Rangers Sign Kyle Lafferty

Muff

Great, Miller and Lafferty partnership.

What a great way to treat your top striker.

What does Boyd have to do, to win over fans.

They should be fighting for a start upfront with boyd.

We should have signed a " quality " player to partner Boyd, a good foil. Not waste it on over rated pish like lafferty. Got nothing to do with Gow being involved in the deal. Celtic were going to bid around 500k for the guy 18 months ago. Now hes worth 3million more, after a few international games and about 4 goals for burnley.

But hes signed now. :rangers:

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have signed a " quality " player to partner Boyd, a good foil. Not waste it on over rated pish like lafferty. Got nothing to do with Gow being involved in the deal. Celtic were going to bid around 500k for the guy 18 months ago. Now hes worth 3million more, after a few international games and about 4 goals for burnley.

He could play with Boyd, I was just saying the best I have seen Lafferty play is when he is up front alongside Healy. I have no idea what a partnership with him and boyd could be like, I'd like to see it though. I also think Lafferty and Naismith would be interesting.

celtic were just penny pinching, burnley told them to GTF with that offer. I would have preferred an experienced international quality striker to partner boyd as well. Lafferty is better than you think but hes not the finished article at the moment and i suspect it may be a year or 2 before we see the best of him.

Yes, seen him play in 3 games, Didnt realy do much.

Ok played out of position, But thats the position WS has seen him play in, why should that change?

How it the final nail in the coffin? Gows been given the choice of signing for burnley or not..and he doesnt want to.

So we'll see.

How do you know Walter hasn't based what he could potentially do for us on the basis of how he plays for Northern Ireland, as well as Burnley.

Lawrie Sanchez has already said that a large part of Healy's great form is down to the way that Lafferty acts as a great foil for him.

And seeing as we just spent 2 million on another small nippy and mobile striker in Miller I think that there is every reason to think that Walter believes that they can form a partnership.

The great thing is though, at least if nothing else we have a few options eh? :rangers:

And before I forget. Welcome to Rangers Kyle, don't let the province down, every proddy in Ulster is pulling for you! :unionflag: :craphead:

Celtic were going to bid around 500k for the guy 18 months ago. Now hes worth 3million more, after a few international games and about 4 goals for burnley.

Crap, utter crap.

Celtic's bid was laughed at and Burnley said they wanted 5 million for him and months after that Fulham had a 4 million bid thrown out.

Celtic were going to bid around 500k for the guy 18 months ago. Now hes worth 3million more, after a few international games and about 4 goals for burnley.

Crap, utter crap.

Celtic's bid was laughed at and Burnley said they wanted 5 million for him and months after that Fulham had a 4 million bid thrown out.

Ok (tu)

I give up, its happened again (tu)

A players shite till he signs for us, happens with them all.

Hes cristiano Ronaldo now to all the fans.

Crap, utter crap.

Ok (tu)

Just because Lafferty signing meant that your favourite Gow had to leave :harhar:

Welcome to Rangers Kyle :rangers:

I'm really glad to see his arrival at the club- he's got all the ingredients to become a great player.

Would like to see Gow stay too but only if Walter is going to give him a proper chance-it would be a sin to see him rot in the reserves.Hope he finds a move that suits his needs and gives him the best chance of a successful future.

Ok (tu)

Nobody has said he's Ronaldo doh

But rather than act like judge, jury and executioner before he has actually kicked a ball, some of us are actually willing to reserve judgement on him.

All these people writing him off now, gauranting he will be crap, will be the ones to singing his praises the loudest if/when he does well for us and that will leave them looking very stupid if/when it happens.

Im feeling pretty good about this signing, much prefer signing a 20 year old with potential than a 30 year old whose best years are behind him.

the fact that he is a gers man himself makes it all the better for me.

and im not sorry to see the back of Gow either, if his attitude is as bad in training as it is when he is in the shop i work in, i can understand why walt got rid of him.

He's following in the footsteps of Sam English and Billy Simpson as Ulstermen who played up-front for rangers so he has a lot to live up to. :rangers: :unionflag: :rangers:

Though I dont want to put extra pressure on him or anything!

I have never seen him play so i wiil reserve judgement untill then

think he is more a long term investment type signing

not just to win us the league next season like velicka who is quite old

So gow can go for free now?

FFS.

No one said that mate. He is still in talks with Burnley, but now that he isn't part of the Lafferty deal I am sure he will go for some money. Maybe around £750,000 to 1 million????

A lot for a player who has been hopeless in the spl reserve league and who makes Cousin look like a hyped up,smiling, workalholic.

Overrated pish like Lafferty :D the sooner he starts walloping the goals in , and finally edges your pointless idol Gow out the door the better.

I think the lad will come good. He is big, puts his foot and and will score goals.

He is a blue nose and wants to be at the club and will give 200% unlike those guys using the club as a stepping stone (Cousin etc...)

Lets give the boy the :bouncy: