Rangers Sign Kyle Lafferty

Muff

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$4m is feckin ridiculous for a taller, younger Lee McCulloch

I was willing to give Walter the benefit of the doubt on the Miller signing but this is madness

I am NOT looking forward to next season - long hopeful aimless high balls looking for a Lafferty flick on for Miller to run in behind the defence and fuck it up

No-one else shares my thoughts that Lafferty might be our answer to the Under-21 rule? With Lafferty, Fleck & Furman on the bench we might actually be able to field any of our subs this season instead of having 2 or 3 only there to make up the numbers? :unsure:

Just a thought. Because I too am struggling to find something good in this deal. Not that I'm against us signing potential, but £3m + Gow does seem pretty excessive to say the least.

In Walter We Trust. I think. :unsure:

No-one else shares my thoughts that Lafferty might be our answer to the Under-21 rule? With Lafferty, Fleck & Furman on the bench we might actually be able to field any of our subs this season instead of having 2 or 3 only there to make up the numbers? :unsure:

Just a thought. Because I too am struggling to find something good in this deal. Not that I'm against us signing potential, but £3m + Gow does seem pretty excessive to say the least.

£3M and alan gow is a lot just for a player to fill the rule (with the added potential he has, if any) but we have players like steven lennon, mcmillan, emslie, furman, efrem, fleck who should all be pushing for those slots

Said something similar last night

He will be u21 for 2 seasons

SSN are saying the deal is on hold!

Due to Alan Gow stalling on personal terms with Burnley.

Lafferty has left Murray park

What is Gow's problem?

He's been sitting on his arse for a year doing fuck all. You think he would just be happy that somebody is willing to offer him a chance of first team football.

What is Gow's problem?

He's been sitting on his arse for a year doing fuck all. You think he would just be happy that somebody is willing to offer him a chance of first team football.

Maybe he likes sitting on his arse doing nothing :craphead:

What is Gow's problem?

he is looking after himself , as we all would do in our jobs , just making sure he gets a good deal

What is Gow's problem?

For £7,000 a week most people would.

But if I was a professional then I would rather be playing and making the most of the short time I had to make the most of my ability.

What is Gow's problem?

For £7,000 a week most people would.

But if I was a professional then I would rather be playing and making the most of the short time I had to make the most of my ability.

If i was Gow..... i would be looking for a better club than Burnley <_<

What is Gow's problem?

ever been to burnley???? Its a dump so wouldnt blame him for not being too keen. He should be grateful for the offer of some first team football though coz he aint getting any at ibrox.

If i was Gow..... i would be looking for a better club than Burnley <_<

But exactly what has he done to warrant interest from a better club than Burnley?

Nothing at Rangers.....But he did win a move to Rangers by playing well for Falkirk!

If i was Gow i would be wanting..... either try and get a move thats better than Burnley in the Championship, or to a top 6 team in the SPL. with a chance of playing in Europe,Cup finals(CIS or Scottish Cup) and maybe a outside chance of getting into the Scotland Squad!

Didn't Gow say something along the lines of "I'm staying at Rangers to fight for a 1st-team place" not long before the end of the season? :unsure:

Maybe he meant it!

if he said that, i think we may need to give him a drugs test.

Does he also think blocking one of Walters signings is going to increase his chances of playing? doh

Didn't Gow say something along the lines of "I'm staying at Rangers to fight for a 1st-team place" not long before the end of the season? :unsure:

Maybe he meant it!

if he said that, i think we may need to give him a drugs test.

Does he also think blocking one of Walters signings is going to increase his chances of playing? doh

No-one could ever claim that Gow is the sharpest tool in the box! :rolleyes:

This is what im thinking, Lafferty plays his best stuff for NI, thats no secret, Burnley were his first club (besides a loan deal), he's still very young and a move to Rangers could very well bring out the best in him, he's hardly been in the game long, give the boy time to find his feet and he'll come good, I dont doubt it for a second, happy to have him.