Tartan sectarian army now officially Scotlands shame

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read through the thread very carefully.

The Tartan Army (or Scotland support), like our own supporters, are made up of many parts. I happen to be part of both, as were ultmately the founders of our club (of which I am extremely proud). However both the Scotland support and the Rangers support have an element I wish would simply feck off and take their bile elsewhere.

The Scotland support have a tremendous reputation (partly because so many are bears), and to use last nights pantomime booing to generalise is just daft.

If national anthems were played at club matches in Europe you would get exactly the same response to the Republic of Ireland anthem if it was played at Ibrox (more so). Even though it was only for the club it would get booed. I mean ffs Rangers fans boo Flower of Scotland when the sheep sing it. I don't see anyone getting their pants in a twist over that.

The faux moral indignation over last night is absolutly hilarious - but buy into it if you want.

Yet you are still arguing with me on where the debate lies? I couldn't give a shit about the booing to be honest, though I'll concede it's in poor taste, but that for me is what makes our game unique among so many other sports. Football belongs to the working classes and is a release mechanism for us, we group together to unleash hatred on another group.

The pseudo indignation is IMO quite laughable but not unexpected when we live in a country where behavior at a football ground is held up as a barometer of social morality.

What I'm digging at is the double standards aimed towards Rangers as a club. The same pundits who unleashed their full moral outrage at the Rangers support are just as quick and passionate to excuse their fellow Scots. Do we have a line? Or are we an unmoving target that's easy to pick off?

Given that the largest club representation comes from Rangers - and that's not in doubt. I would think a few people on here could get a grip with their generalisations about the Scotland support. No doubt with the strike on they don't have to be in school tomorrow, but nonetheless could they not go and play on their wee wii's and gie us all peace.

If all the Scotland support are muppets because some booed the Northern Ireland anthem last night, then they should accept, just as easily, that all Rangers fans are guilty of the violence caused in Manchester. Same premis is used by those that seek to use one incident to generalise and tar another set of fans. If you can't see the parallel, well get to your bed, the teachers wiill be back soon and you'll need to do your homework.

I met people at the game last night that booed, I met Scottish guys in Northern Ireland tops who went on about how they didn't feel Scottish (so suddenly their from Ulster) and I met a lot of fans, from more clubs than just Rangers, who were pissed off by the moronic booing of a national anthem. Takes all sorts and there were 'muppets' on both sides.

It would be good if a few people on here actually did their homework and learned that we are a Scottish club, founded by men who represented Scotland at International level. And we are the club that has provided more Scottish Internationals, more Scottish captains, and most certainly more Scottish fans than any other club.

Of course some people prefer to think our clubs history is all about Ulsta :rolleyes:

Great post. Particularly the part about Manchester, comparing the fans. Too many folks with double standards, and pro British pro union agendas that makes them appear anti Scottish.

Just to clarify before the meatheads have a go at me, I did not say too many unionists, too many who are trying to spin and propagate their own countrymen as bigots as if they hold moral superiority.

I read through the thread very carefully.

The Tartan Army (or Scotland support), like our own supporters, are made up of many parts. I happen to be part of both, as were ultmately the founders of our club (of which I am extremely proud). However both the Scotland support and the Rangers support have an element I wish would simply feck off and take their bile elsewhere.

The Scotland support have a tremendous reputation (partly because so many are bears), and to use last nights pantomime booing to generalise is just daft.

If national anthems were played at club matches in Europe you would get exactly the same response to the Republic of Ireland anthem if it was played at Ibrox (more so). Even though it was only for the club it would get booed. I mean ffs Rangers fans boo Flower of Scotland when the sheep sing it. I don't see anyone getting their pants in a twist over that.

The faux moral indignation over last night is absolutly hilarious - but buy into it if you want.

Yet you are still arguing with me on where the debate lies? I couldn't give a shit about the booing to be honest, though I'll concede it's in poor taste, but that for me is what makes our game unique among so many other sports. Football belongs to the working classes and is a release mechanism for us, we group together to unleash hatred on another group.

The pseudo indignation is IMO quite laughable but not unexpected when we live in a country where behavior at a football ground is held up as a barometer of social morality.

What I'm digging at is the double standards aimed towards Rangers as a club. The same pundits who unleashed their full moral outrage at the Rangers support are just as quick and passionate to excuse their fellow Scots. Do we have a line? Or are we an unmoving target that's easy to pick off?

Fair comment

'Her giro' <titters>

D'you imagine she licks the envelopes personally?!?!

She gets the biggest giro in Britain! Civil List my ass!

Does she?

Good luck to her, she at least brings our country an ounce of respect

GET IT FUCKING UP YE, I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE!!!

Tit.

Well I'm sure your Grandfather will be the one of the proudest men in the country with a grandson who detests everything he fought so bravely to preserve.

Or was he too an objector?

Tit.

Well I'm sure your Grandfather will be the one of the proudest men in the country with a grandson who detests everything he fought so bravely to preserve.

Don't forget to call him a boob

Guest Andypendek

One died for freedom of thought, the other was unfit but lost a brother. Keep your opinions on my family inside your own intolerant head, please.

Tit.

Don't forget to call him a boob

I think Bastard in my original post should cover it <_<

One died for freedom of thought, the other was unfit but lost a brother. Keep your opinions on my family inside your own intolerant head, please.

No. I, like every other Briton, has the right to free speech and the right to air my opinion on any matter I see fit. In fact, it's what makes Britain such a special place.

But see if you don't like it, feel free to move out to China where your views on expressing opinions will go down better.

Isn't Nazism a thought? :D

Nah, listen folks.... we shouldn't be bringing any family etc in to this, except the Rangers one

Guest Andypendek

And once again, in a thread about respect, we see how those who shout the loudest are oftentimes the most disrespectful.

And there was me thinking I was being diplomatic for a change :D

You can't be diplomatic with "right wing" Scottish Nationalists.

Therein lies the first lesson of this thread... how can you use diplomacy on a bunch who couldn't even respect one simple anthem for a minute?

Stolen from Wiki so i can't guarantee the accuracy. Civil list donations versus money received by the treasury from the monarchy.

"The Crown Estate is not owned by the monarch personally, but is an inalienable possession of the Crown, and passes from one Sovereign to the next. During modern times, the profits surrendered from the Crown Estate have greatly exceeded the Civil List and Grants-in-Aid provided to the monarch. For example, surplus from the Crown Estate produced approximately £184.8 million for the Treasury during the financial year 2003/04, whereas parliamentary funding for the Monarchy was approximately £36.8 million during the same period. These funds include the Civil List, Annuities, Grants in Aid, and funding paid directly by government departments."

And there was me thinking I was being diplomatic for a change :D

You can't be diplomatic with "right wing" Scottish Nationalists.

Therein lies the first lesson of this thread... how can you use diplomacy on a bunch who couldn't even respect one simple anthem for a minute?

And there goes another crass generalisation.

For those who wish to stand against racism and bigotry as graphically displayed by the racist element within the Scotland support, please email or write to the appropriate body - UEFA/FIFA and also the SFA - requesting sanction. Discrimination and intolerance is wrong !

Thats exactly what Timmy would do.

I didn't see the match as I was out with my (English) girlfriend last night, but I'm raging at what I have read about this incident but we can't care what these arseholes think of Britain and our club (I hear Davis was booed too).

Nationwide they are condemning there pricks, but they do not represent OUR attitude to the UK. We who are proud to be British are the majority both in Scotland and Northern Ireland and we shall always remain remain so.

Forget these sad bastards, they are rotten tim scum.

NO SURRENDER.

Stolen from Wiki so i can't guarantee the accuracy. Civil list donations versus money received by the treasury from the monarchy.

"The Crown Estate is not owned by the monarch personally, but is an inalienable possession of the Crown, and passes from one Sovereign to the next. During modern times, the profits surrendered from the Crown Estate have greatly exceeded the Civil List and Grants-in-Aid provided to the monarch. For example, surplus from the Crown Estate produced approximately £184.8 million for the Treasury during the financial year 2003/04, whereas parliamentary funding for the Monarchy was approximately £36.8 million during the same period. These funds include the Civil List, Annuities, Grants in Aid, and funding paid directly by government departments."

This argument that the Queen sponges of the State is as boring as it is untrue.

And it's deeply saddening that some bears choose to pedal it.

No mention on what the royal family is worth to the economy in tourism etc.

It costs me £0.68 per year? They are most welcome to it.

This argument that the Queen sponges of the State is as boring as it is untrue.

And it's deeply saddening that some bears choose to pedal it.

No mention on what the royal family is worth to the economy in tourism etc.

It costs me £0.68 per year? They are most welcome to it.

That was the main reason i checked Jim, i waas always taught not to believe the bullshit about the monarchy costing us money, revenue from the Crown and tourism far outweighs anything they receive from the Civil list. (tu)