Rangers Sign Kyle Lafferty

Muff

Just hope our manager plays him as a striker and not out wide left.

What's his natural position? Don't think I've ever seen him play.

He's a striker who was played out wide left for Burnley towards the end of Cotterill's time in charge and for the majority of the time under Owen Coyle.

He plays upfront for Northern Ireland. I just hope Smith plays him upfront as he's not very good out wide.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there HAS to be alot more money than the media is saying...there is absolutely NO way we would spend 4mill on a striker with potential...i am sure walt said he was going to bring in 2 or 3- he already has 3...but in the only area of the park where we had a decent amount of cover...our midfield is sorely lacking that spark and our wing backs play with lead in their boots...i am now convinced walt has around 13-15mill to spend..if you sell off cousin for a modest 2mill, hendami 1mill, then our spend will be around 10mill - pretty good given we basically got that for one player last season

Boyd and Lafferty cant play together.

Both slow and have no pace.

Ones a natural goalscorer..the others well.. Who knows we'll see.

Boyd has no pace. If you had ever watched Lafferty play, or even read one of the many articles about him in the press over the last few days, you would realise that he does indeed have plenty of pace. For a guy of his height he is exceedingly quick, which is probably why he has been played wide left for Burnley when they played with 1 up front last season.

RDB have you actually every seen Lafferty play? doh

Or do you just hate him because he was the final nail in your "chum" Gow's Ibrox coffin :rolleyes:

Yes, seen him play in 3 games, Didnt realy do much.

Ok played out of position, But thats the position WS has seen him play in, why should that change?

How it the final nail in the coffin? Gows been given the choice of signing for burnley or not..and he doesnt want to.

So we'll see.

RDB have you actually every seen Lafferty play? doh

Or do you just hate him because he was the final nail in your "chum" Gow's Ibrox coffin :rolleyes:

he obviously hasnt seen him, lafferty is a lot quicker than you would think for a big guy. Yes hes not a natural goalscorer but he has a lot of attributes that boyd doesnt have. THAT is why walter has went for him, no point having a lot similar strikers at the club so walter is trying to get different types of striker in.

Durrant and Smith took 2 of Northern Ireland's matches in, both games Lafferty started upfront.

I'd imagine they have seen him play for Burnley on the left. I hope they see that Lafferty is a striker and not a winger.

Yes, seen him play in 3 games, Didnt realy do much.

Ok played out of position, But thats the position WS has seen him play in, why should that change?

How it the final nail in the coffin? Gows been given the choice of signing for burnley or not..and he doesnt want to.

So we'll see.

How do you know Walter hasn't based what he could potentially do for us on the basis of how he plays for Northern Ireland, as well as Burnley.

Lawrie Sanchez has already said that a large part of Healy's great form is down to the way that Lafferty acts as a great foil for him.

And seeing as we just spent 2 million on another small nippy and mobile striker in Miller I think that there is every reason to think that Walter believes that they can form a partnership.

You're right RDB. For NI Lafferty has struck up a fantastic partnership with David Healy, in fact a fair few of Healy's goals have been set up by the big man. Its a Healy type player that he needs to play alongside to get the best out of him imo. Boyd is a fantastic goal scorer, but he doesnt have the all round game, though he is improving, that Healy has.

OMG lets sign Healy! :craphead: