Bring back Lovenkrands!

ekbear93

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at that. I thought Neil McCann was a great player for us.

Pacey and had a great final ball as well as pitching in with some important goals. Underrated IMO.

Maybe a wee bit injury prone but I really liked him.

peter won the hide and seek championship when he played for rangers. :)

He would have won the top scorer championship too if he hadn't been shunted back out to the left wing ;)

we should be looking forward not backwards.

You aren't complaining with Walter Smith as manager

ha ha you dont read my posts then. :mutley:

I thought just that! ;)

A little reminder of what Blue Peter did for us. I think you're a bit harsh on him Minstral.

A little reminder of what Blue Peter did for us. I think you're a bit harsh on him Minstral.

for every good game he had 6 bad ones, plus why did he leave when he was offered a decent contract.

I don't care what Lovenkrands did in the past for us, neither he, nor Misser Miller, nor freaky Crouch or any number of passable players mentioned is of a high enough quality. Fleck and Boyd and Novo and Gow can out pace most of the guys being mentioned. Cousin needs to get howfed. Keep Papac but only as cover for Smith. Bring in some expensive class signings for a more attacking midfield, send Broadfoot to the knackers yard, buy cover for Weir and we're looking reasonably good.

Also want to wish Sebo all the best and thank our friends that paid over £1 million for the guy. WOuld hate to see us turn round and waste that money on gash like Miller.

for every good game he had 6 bad ones, plus why did he leave when he was offered a decent contract.

That's a gross exaggeration. Not the most consistent but never that bad.

He was offered a ridiculous £34k a week by the Germans, wasn't he? I doubt we offered much more than half that (which was reasonable).

I'd take him if the price is right. I'd like to see him play up front though, or maybe as a second striker, not out wide though, he tends to fall out of games if he's played there. And he can't cross to save himself.

I always loved watching him run with the ball, beat 2 or 3 guys with his pace, and tuck it away in the net. Not sure if he's still got the pace though.

I'm in two minds about it.

He showed he has talent, but should that overshadow all the times he was awful?

Then again, was that all down to him being played in the wrong position? Was his form due to his contract running out, and him being played up front at that time just a coincidence?

Certainly is a dilemma...

still waiting for someone to tell me how well he has done in germany. :rolleyes:

http://www.schalke04.de/team_photo.html?&a...Hash=f77204121a

Answer your question?

Yes, and PL's achievements don't amount to one hellva lot I'd say. These stats give no indication of his injuries (fairly often I believe) and its no coincidence that he now has approx one year left on his contract and we're getting these noises about moving back to Glasgow...

In short: no thanks.