The signing of Davis is not an issue of transfer fee !

BLUEDIGNITY

It really seams like davis is very much money oriented,hopefully not. :(

IN what way?

This has nothing to do with his wage packet.

Prob fulham wanting some sort of payout or something.

Some sort of payout ? As I was saying,money oriented. :craphead:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do we really need davis now if that ozzie guy signs cause as soon as captian superstar is fit u no hel just walk back into the team where are all these center mids gonna play

It's not likely that Bresciano will sign.

If the problem is between Davis and Fulham, I think it is probably a good guess to believe that Davis is holding out for a pay-off from Fulham as he is being sold without putting in a transfer request.

It is fairly normal (outrageous if you ask me) for a player to have a loyalty bonus written into their contract, and if they stay for the length of the contract they get a bonus. If the player is sold without asking to go, they always ask for their loyalty bonus because it was not their fault they did not complete the contract. I am guessing Fulham are trying to get out of paying the bonus to a player who made it fairly clear he wanted to go, but fell short of putting it in writing. The player then also wants a singing-on bonus from the club he goes to join, and the agent wants a cut of both bonuses.

Not having a go at Davis in particular here, but the whole system stinks if you ask me, and we the punters end up paying for it all.

Cheers, good post.

Davis doesn't strike me as a money-grabber and this will be quite standard. It's most likely fuelled by the agent.

I can see this falling through totally if it's not done by say...lunchtime on Friday.

Eveningtimes:

And Rangers are also set to complete the signing of Steve Davis on Thursday after the midfielder takes part in Northern Ireland's friendly game with Scotland tomorrow night.

Davis still has a couple of financial issues to settle with Fulham.

But he has everything agreed with Rangers and should complete formalities in time to be in the squad for Saturday's trip to Aberdeen, with the Ibrox club hopeful Edu's paperwork will be stamped in time for him to also travel to the Granite City.

I can see this falling through totally if it's not done by say...lunchtime on Friday.

Eveningtimes:

And Rangers are also set to complete the signing of Steve Davis on Thursday after the midfielder takes part in Northern Ireland's friendly game with Scotland tomorrow night.

Davis still has a couple of financial issues to settle with Fulham.

But he has everything agreed with Rangers and should complete formalities in time to be in the squad for Saturday's trip to Aberdeen, with the Ibrox club hopeful Edu's paperwork will be stamped in time for him to also travel to the Granite City.

I wouldn't take the Evening Times as gospel.

They have been quite accurate this week though.

If the problem is between Davis and Fulham, I think it is probably a good guess to believe that Davis is holding out for a pay-off from Fulham as he is being sold without putting in a transfer request.

It is fairly normal (outrageous if you ask me) for a player to have a loyalty bonus written into their contract, and if they stay for the length of the contract they get a bonus. If the player is sold without asking to go, they always ask for their loyalty bonus because it was not their fault they did not complete the contract. I am guessing Fulham are trying to get out of paying the bonus to a player who made it fairly clear he wanted to go, but fell short of putting it in writing. The player then also wants a singing-on bonus from the club he goes to join, and the agent wants a cut of both bonuses.

Not having a go at Davis in particular here, but the whole system stinks if you ask me, and we the punters end up paying for it all.

Cheers, good post.

Davis doesn't strike me as a money-grabber and this will be quite standard. It's most likely fuelled by the agent.

It will certainly be fuelled by the agent, but the player (any player, not Davis particularly) is not going to turn it down if their agent tells them they can get it.

It really seams like davis is very much money oriented,hopefully not. :(

IN what way?

This has nothing to do with his wage packet.

Prob fulham wanting some sort of payout or something.

Some sort of payout ? As I was saying,money oriented. :craphead:

Prob fulham wanting some sort of payout

I said Fulham.

It really seams like davis is very much money oriented

You said Davis.

Well rumor from a fulham web site is that....

It is rumoured to be a disagreement over payments to Davis which he believes he is due as he did not formally ask for a transfer.

http://www.fulhamweb.com/-7822-/Premiershi...avis_steven.htm

Looks like you were right PB.

Must be the cut from the transfer fee they're on about.

Its simply this: Davis has a agreed a deal with rangers and fulham have agreed a deal with Rangers. However as he has a contract with fulham outstanding with bonus's etc and he is taking a wage drop to join us, he expects a sweetner from Fulham. This norm for most players when they leave a club, that they get a percentage from the club they leave and a signing on fee from the club they are joining. Generally the more the club want rid, the more they give them to go. It was similar with hutton last year.

Its nothing to worry about as Fulham want him to go as they have plans for the money already..............i believe Dickson Etuhu is whom fulham want to use the money for.......................ironically somebody we were looking at.

i like this from the fulhamweb.com

"Both parties were desperately trying to resolve the problem on Tuesday, with Smith looking on anxiously after earmarking the 23-year old's poise and workrate as the qualities needed to help Rangers recover from a stuttering start to the season."

where and when was he looking anxious????? More bullshit

I expect to see him in a Rangers jersey come Saturday.

Fuck Fulham Davis. Your on the verge of joining your boyhood hero's!

Amazing how many of our signings are boyhood Rangers fans eh?

Steve Davis' proposed £3million move to Rangers is in danger of falling through, following a snag over personal terms.

The Northern Ireland midfielder was all set to complete a permanent switch to Ibrox, after making 12 appearances on loan for Walter Smith's side last season, following agreement between the clubs on a fee.

But the deal stalled over a financial hitch which is believed to be between Davis and Fulham.

Both parties were desperately trying to resolve the problem on Tuesday, with Smith looking on anxiously after earmarking the 23-year old's poise and workrate as the qualities needed to help Rangers recover from a stuttering start to the season.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...e.html?ITO=1490

Thoughts