Excellent Article by Jim Traynor in the Record Today

Bluepeter9

I don't buy the tabloids and I won't buy the Record because of this article. However, I congratulate Mr Traynor for an incisive, and balanced, take on several important issues arising from the current debate. It is rare for anyone in the Scottish press to show such insight and there will be some who will simply view it as anti-Celtic, anti-democratic, pro-Unionist bias. But its about time that sense was breaking out on recent developments - that especially goes for the so-called elected members who see it necessary to make politics out of such nonsende. Well done Mr Traynor, lets hope your other media colleagues take time to read and consider what you have said - are you reading Mr Spiers?

Stand by now for the backlash ... on guard Traynor, your address will be posted ... your house may come under attack ... you will be secretly filmed passing the Orange Hall in Airdrie to "prove" where your true allegiances lie ... and you'll be pelted by coins, lighters, etc. as you go about your job.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha so fickle, hell write a anti-rangers article tomorrow and you'll change your tune

No one is saying they like him, in fact I think the majority would agree he is p*sh, but at least he has stuck his neck out. I in fact wish he had not written the article at all, this s*it is just boring now.

wrt Jim Traynor - He may well write an anti-rangers article soon but I (for one) believe this, at least shows that Traynor has no specific agenda against us - there may be things about us he doesn't like - which is his right - but this strongly worded article shows some balance and it is not all - anti-rangers support.

BTW: I bet the celtic boards are aflame with hatred for Traynor just now!

Hes gone out of his way to piss off celtic supporters, to be controversial, to sell papers, and you've bought it.

London is that way, why don't you go home

I don't consider myself British, I am scottish. Why would I want to go to London. Do you consider yourself Irish, if you do, there is no longer a famine, you can go home if you really want to.

Hes gone out of his way to piss off celtic supporters, to be controversial, to sell papers, and you've bought it.

London is that way, why don't you go home.

Not only did I 'buy' it - I liked it - and this one article alone is enough to keep me buying it! Who cares if it was written just to sell papers - it was well worth my 35p today!

Good...I've just decided to go and buy this paper...

As in...."Scottish Daily Record and Sunday Mail Ltd"

OK then...anyone want to chip in ?..

... and write a few articles themselves then?...

*bump!*

Mr.Traynor

He will now probably get the "sack" for racist views-There will be a pow wow & his views will not be that of his "paper".That my friends is the climate in which we now live-this is not a free country with free speech & the powers that be know that introducing all these new "hate crimes" actually empower the government & give them even more leeway & power to foist this "political correctness" onto the public in the future.

I have said before-the way this & other western countries are being governed will end up like communist states-China/Russia-where free speech does not exist.

Our civil rights are being slowly taken from us & its a stand against these bassas to keep singing the Famine song.

Good article by Traynor. He's hit the nail on the head. How right he is about the pious nature of the Celtic fans. They truly are bitter hypocrites who are responsible for stirring up the 'sectarian industry' just so they can claim the moral high ground. Mock outrage pisses me off big time and I hate to see that in any way whether its in football, politics, religion or whatever else. Although Traynor can be a tit and the Daily Retard a filthy rag, a lot of what he says makes sense, he has form too on being critical of Celtic fans for their love of the old country at the expense of the country most of them were born in...

Finally managed to read this article, and have to say I am very pleasantly surprised at the content. Maybe he has listened to the backlash this whole sad scenario has caused, maybe he doesn't like politicians getting involved with sports, and maybe tomorrow he will write another anti-Rangers article. Who knows, but I applaud him for having the guts to put his own personal views about Rangers to one side and writing this article.

Guest Andypendek

My objection is that today he writes this, tomorrow he writes that. His position shifts like the wind. He and his fellow writers are the ones who stir up the bother, who inflame the simpler members of the community, and they are the first to pontificate when someone, somewhere takes it too far. It's no good occasionally coming out with a common sense article, if your staple diet is rabble rousing, shit-stirring drivel. Which newspaper was it decided a Baptist minister reckonging Jesus is 'Simply the Best' was worthy of a front page story? The record's sister paper, the Mail. Which section of society has taken the famine story and beaten the living crap out of it? The Scottish print and broadcast media. And now, having wound things up to the point where we have death threats and assaults pretty much directly related to the football, someone decides to balance things out?

Too little, too late for me.

