Tartan sectarian army now officially Scotlands shame

BLUEDIGNITY

I don't see why you get upset over someone you do not respect acting like a tit.

If an Arab was burning the Union flag, or booing the anthem, would you feel less British? Would you feel sullied in some way? Would it really, honestly affect you that much?

If someone was burning the saltire it would make me find out why they were doing it. I might then think they were an asshole, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

It's a song, and a bit of coloured fabric. Being naughty to either surely can't change anyone, so why get so bothered?

It matters when you see your fellow countrymen acting in an undignified and utterly pathetic way. It is not an Arab burning a UF, it is a large section of the Tartan Army indiscriminantly booing anything English or related to being English. There was absolutely no need for those brainwashed clowns to boo Northern Ireland's National Anthem (also the UK National Anthem). Same way that there was no need for the same tits to boo the Italian or French National Anthems last season.

As the poster said above, it is a matter of principal. It is about respect. Luckily those people from Ulster who travelled to the match last night know the kind of morons who booed their anthem, simply because alot of them would be clued-up on the downtrodden ways of the Tartan Army. But people watching from abroad last night, or in previous games would just think "Listen to those Scots booing that National Anthem, what a bunch of clowns". Then the stereotyping comes into play meaning that you, i and the entire nation is tarred with the same brush as these half-wits.

It is not just a song, it is THE song which the people of a particular country have chosen to represent them. It is very degrading and offensive for another set of supporters to then demean that song. The ones who did so are the same fans who would shout from the rooftops if anyone had the audacity to return the favour and boo FOS. And for the Rhebel to go out of their way to defend the boo-boys, to the extent of lying to do so, just sums-up perfectly the mentallity of this Nation.

<cr> We didn't boo either of them. We actually clapped the tally anthem towards the end and they responded by clapping our anthem.

Bollocks, even the commentators picked up on it. The booing was clearly audible on TV. I take it seeing as that was the only part of my post you questioned you agree with the rest?

That is a load of pish! You must be mistaken for the Lithuanian game when people sung over their anthem :rolleyes: Certainly no boo's against the Frenchies or the Tallies.

And I did respect their anthem last night and I am not going to get so easily wound up by the people that did boo, if they want to boo the British Anthem then let them look like idiots.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why you get upset over someone you do not respect acting like a tit.

If an Arab was burning the Union flag, or booing the anthem, would you feel less British? Would you feel sullied in some way? Would it really, honestly affect you that much?

If someone was burning the saltire it would make me find out why they were doing it. I might then think they were an asshole, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

It's a song, and a bit of coloured fabric. Being naughty to either surely can't change anyone, so why get so bothered?

It matters when you see your fellow countrymen acting in an undignified and utterly pathetic way. It is not an Arab burning a UF, it is a large section of the Tartan Army indiscriminantly booing anything English or related to being English. There was absolutely no need for those brainwashed clowns to boo Northern Ireland's National Anthem (also the UK National Anthem). Same way that there was no need for the same tits to boo the Italian or French National Anthems last season.

As the poster said above, it is a matter of principal. It is about respect. Luckily those people from Ulster who travelled to the match last night know the kind of morons who booed their anthem, simply because alot of them would be clued-up on the downtrodden ways of the Tartan Army. But people watching from abroad last night, or in previous games would just think "Listen to those Scots booing that National Anthem, what a bunch of clowns". Then the stereotyping comes into play meaning that you, i and the entire nation is tarred with the same brush as these half-wits.

It is not just a song, it is THE song which the people of a particular country have chosen to represent them. It is very degrading and offensive for another set of supporters to then demean that song. The ones who did so are the same fans who would shout from the rooftops if anyone had the audacity to return the favour and boo FOS. And for the Rhebel to go out of their way to defend the boo-boys, to the extent of lying to do so, just sums-up perfectly the mentallity of this Nation.

<cr> We didn't boo either of them. We actually clapped the tally anthem towards the end and they responded by clapping our anthem.

Bollocks, even the commentators picked up on it. The booing was clearly audible on TV. I take it seeing as that was the only part of my post you questioned you agree with the rest?

That is a load of pish! You must be mistaken for the Lithuanian game when people sung over their anthem :rolleyes: Certainly no boo's against the Frenchies or the Tallies.

And I did respect their anthem last night and I am not going to get so easily wound up by the people that did boo, if they want to boo the British Anthem then let them look like idiots.

I can assure you i am not in the habit of talking pish, i see no point in it. What i heard on tv was clearly audible booing in both games. I was not aware of the Lithuania game but thank you for bringing that to my attention, that is yet another chapter of shame for the TA then.

Your kind of attitude is sadly representative of most right-minded Scotland supporters. They don't agree with booing another nation's anthem but they don't care if others do. Are you aware that whether you booed it or not you will be tarred with the same brush as the ones who did? Are you happy with that?

I can tell you are a big Scotland fan, as am i. I love my country as much as the next person but i don't want idiots who attach themselves to the Scotland National Team for reasons other than football to ruin the reputation of the Scottish people as a whole.

You know the type, ones who simply turn up to the games, spout their anti-English, anti-Monarch and anti-British drivel and then go home without really caring about how the team did on the pitch. We are supposd to be a developed nation but with backward attitudes like this there is no bloody hope for the Tartan Army.

this snp mob are as much to blame with all their anti english pish.

We are all gonna get tarred with the same brush because of these cunts, these bheggars should be told in no uncertain terms they are not wanted at Hampden supporting Scotland and you're right that snp mob need one heavy duty kick in the fanny ! :sherlock:

Booing any anthem is wrong but I'm not going to jump on my high horse about it as we're a club who has been fined and warned regarding offensive/sectarian songs and had a long history of not signing someone because of their religion. So before we heartily fire into others perhaps some inward reflection would be wise.

Northern Irish FA demand action after Tartan Army embarass the Nation ! :unionflag: :sherlock:

Close parts of Hampden and do not take up ticket allocations for away games. It's the only way to deal with the FTQ brigade. Oh, a healthy fine wouldn't go amiss either.

Booing any anthem is wrong but I'm not going to jump on my high horse about it as we're a club who has been fined and warned regarding offensive/sectarian songs and had a long history of not signing someone because of their religion. So before we heartily fire into others perhaps some inward reflection would be wise.

are you for real.

:rolleyes: Are you on Liewell's payroll? I don't know how many times this "sectarian signing policy" myth has been blown out of the water yet some still believe it.

Scotland fans are wallopers and that includes any who are on here

I presume you don't mean ALL Scotland fans, just the ones who were booing? I, myself am a Scotland fan, being Scottish and all.

Did you boo GSTQ and if not what did you do about the ones who did boo

I presume you don't mean ALL Scotland fans, just the ones who were booing? I, myself am a Scotland fan, being Scottish and all.

Bearing in mind i was watching on tv, not a hell of alot. If you had read my posts in this thread you would know what my oppinion is.

This has got to be a fcukin wind up ? :sherlock:

I smell a rhat, go home ya jacobite filth :rangers:

Bearing in mind i was watching on tv, not a hell of alot. If you had read my posts in this thread you would know what my oppinion is.

My opinion on Scotland fans will never change I think most members have put the case across, they are wallopers and behave and dress like wallopers

are you for real.

Are you on board the offended bus?

:rolleyes: Are you on Liewell's payroll? I don't know how many times this "sectarian signing policy" myth has been blown out of the water yet some still believe it.

IT was the great taboo Graeme Souness vowed to smash when he walked into Ibrox.

For decades, Rangers had refused to sign high-profile Catholic players, but it was a policy the club knew they could no longer condone.

Souness joined Rangers as player-boss in April 1986 and immediately spoke of his intention to dismantle a policy that had earned the club widespread criticism from all but their most hard-core support.

He eventually succeeded in July 1989, when Mo Johnston joined the club.

But Terry Butcher has told how Souness wanted his new skipper from Ipswich Town - his first major signing - to be Catholic.

However, the manager was kept in the dark for weeks as Butch refused to reveal his Church of England background.

Tel reveals all in his new book, Butcher: My Autobiography, being serialised in the Record and our sister paper, The SundayMail.

He said: "At the time, it was a very strong principle that Rangers did not sign Catholics, but Graeme Souness was no fool and particularly anxious to break the mould.

http://www.&lt;No links to this website&gt;/news/tm_objec...-name_page.html