Madjid Bougherra

sneddon

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Magic is class! Confident on the ball and comands the box. He will be a quality player for you. Imagine Vidic but a little bit lesser scale and you have Magic Bougherra

taken off another forum.

4. £2.5M for a Charlton player FFS. Why oh why do we keep paying overinflated prices for sub-standard lower league trash.

I think we may have got a bargain on this occasion, TB. Alot of the Charlton fans are up in arms about him going for such a "small fee". They value him at aroung £5 Million so this may be a good bit of business for a change.

good luck to magic...if this signing has been in the pipeline for 3 weeks, why were coisty and durranaty over in portugal watching loovens ? hope magic leaves his studs in scott mcdonalds shins !

you cant put all your eggs in one basket mate, would be foolish to assume minty would just dole out whatever charlton and Majiid were asking for

still need a RB, CM and winger desperatly

hopefully Beasley will solve that, providing he stays injury free

Beasley is still out for quite a while and we definitely need more than just one decent winger. Along with an attack-minded CM, getting a winger in should be a priority.

Is there no news on Adam Johnson? I though 'Boro were letting him come on loan.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11680_3890736,00.html

He doesn't want a loan deal. He wants a permanent deal somewhere.

still need a RB, CM and winger desperatly

hopefully Beasley will solve that, providing he stays injury free

Aye but then we'd have 1 good winger. Burke isn't good anymore.

some might say he was never a winger anyway, he was always a waste of space IMO

I think we may have got a bargain on this occasion, TB. Alot of the Charlton fans are up in arms about him going for such a "small fee". They value him at aroung £5 Million so this may be a good bit of business for a change.

But the overinflated egos and market down in lower league footy in England value players differently to the real world. The same quality player in the second tier of Spanish or Italian or german football would probably not exceed £1M, although with add-ons in case he turns into something good. This guy is not a fresh faced newcomer, he is a journeyman pro who has been in lower league all his life, from what I can see. Hence my guess that it is far too much money for a position we dont need covered, just like the other 3 signings we have made this summer.

Finally i signing i am truly content with. Bougherra is a very good defender and is not scared to get the ball down run with it either. A perfect match for Cuellar. But there are a couple of questions that now come up with this signing.

1) Why give Andy Webster a contract and then go out and buy another CH? Has the manager made the mistake of giving him a contract before realising he just won't do or was Webster only ever signed as a back-up?

2) Davie Weir has just been named Captain in the absence of Ferguson, this surely suggests that he will play most games. I don't see a new £2.5 million signing being behind Weir in the pecking order so what will happen with the Captaincy?

3) There is of course another, all the more frightening scenario: Cuellar is heading for the door. I know it sounds terrifying but maybe Bougherra is Cuellar's replcement, not partner. That would explain why Weir is Captain. I bloody well hope not.

hopefully not option 3

4. £2.5M for a Charlton player FFS. Why oh why do we keep paying overinflated prices for sub-standard lower league trash.

he did cost charlton 2.5 million so....in some ways its kinda a cheap signing if you know what i mean.....i think ive confused myself.... <cr>

he did cost charlton 2.5 million so....in some ways its kinda a cheap signing if you know what i mean.....i think ive confused myself.... <cr>

(tu) Charlton only broke even with the signing, a loss if you count wages.

you cant put all your eggs in one basket mate, would be foolish to assume minty would just dole out whatever charlton and Majiid were asking for

i know what your saying, but "tight pockets' money" is being spent by ally, durranty and ewan chester flying round the world staying in the best hotels. that dosh would be better spent by adding it to the offer to fulham to ensure we get steve davis.

p.s loving that clip of that boy falling over in his slippers...genius !!

Just got home and seen this signing on SSN and come on here to find out about him, and there is already a 4 pager!!

Dont know anything about the guy but a few things immediately come to mind.

1. Algerian. generally disappear for 2 months in the winter to play elephant footy in Africa.

2. Another Centre Half. To add to Cuellar, Weir, Webster, Broadfoot, Papac, Hemdani, Dailly. Surely the clearest indication that Cuellar is paying for all our summer transfers this year.

3. Or a defensive midfield player. Like we really need another one like that after Dailly, Hemdani, Thomson, even Ferguson.

Welcome to Rangers Madjid!!!

I take it the glass is half empty mate? :rolleyes:

1. The next African Nations tournament isnt for a while yet and even then, Algeria might not even get there.

2. Hemdani, Papac and Dailly are not centre half's and Weir, Webster and Broadfoot simply arent good enough to be week in week out picks. Weir has especially shown his age recently.

3. I would be surprised if he was deployed there. Even if he was, there are doubts over Hemdani's future and he'd certainly be an improvement on Dailly.

4. I'd say thats an excellent price considering some of the prices that Championship players go for. Chopra for £5 million? Davies for £10 million? £2.5 million for one of the best centre halfs in the Championship is a fine deal.

given the usual price hike on these players playing in england (look at cardiff wanting £3M for a player nearly out of contract) and just the general over hyped english market, weve done pretty well to get him at this price i reckon

he covers the ground pretty well, so if he did play the DM role, he would almost be as effective as that Morgaro gomis player is for Dundee UTd

Weir was no doubt given the captaincy because Thomson picked up too many suspensions and Cuellar was injured at the time.

I don't think we should be reading too much into that.

WS said in an interview that Weir was captain but might not play all the time , if he brought someone in

4. I'd say thats an excellent price considering some of the prices that Championship players go for. Chopra for £5 million? Davies for £10 million? £2.5 million for one of the best centre halfs in the Championship is a fine deal.

That's all that needs said on the matter IMO.

I want to be optimistic that we've actually signed someone , but the questions now about Cuellar's future are troubling . Although there was an article about him wanting to stay recently ?

Watching that video, he has more skill and creativity than anyone in our team. Wouldn't suprise me if our manager played him in midfield?