So, to all those, of any religion or race, who think Scotland is such a bad, twisted place full of bigots and racists there is only one thing to say.

Go.

Go on, just gather up your prejudices, take your suspicions and pack your loathing of Scotland.

Go find a better place to live and leave us to get on with the job of making something good of this country.

________________________________________________________________________________

_

Traynors article sounds remarkably like the "famine song" but without the music. Perhaps we should notify the Irish Consulate that the DR is being offensive to Irish/Nationalist/Catholic/ Republican/Pioneers/Opus Dei/SDLP/IRA/Fianna Fial/Fine Gael/Aiden McGeadyKnights of Columbus etc,.

Seriously though, it,s a good article and the first one to give creedence to Rangers complaints. The first reporter to see through the false, sickening, self justification of the Irish Catholic mind set.

Believe me, I have lived overseas with Catholics of many nationalities and my kids have gone to school with them. The vast majority of the Worlds Catholics are pretty reasonable people. It,s the Irish branch of the religion who take it to weird lengths.

Maybe I am clutching at straws,but I would love to think that people like Traynor are in the majority

in Scotland but, somehow, I doubt it.

I think it tells you a lot when a bit of commons sense is considered excellent journalism.

To be honest, it is about his best work and I would put it in "good to very good", but not "excellent". Manticore's "monkeys on typewriters" analogy is pertinent.

The Muddleboard arnie happy - every cliché in the book here:

thedevil

Verus Deus Join Date: Aug 2006

Re: Isn't there enough in the world to worry about without beating ourselves up over line in a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by johncelticfan

Go.

Go on, just gather up your prejudices, take your suspicions and pack your loathing of Scotland.

Go find a better place to live and leave us to get on with the job of making something good of this country.

Go on Traynor, say it ya h** shitebag.

thedevil

View Public Profile

Send a private message to thedevil

Find all posts by thedevil

Add thedevil to Your Contacts

#3 Today, 13:17

johncelticfan

SoooperMember Join Date: May 2005

Re: Isn't there enough in the world to worry about without beating ourselves up over line in a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"....... It's called freedom of speech. It is a fundamental right that must be protected.

We don't all have to support what is said but we should back the right to say it, provided it is not overtly racist, sectarian or likely to incite violence.

well that rules out your famine song then james,does it not ?

johncelticfan

View Public Profile

Send a private message to johncelticfan

Find all posts by johncelticfan

Add johncelticfan to Your Contacts

#4 Today, 13:18

Drederick Tatum

Twisted Animator Join Date: Jun 2004

Nothing like the chief sports writer missing the point.

Or several points.

Slavery was abolished 150 years ago - I Celtic fans (Or anyone else for that matter) made up a song to "Wind up" DeMarcus Beasley, would that be acceptable?

Well, after all it was years ago.

Of course not - it would be horrific and racist without question and anyone promoting the idea would be rightly condemned.

What about that stooshie the Germans had with the Jews?

That was donkeys ago. It must be long enough ago that we can have a bit of "Banter" these days?

After all it's our right to free speech.

With that right in mind - fuck off Jim Traynor you shit stirring arsehole.

And if internet message boards disgust you so much, stop visiting them and using the material as a basis for a story.

Prick.

Drederick Tatum

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Drederick Tatum

Find all posts by Drederick Tatum

Add Drederick Tatum to Your Contacts

#5 Today, 13:22

CelticTigress

Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGG GGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Jim Traynor you are a cunt of a man who is trying to defend the indefensible.

Why oh why oh why did I open this thread why

CelticTigress

View Public Profile

Send a private message to CelticTigress

Find all posts by CelticTigress

Add CelticTigress to Your Contacts

#6 Today, 13:23

APEbhoy

But WHERE did the atoms come from, eh? eh? Join Date: Jan 2004

is this real?????????? sweet jesus..

APEbhoy

View Public Profile

Send a private message to APEbhoy

Find all posts by APEbhoy

Add APEbhoy to Your Contacts

#7 Today, 13:23

Modena05

Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2005

I can just imagine the fuss Traynor and others would make (rightly so) if a song was sung to Muslims along the lines of "The Crusades are over. Why don't you go home?".

But, then, we all know why the Famine song is viewed as it is by much of the press.

