kevin thomson am i missing something

I think you are missing alot if you can't see what Kev does for us. I understand that his tackling can be reckless at times, however he does get the ball 99% of the time and is generally unlucky with bookings.

His passing range is great, he is the only player in our midfield that closes down and he is always willing to take a pass.

I think the first game against Barcelona at Ibrox proved how good a player he is, when he blocked/tackled everything that went anywhere near him. He was outstanding and I think he has had a great season when fit.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jury is still out on him for me. He makes far too many silly tackles and needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut. He's done ok in an average midfield this season, next season with hopefully more quality he can use his energy to good effect by getting forward when he can like the 1-0 game against the scum.

Jury is still out on him for me. He makes far too many silly tackles and needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut. He's done ok in an average midfield this season, next season with hopefully more quality he can use his energy to good effect by getting forward when he can like the 1-0 game against the scum.

He has much potential, but a long way to go. Others like LM, SW, CA etc have much further to go.

If that was the real KT v the tims at Ibrox we have a player, never done that near enough though, he must cut out the petulance , he has picked up plenty yellow cards, all for daft things prob not a bad tackle amongst them, carry on as is and he will miss loads of games a season through suspension, and thats no good to anyone.

v Celtic 9/10

The rest average 6/10.

Finger oot Kevin, its in there somewhere.

If that was the real KT v the tims at Ibrox we have a player, never done that near enough though, he must cut out the petulance , he has picked up plenty yellow cards, all for daft things prob not a bad tackle amongst them, carry on as is and he will miss loads of games a season through suspension, and thats no good to anyone.

v Celtic 9/10

The rest average 6/10.

Finger oot Kevin, its in there somewhere.

i thought he was awful that day apart fae his goal the first half he was woeful and let brown run the show no joke brown had a few good hnaes wer KT didnt trak his runs luky SB doesnt no how to finish or get a goal! KT has potential but thats it

just so everybody knows boab is the old IDEAL BROOMLOAN did you ever have the urge to change your name or did you have the conviction to uphold your thougts i have and will stand by them anybody who has changed them or their name should be sinn died.

I decided to make a new start/a change when we moved to the new board, I'm not ashamed though from the time of my last name or what I said. Perhaps the way I said it or at times how at I said but not what essentially my opinions.

2 things, I actually had in my sig 'Formerly Ideal Broomloan' for quite some time but eventually folk didn't need know that as they'd got to know me as Boab or knew I was as IB before too or it didn't matter. Secondly, nobody seems to ask this question apart from you. You are the one with the problem.

hello boab you are a bit quite son.

Firstly, since you were slightly rude yourself, I'll answer with the same tone.

1. You spelt 'quite', 'quiet'.

2. I went to bed! I thought this sentence below may have given it away but maybe your too accustomed to siestas in Spain...

This sentence below not give it away why I was 'quite'?

Sure am, not that it really matters, and goodnight.

Considering I can count Minstral and D'artagnan as great friends, and you would think they and I would be enemies, perhaps you should move on from the past.

Kt is the only midfielder that does put in a tackle and hassles opponents, too often do Bazza, Hemdani Daily, etc stand off the opponent and let them play. KT is a true holding mdfielder that is his game, he needs more forward thinkin gplayers next to him. KT is the best we have for that role.

Hes a waste of time no ball control no vision always mistimes tackles and lacks compsure i cant believe all the hype about him no better than first division.

I think you're being a bit harsh but yes, he's been hyped by the average Bear beyond what he's actually shown. Needs to improve in just about every department. Still the best of our myriad defensive midfielders though.

The lad doesn't have the most glamorous role on the park and that's why people over look him. One match just sit back and watch him for the whole 90mins. Then you'll understand.

I think he is a decent player who is over hyped. His major disadvantage is that he lacks the pace to be a great player.

The main reasons for his many bookings is this lack of pace and the fact that he is caught on his heels and on the wrong side of his opponents far too often and has to resort to the jersey pulling etc.

People love his last ditch crunching tackles but again he has to do this as he does not have to pace or awareness to intercept or close the opponent quickly enough.

If you spend time watching in games you will see him standing watching rather than moving and you will always see him increase his work rate in the last 10 minutes of each half, bit like a boxer trying to impress the judges at the end of a round.

