today's football climate is quite remarkable.

Remarkable it would be—were it not been apallingly racist!

Advocaat, a former Dutch national coach, claims that he needs black players to improve his squad and says he has tried to sign black players on numerous occasions, only for the clubs fans to reject the notion outright as they don't want black players at their club!

Another huge talking point surrounds the clubs most famous fan, the next Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

Does he subscribe to these views?

One would surely hope not, given his position of power.

I'm shocked and appalled by Russia's football fans' backward nature and their attitude towards black football players.

Many clubs in Russia have black players from all over the world but Zenit seem set on being Russia's premier all star 'white' football team.

It's a shame really and if there is even a hint of racist chanting as Bayern Munich meet them in next weeks Russian leg of the UEFA Cup semi final or even at the final itself in Manchester, I hope UEFA and FIFA combine to throw the book at them.

I'd also challenge Mr Medvedev to change his beloved clubs appalling transfer policy and bring his team back into the 21st Century!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/19852-R...-Deserve-Europe

Another wee story (tu)

Zenit fans are the most racist in Europe, easily.

And their club has the balls to disagree with this as well :rolleyes:

Against Marseille ( a club that has a history of singing players from all ethnic backgrounds) they had a banner in French, saying: 'There is no place for white in the colours of Marseille'.

They are often seen wearing hoods that resemble that of the KKK.

They had a monkey dressed in a Marseille-outfit and hung it by it's neck from a pole.

They never ever have signed a black player.

Guest Andypendek

whatever will they make of JCD as he rampages thru their defences on 14/5?

btw, i think this shoud be in the BD - it directly affects us, in that we're pretty likely to be in contact with these nazis in manchester.

ive heard of this too - but wasnt sure if it ws true - i mean would they say no to henry or drogba - dont know - if it is true its terrible in this day and age - but dont slag the russians, their no too keen on the brits .. we after one of their top men for murder - u never no he might be their get the jail and one of us can use his tcket :D

omfg... Do u really trust all these stories? o_O

Advocaat never said that Zenit supporters are racists. This is distorted translation of part of Dick's interview to one of russian newspapers.

U know, we've got one genius black boy in youth team ;)

But Advocaat admitted if the fans did not want black players, he wouldn't buy any.

If that is true, all the good work he did by canvassing for an extension for the SPL to help us is completely undone and he has absolutely no integrity at all.

He could leave and he'd be snapped up by plenty - his stock, like Smith's, is rising higher and higher all the time.

Very saddening if he is willing to stay at a racist institution.

omfg... Do u really trust all these stories? o_O

Advocaat never said that Zenit supporters are racists. This is distorted translation of part of Dick's interview to one of russian newspapers.

Then I'm sure Advocaat will publicly deny these comments, yes?

U know, we've got one genius black boy in youth team ;)

I hope to God this is a language barrier - but 'black boy'...you sound like you're in the Bible belt of the USA a couple of centuries ago.

I hope to God this is a language barrier.

=))) I just didnt know how to translate, but i hope u understand what i mean =) He's black. And no one minds this.

Black guys address themselves as black, as I do white if Im asked. Thats not a problem.