Tartan sectarian army now officially Scotlands shame

BLUEDIGNITY

Booing any anthem is wrong but I'm not going to jump on my high horse about it as we're a club who has been fined and warned regarding offensive/sectarian songs and had a long history of not signing someone because of their religion. So before we heartily fire into others perhaps some inward reflection would be wise.

are you for real.

Are you on board the offended bus?

Booing any anthem is wrong but I'm not going to jump on my high horse about it as we're a club who has been fined and warned regarding offensive/sectarian songs and had a long history of not signing someone because of their religion. So before we heartily fire into others perhaps some inward reflection would be wise.

:rolleyes: Are you on Liewell's payroll? I don't know how many times this "sectarian signing policy" myth has been blown out of the water yet some still believe it.

IT was the great taboo Graeme Souness vowed to smash when he walked into Ibrox.

For decades, Rangers had refused to sign high-profile Catholic players, but it was a policy the club knew they could no longer condone.

Souness joined Rangers as player-boss in April 1986 and immediately spoke of his intention to dismantle a policy that had earned the club widespread criticism from all but their most hard-core support.

He eventually succeeded in July 1989, when Mo Johnston joined the club.

But Terry Butcher has told how Souness wanted his new skipper from Ipswich Town - his first major signing - to be Catholic.

However, the manager was kept in the dark for weeks as Butch refused to reveal his Church of England background.

Tel reveals all in his new book, Butcher: My Autobiography, being serialised in the Record and our sister paper, The SundayMail.

He said: "At the time, it was a very strong principle that Rangers did not sign Catholics, but Graeme Souness was no fool and particularly anxious to break the mould.

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/tm_objec...-name_page.html

And the papers are of course correct all of the time aren't they? There were many Catholic players signed for Rangers before Mo Johntone, that has been proven and is irrefutable. You are simply being an apolagist and trying to justify the ills of other supporters by bringing up our own. The media and our haters absolutely love fans like you.

The fact of the matter is that Rangers have absolutely nothing to do with how some idiots act within the Tartan Army. In recent years Rangers and us supporters have been highly admirable in our efforts to rid our support of sectarianism, and to a large extent we have succeeded. But lets not look at the rabid sectarian industry still operating within the Celtic fanbase, lets not talk about how disrespectful and demeaning the Tartan Army are towards other nations, lets instead slag our own supporters for reasons which are either in the past or downright lies.

Get a grip of yourself ffs.

He's another jungle or jhourno or both is jakey boy don't take the bait ! ;):sherlock:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you for real.

Are you on board the offended bus?

:rolleyes: Are you on Liewell's payroll? I don't know how many times this "sectarian signing policy" myth has been blown out of the water yet some still believe it.

IT was the great taboo Graeme Souness vowed to smash when he walked into Ibrox.

For decades, Rangers had refused to sign high-profile Catholic players, but it was a policy the club knew they could no longer condone.

Souness joined Rangers as player-boss in April 1986 and immediately spoke of his intention to dismantle a policy that had earned the club widespread criticism from all but their most hard-core support.

He eventually succeeded in July 1989, when Mo Johnston joined the club.

But Terry Butcher has told how Souness wanted his new skipper from Ipswich Town - his first major signing - to be Catholic.

However, the manager was kept in the dark for weeks as Butch refused to reveal his Church of England background.

Tel reveals all in his new book, Butcher: My Autobiography, being serialised in the Record and our sister paper, The SundayMail.

He said: "At the time, it was a very strong principle that Rangers did not sign Catholics, but Graeme Souness was no fool and particularly anxious to break the mould.

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/tm_objec...-name_page.html

And the papers are of course correct all of the time aren't they? There were many Catholic players signed for Rangers before Mo Johntone, that has been proven and is irrefutable. You are simply being an apolagist and trying to justify the ills of other supporters by bringing up our own. The media and our haters absolutely love fans like you.

The fact of the matter is that Rangers have absolutely nothing to do with how some idiots act within the Tartan Army. In recent years Rangers and us supporters have been highly admirable in our efforts to rid our support of sectarianism, and to a large extent we have succeeded. But lets not look at the rabid sectarian industry still operating within the Celtic fanbase, lets not talk about how disrespectful and demeaning the Tartan Army are towards other nations, lets instead slag our own supporters for reasons which are either in the past or downright lies.