He does put his team mates under pressure with passes when they are tightly marked.

Although I may sound over critical, most of these faults can be worked on; reading the game better can overcome, to some extent, his lack of basic pace.

Keeping alert and on the move can get him into better positions more quickly and I would hope that has learned something from Hemdani about this.

He is still young and has the ambition to improve, which he undoubtedly will but at the moment he is short of the mark of being a consistently influential player and does have a lot to learn.

I like Kevin Thomson, think he's a solid, tough tackling player with good passing and movement. He's come on a lot this season. I don't see him as a defensive midfielder though, think he can add a bit more to his game in an attacking sense. However, I think that'll just take a bit of time to develop.

What annoys my to f*ck though, is when Ferguson has the ball, looks for a pass to the strikers and nothing's on, he just passes it to KT and has a go at the strikers for not moving rather than trying to make space for himself! Leaves KT with 2 players closing him down and putting him under pressure!

Our best midfield player this season by a wide margin!!! Not the best going forward but gives you everything, covers every blade of grass, loves a tackle and can pass a ball!!! People who slate him as not good enough are obviously not football people as they dont understand the subtilties of the role that Thomson plays!!!

Our best midfield player this season by a wide margin!!! Not the best going forward but gives you everything, covers every blade of grass, loves a tackle and can pass a ball!!! People who slate him as not good enough are obviously not football people as they dont understand the subtilties of the role that Thomson plays!!!

KT probably was our best this season - but that would not be hard as our mid field was awful. He has a lot of potential, but a long way to go. He lacks pace and that is a problem for him. See Docspiderman's comments. Also if people differ in opinion from you that's their right and I would not make sweeping generalizations about "obviously not football people" as some of them may have played and seen a heck of a lot of football over the years. Your opinion is only YOUR opinion at the end of the day. You may be right, but then again you may not be.

Has punctuation gone out of fashion? :craphead:

KT has been one of our best players this season IMO.

Neat and tidy in possession, tracks back and works his arse off for the team.

Needs a creative midfielder alongside him.

I'm quite quiet on criticizing our players but I look at it this way, they paid over the odds for Broon and we paid a reasonable sum for KT, KT has shown decent work and promise, Broon has flopped. KT will be a key player the more he plays.

Thommo is a good 'un imo, he works hard and i think (gets tin hat ready) he works better with more responsibility, i.e. when he doesn't have to give the ball to Barry.

Someone said earlier, a lot of the time Barry takes the ball from KT when he's in good position, but gives him the ball when he isn't. A decent attacking midfielder would make him more creative.

Still think we have much more to see from him, but he does need to cut the crap bookings out if he is to become a really good player.

Thommo is a good 'un imo, he works hard and i think (gets tin hat ready) he works better with more responsibility, i.e. when he doesn't have to give the ball to Barry.

Someone said earlier, a lot of the time Barry takes the ball from KT when he's in good position, but gives him the ball when he isn't. A decent attacking midfielder would make him more creative.

Still think we have much more to see from him, but he does need to cut the crap bookings out if he is to become a really good player.

Good point mate. (tu)

We suffer creatively due to a lack of movement. A large chunk of the problem is that a lot of the time when KT has the ball, Barry is usually standing beside him or, as you said, he comes and takes it off him. So we've got our 2 central midfielders behind the ball rather than having one making a run.

I'd like to see how KT and Davis play together in the middle. Davis is more dynamic than Barry and could be the player to bring more movement to the midfield rather than have him stuck out on the right.

Good point mate. (tu)

We suffer creatively due to a lack of movement. A large chunk of the problem is that a lot of the time when KT has the ball, Barry is usually standing beside him or, as you said, he comes and takes it off him. So we've got our 2 central midfielders behind the ball rather than having one making a run.

I'd like to see how KT and Davis play together in the middle. Davis is more dynamic than Barry and could be the player to bring more movement to the midfield rather than have him stuck out on the right.

For me Thomson has been the engine in the midfield this season, always willing, he doesnt get forward too much because of his holding role but i think hes been effective when he does. I think hes limited in the midfield though because we lack quality, too many time fergie, as pointed out, came back to collect the ball of him, no need at all, thompsons range of passing is good