Why have we all turned our back on fergie?

Gaitens08

Why have we all turn our back on fergie? He was having his best ever season in a rangers jersey until he got injured, he was running games then when his ankle injury happend he played through pain for the club.

Really? Even better than he was in the treble season in 02-03?

I dont think anyone's really turned on Ferguson. The support has always been split with him and theres not much to talk about considering he's out injured for 3 months.

02-03 or the Advocaat years. I was watching matches from 99-00 and we were brilliant. Ferguson dominating midfield with Reyna, GVB and Albertz.

02/03 for me, the link up play between Ferguson, Arteta and de Boer is something we can only dream about now.

(tu):anguish:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt

He might be finished, but if he is it is because he has put his body through the wringer for the club and played through injuries when he needent have.

I have never turned my back on Barry, people can say what they want but he's still our most important player and still the best footballer we have at the moment. You just have to look at how we play without him, if we had had him against Kaunas we wouldn't be out IMO.

Of course he's not as good as he was at 25-27 but that's normal.

I will get Ferguson 6 printed on my away top when it's out, can't wait 'til he's back.

:rangers:

02-03 or the Advocaat years. I was watching matches from 99-00 and we were brilliant. Ferguson dominating midfield with Reyna, GVB and Albertz.

I suspect he'd look a lot better these days with players like that round him.......

But at 30, and having had loads of injuries/ injections/ playing through pain for a few years now we have to be planning for his replacement.

Personally I think Charlie Adam is the man.

Believe that if you like

I suspect he'd look a lot better these days with players like that round him.......

But at 30, and having had loads of injuries/ injections/ playing through pain for a few years now we have to be planning for his replacement.

Believe that if you like

Deffo missing him,Dunno what the problem with Adam is,he started well and has sorta faded a bit,

i dare say the boos wont do much for his confidence

How old was Souness when he came & started bossing our midfield? when he wasnt getting sent off that is.

I am not comparing the two, but several midfielders have gone onto careers well into their late 30's at the highest level of football.

I am a fergie fan and I know the boy always gives his best , but I have to say that I feel some of the rot was set when the club back him over PLG not because PLG was mr woderful ( although to be fair was he given the chance ) but because I beleive it may well ahve been tha foundation stone for the attitude of our current crpo bar a couple .

An attitude that seems to smack of ....so long as I get my wages ............

Thoughts guys

I am a fergie fan and I know the boy always gives his best , but I have to say that I feel some of the rot was set when the club back him over PLG not because PLG was mr woderful ( although to be fair was he given the chance ) but because I beleive it may well ahve been tha foundation stone for the attitude of our current crpo bar a couple .

Thoughts guys

Thoughts guys

Thoughts guys

Believe that if you like

He has always played his best in a quality team. I think Davis is his replacement.

I don't believe you about Charlie Adam though.

I'm gonna stick my neck out in this one and take off the blue tinted specs...

Ferguson is a passenger more than an asset to our team.

Right before i get the timposter alert replies :craphead: please read on

Last season our midfield was largely absent, with or without Barry. Yes he was carrying an injury, but surely instead of provoking it he should have got the op done to make sure he would have a good few more years ahead of him. I don't fall for all this playing through the pain barrier pish, i know he loves the club, but surely then he should see that we need him more in the next few seasons than we did last.

Barry as a leader of the team i also do not agree with. He represents the Rangers of the last 8 years, where we have been dominated by the scum. I am not discrediting the man because he is a legend, but i believe we could help midfielders such as Thommo by letting them step out of his shadow. Barry rarely led last season, he passed the ball back to the back four more than i can count. He occasionaly puts on a big performance, but how many times was he missing (like carthorse)?

I believe people are thinking barry coming back will make us a whole new team. It won't, he is another player with no flair who contributes to our stagnating midfield. Another player who the whole "better thought of when injured" theory applies. I can remember lots of members slating him last season consistently, and rightfully so. Where are they now?

Last season our midfield was largely absent, with or without Barry. Yes he was carrying an injury, but surely instead of provoking it he should have got the op done to make sure he would have a good few more years ahead of him. I don't fall for all this playing through the pain barrier pish, i know he loves the club, but surely then he should see that we need him more in the next few seasons than we did last.

Barry as a leader of the team i also do not agree with. He represents the Rangers of the last 8 years, where we have been dominated by the scum. I am not discrediting the man because he is a legend, but i believe we could help midfielders such as Thommo by letting them step out of his shadow. Barry rarely led last season, he passed the ball back to the back four more than i can count. He occasionaly puts on a big performance, but how many times was he missing (like carthorse)?

I believe people are thinking barry coming back will make us a whole new team. It won't, he is another player with no flair who contributes to our stagnating midfield. Another player who the whole "better thought of when injured" theory applies. I can remember lots of members slating him last season consistently, and rightfully so. Where are they now?

:gallows:

Right before i get the timposter alert replies please read on

:bullshit:

i agree with plymouth. Barry Ferguson hasn't had a good game since he left us to go to Blackburn. He isnt anything better than kevin thompson, only difference is he moans more and is a wee bit more solid. Apart from that his passing is abysmal, he cant create and he has no pace. barry ferguson is half the player he was before he left for blackburn.

Saying that, depressingly he is the best we have at this current time and I would still put him in the team for that reason and that reason only

There are moments of class which seperate him from the rest and thats why we need him. I feel carrying his injury really affected his performances for around 4months last term and it thus hindered the team also. Hopefully he will be back and better than ever....one can only hope.

I just thought of, what if Scotland did qualify for the Euro's? Would Barry have bitten the bullet and got the surgery when he should have in the first place or still played through the pain barrier until the end of the season and jeapordise his chances of playing over in Austria/Switzerland....something to think about!

Good Post Mate Thats a Good Point He Was Never The Attckin Kind What We Excatly Need

He's finished!

Yeah! right Muff,if you say so. doh

Constant injuries and loss of form. When was the last time he went through a season without injuries that affected his performance? It's no use him or us having to have tidy up operations every pre-season and take cortizon(sp)injections.

When was the last time he performed consistantly?

I love Barry Ferguson but sadly he is coming to the end of his career.