Get a grip of yourself ffs.

I agree with that and it deserves recognition, however since you accept we've 'been there' should we really be hammering into anyone else who's at it? Should we get on our high horse? That was the point of my comment.

Certainly it's worth commenting on and emails and letters should be fired off to the usual suspects in the media pointing out there is no difference between what sections of the TA are doing and what Rangers fans were pilloried for and highlighting the different approach of the media in covering it.

Now is the time to put these people on the spot.

I think you have answered your question mate. Yes, we should be getting on our high horse given the level of pressure our support was put under to eradicate bigotry from our ranks. As such we should be shouting from the rooftops everytime another set of supporters are shown up for similar bigotry and then either ignored or defended by the media.

You are right, the Tartan Army MUST be held accountable for last night's debacle because if they aren't then change will not occur, they will continue to spout anti-English nonsense without fear of being taken to task.

My thought, really, is that Scottish society is filled with uneducated pricks that don't know or give a fuck about anything other than where they can get their next bottle of booze.

And those are just the ones in power. (tu)

Listen to this idiot on the radio. Saying his is a tim and saying people are sectarian for booing the tics in the team last night. It isn't the fucking anthem. Makes me sick.

My thought, really, is that Scottish society is filled with uneducated pricks that don't know or give a fuck about anything other than where they can get their next bottle of booze.

That's what you get when you have government after government who uphold sectarian schools.

It was wrong, end of.

And anyone questioning people for jumping on the offended bus should stop to think as to why exactly the media are doing back flips to justify it or excuse it. This same media pounce with sharpened claws, knives & teeth to tear our support to pieces whenever we sing/display anything even remotely religious/political. Its double standards and isn't acceptable, we are being condemned as bigots for simply hating our rivals but the Tartan army receive nothing but praise for their arguably racist hatred of the English.

Leckie is a prime candidate for the modern Scot. Constantly belittling the Rangers support as petty but when it comes to the TA he sees nothing but a group of passionate football supporters with a healthy hatred for their rivals, something he shares unequivocally.

The hypocrisy that flows from the neonationalists in this country over how to behave at a football ground is astonishing. Up to about a year a go I attended almost every match at Hampden I could afford. The anti Rangers sentiments have multiplied in recent years and sadly it has put me in a position where I refuse to go and support my national team. Let's not kid ourselves on here, the booing wasn't just anti English bile - it was aimed at our club. The booing of Davis when on the ball proves that.

Rangers = Bad - Celtic (plastic paddies) & Scotland = Good <cr> . We got ourselves in to this position by not defending our traditions. David Murray can take the lions share of the blame for that in my opinion, but we fans too need to question how we let it happen. Celtic Minded came out in 1999 I believe just as the debate on sectarianism took off, from the outset their support clearly set out who they were and what they will continue to stand for. They united as one force and the press knew not to attack them as aggressively as they could us.

Police across the country now confiscate the red hand of Ulster flags as sectarian, without reprisals, that's how successful the campaign to demonize us has become. Even though thousands of Ulster men and woman travel over the water to mingle with family and friends in Scotland to see the Rangers. The supporters of Rangers aren't even allowed to celebrate that fact by brandishing their national flag. Ridiculous

We are on our knees, it's time to get up and fight! Every Rangers hater in the land, and let them know that we will no longer tolerate this calculated and hate driven campaign to rid of us of our existence.

I am glad i left Scotland years ago it's fucked, councils, media and government riddled with tims.

Don't take this statement the wrong way i still love my country and i hope one day i will move back but no chance any time soon with the way things are going with anti English pish which is worse than ever, I wouldn't subject my English mrs or kids to it.

tbh i don't think many of the tims support Scotland unless we are playing NI i think most of them are still creaming over their homeland who actually think they are all jakey tramps and want nothing to do with them No unlike years ago when lots of gers followed Scotland everywhere the tartan army is now well and truly full of sheep shaggers and other bitter Scots with a chip on their shoulder about England but it's their own country that fucks them over most of the time.

Near a big clear out in the civil service, media and government or a civil war.

Listen to this idiot on the radio. Saying his is a tim and saying people are sectarian for booing the tics in the team last night. It isn't the fucking anthem. Makes me sick.

And you can rest assured that such an oppinion will be accepted. Yet if someone were to come on and criticise the booing of the National Anthem last night they would be given the third degree and told "it's just banter" or "the Tartan Army are fantastic".

That is what we are up against, at least you guys over the ocean don't have it shoved down your throats on a dailly basis. You can turn your radio off mate, we need to listen to this nonsense regardless.

Went to most of the home games in the last qualifiers but after the treatment we got off the SFA and the SPL over fixtures at the end of last season, I vowed never to go back until there has been changes.

Looks like last night justified my decision. Tartan Army have always been infested with an element of scum but they will get found out one day.

And you can rest assured that such an oppinion will be accepted. Yet if someone were to come on and criticise the booing of the National Anthem last night they would be given the third degree and told "it's just banter" or "the Tartan Army are fantastic".

That is what we are up against, at least you guys over the ocean don't have it shoved down your throats on a dailly basis. You can turn your radio off mate, we need to listen to this nonsense regardless.

Then that is a failure of your elected officials to do anything important. What a fucking mess. There should have been no compromise with the anthem. You should have always had GSTQ...

It was wrong, end of.

And anyone questioning people for jumping on the offended bus should stop to think as to why exactly the media are doing back flips to justify it or excuse it. This same media pounce with sharpened claws, knives & teeth to tear our support to pieces whenever we sing/display anything even remotely religious/political. Its double standards and isn't acceptable, we are being condemned as bigots for simply hating our rivals but the Tartan army receive nothing but praise for their arguably racist hatred of the English.

Leckie is a prime candidate for the modern Scot. Constantly belittling the Rangers support as petty but when it comes to the TA he sees nothing but a group of passionate football supporters with a healthy hatred for their rivals, something he shares unequivocally.

The hypocrisy that flows from the neonationalists in this country over how to behave at a football ground is astonishing. Up to about a year a go I attended almost every match at Hampden I could afford. The anti Rangers sentiments have multiplied in recent years and sadly it has put me in a position where I refuse to go and support my national team. Let's not kid ourselves on here, the booing wasn't just anti English bile - it was aimed at our club. The booing of Davis when on the ball proves that.

Rangers = Bad - Celtic (plastic paddies) & Scotland = Good <cr> . We got ourselves in to this position by not defending our traditions. David Murray can take the lions share of the blame for that in my opinion, but we fans too need to question how we let it happen. Celtic Minded came out in 1999 I believe just as the debate on sectarianism took off, from the outset their support clearly set out who they were and what they will continue to stand for. They united as one force and the press knew not to attack them as aggressively as they could us.

Police across the country now confiscate the red hand of Ulster flags as sectarian, without reprisals, that's how successful the campaign to demonize us has become. Even though thousands of Ulster men and woman travel over the water to mingle with family and friends in Scotland to see the Rangers. The supporters of Rangers aren't even allowed to celebrate that fact by brandishing their national flag. Ridiculous

We are on our knees, it's time to get up and fight! Every Rangers hater in the land, and let them know that we will no longer tolerate this calculated and hate driven campaign to rid of us of our existence.

Great post Jim, sums the situation up perfectly.

It really is depressing for right-minded individuals who have principals of respect and dignity. It is called common decency and this country lacks in it.

What a fuss over nothing! The fake indignation on this board is astonishing.

Most people in Scotland feel Scottish rather than British. They associate GSTQ with England who are our biggest footballing rivals and I'm not surprised it was booed (although I wouldn't have done it myself).

It's only really Rangers fans and eighty year-old women who feel any affinity with the Royal family and Britain these days (and that's probably something to do with the problems in Ulster). It is us who are in the minority these days. Although I'm not really a nationalist, it's fairly clear that Scottish independence in inevitable. It'll be interesting to see how some of our support will react to that.

Then that is a failure of your elected officials to do anything important. What a fucking mess. There should have been no compromise with the anthem. You should have always had GSTQ...

To be honest i don't think GSTQ should be our football team's National Anthem. I believe that it should be reserved for the occasions when the United Kingdom come together such as the Olympics. But that is another debate.

The elected officials in this country often represent the views of a minority due to the existence of real political ignorance and apathy amongst the general population. People with an agenda can get into power by pandering to a minority because the majority don't care enough. The current situation is more a fault of the people who allow cretins such as George Galloway and the like into power. Politicians who only care about their own egos and hold far too many prejudices to represent the majority.

Most people in Scotland feel Scottish rather than British. They associate GSTQ with England who are our biggest footballing rivals and I'm not surprised it was booed (although I wouldn't have done it myself).

It's only really Rangers fans and eighty year-old women who feel any affinity with the Royal family and Britain these days (and that's probably something to do with the problems in Ulster). It is us who are in the minority these days. Although I'm not really a nationalist, it's fairly clear that Scottish independence in inevitable. It'll be interesting to see how some of our support will react to that.

Scottish independence will mark the end of your country as being even remotely important in the world.

People the only way to get over this is to not give a fuck no more, bout anything, from now on sing our national anthem, billy boys etc etc, wave our flags, fuck what anybody says, be so proud to be Rangers and British, ram it all down their throats, they dont seem to care when the shoe is on the other foot, lets be what we are WATP

:unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:

:rangers::rangers:

To be honest i don't think GSTQ should be our football team's National Anthem. I believe that it should be reserved for the occasions when the United Kingdom come together such as the Olympics. But that is another debate.

The elected officials in this country often represent the views of a minority due to the existence of real political ignorance and apathy amongst the general population. People with an agenda can get into power by pandering to a minority because the majority don't care enough. The current situation is more a fault of the people who allow cretins such as George Galloway and the like into power. Politicians who only care about their own egos and hold far too many prejudices to represent the majority.

Well, maybe I am just partial to the idea of a nation being a nation because of Quebec.

Listen to this idiot on the radio.

tic fan.

1. 3rd verse... wtf?

2. stems way way back bought and sold for english gold? wtf....

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR COUNTRY?!?!?!?!?

Unfortunately many things my friend. It doesn't help one jot when an over-compensated minority don't even recognise themselves as Scottish (which they are) nevermind British (which the also are). Then you have the others who are fervently anti-British/English/Monarch. In between you have the silent majority who are either too apathetic or scared to speak up and teach these morons some sense.

To be completely honest, I bet Canadians would cheer GSTQ. We still sing it here on certain occasions and definetely as a country celebrate our roots. I find it shocking that it goes on.

As well, didn't the crown of the two nations unite when King James VI of Scotland became King James I of England in the 1600s ffs?

The real divide in GB was made clear in the 45', with the majority protestant lowlanders helping to stamp out the rebels.

It's only really Rangers fans and eighty year-old women who feel any affinity with the Royal family and Britain these days (and that's probably something to do with the problems in Ulster). It is us who are in the minority these days. Although I'm not really a nationalist, it's fairly clear that Scottish independence in inevitable.

What clueless shit.

You're right about the royal family of course, but to equate that to being in favour of the Union is just willfully simplistic bollocks. Get some perspective.

So because England are our sporting rivals we should demean both the English and Northern Irish people by booing their Anthem? That isn't rivalry just downright ignorance and disrespect.

How do you know who does and doesn't have an affinity with the Monarch and the Union? Did you condict a poll or just making an assumption? The majority of Scots don't want independence which has been proven and the reason in which the SNP won't hold a referendum yet. Independence would be the end of this nation as we would be absorbed into the EU and just become a region of Europe, not a soveriegn nation.

Irony - read this clowns post - goes on about his right to boo GSTQ in a peaceful manner as a political protest (gives it away right away doesn't it) and then says he has a right to as this is the United Kingdom and not China - doh !!!!!!!!! Did he forget his Iris...sorry Scottish pride as he was typing ??

Also read his comments on the friendly v Liverpool - proves a complete and utter hatred of Rangers amongst the racist TA !!!!!

The only reason it was booed was anti-english sentiment - nothing to do with this verse and that verse or political feeling , it was small mined pettiness of people who cannot move forward.

http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79754