Modena05

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Modena05

Find all posts by Modena05

Add Modena05 to Your Contacts

#8 Today, 13:24

marko

Boooooooo Join Date: Jan 2004

Made up shoorly

marko

View Public Profile

Send a private message to marko

Find all posts by marko

Add marko to Your Contacts

#9 Today, 13:27

4424me

Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2008

two of his words sum up his article

'probably racist'

he knows its racist but he cant say it and why.......... because he agrees with it and he knows the majority of his like in scotland do too.

pander to them jim it makes you feel better doesnt it

4424me

View Public Profile

Send a private message to 4424me

Find all posts by 4424me

Add 4424me to Your Contacts

#10 Today, 13:28

CelticTigress

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko

Made up shoorly

I would seriously fecking hope so..

Can anyone post a link?

CelticTigress

View Public Profile

#11 Today, 13:31

jasbhoy

Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2004

got to be made up....surely that was never printed even in a 'scottish' paper?

jasbhoy

View Public Profile

Send a private message to jasbhoy

Find all posts by jasbhoy

Add jasbhoy to Your Contacts

#12 Today, 13:31

johncelticfan

Quote:

Daily Record

September 22, 2008, Monday

Neither have they spoken out about the twisted people who indulge in the most disgusting and horrible chat on fans'message boards.

hope you don't mean me james ?

johncelticfan

View Public Profile

#13 Today, 13:34

johncelticfan

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticTigress

I would seriously fecking hope so..

Can anyone post a link?

http://news.google.co.uk/news?source...ver+line+in+a+

johncelticfan

View Public Profile

#14 Today, 13:37

Foo2

Senior Member Join Date: Aug 2004

No surprise here, completely in keeping with his response to Peter the Balloch Provo chinning him for calling it the 'tattie song' on Saturday's phone-in.

As I said on Saturday, an discrase as a journalist, even worse as a human being.

Foo2

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Foo2

Find all posts by Foo2

Add Foo2 to Your Contacts

#15 Today, 13:45

Kennybhoy

Senior Member Join Date: Apr 2004

I'm not really all that bothered about what the h*** sing, but bloody hell, what an article that is, that is quite staggering

Kennybhoy

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Kennybhoy

Find all posts by Kennybhoy

Add Kennybhoy to Your Contacts

#16 Today, 13:51

CelticTigress

Quote:

:shoc k:

Oh my word, I had really hoped it was a wind up.

Thanks for posting the link

CelticTigress

View Public Profile

#17 Today, 13:57

marko

Boooooooo Join Date: Jan 2004

Quote:

The descent for James continues. Many years ago he was a decent sports journo with The Herald. But he took the tabloid coin and his fall from grace has been a steady one ever since. To think that a decent writing talent has become no more than a headline-grabbing, controversy-stoking whore.

Such a shame.

marko

View Public Profile

Send a private message to marko

Find all posts by marko

Add marko to Your Contacts

#18 Today, 13:57

KingstonCelt

Threadkiller Join Date: Jan 2004

The article has very thinly disgusied racist undertones - and that's excluding the anti-Irish part! And still no comment on the big lie song

KingstonCelt

View Public Profile

Send a private message to KingstonCelt

Find all posts by KingstonCelt

Add KingstonCelt to Your Contacts

#19 Today, 13:58

neily

SoooperMember Join Date: Mar 2006

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennybhoy

I'm not really all that bothered about what the h*** sing, but bloody hell, what an article that is, that is quite staggering

Agreed

I may as well go home now then guys as Jim has put me straight on a few things.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the season as i'm away to pack my bags for home. I'd better phone my mum & dad & let them know.

Bon Voyage

neily

View Public Profile

Send a private message to neily

Find all posts by neily

Add neily to Your Contacts

#20 Today, 14:03

gan ainm

Its All Good Join Date: Jan 2004

Who cares what the fat bastard wrote? His opinion is of zero worth to any decent minded person.

gan ainm

View Public Profile

Send a private message to gan ainm

Find all posts by gan ainm

Add gan ainm to Your Contacts

#21 Today, 14:06

nevereatprawns

Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2005

The paper that the fat bastard writes for as never had the guts to publish the song in full

go on Jim.put your money where your mouth is

publish the song verse for verse word for word and then try and defend it

it will never happen cause you are a gutless fat cunt mister Trainor!!

nevereatprawns

View Public Profile

Send a private message to nevereatprawns

Find all posts by nevereatprawns

Add nevereatprawns to Your Contacts

#22 Today, 14:07

Drederick Tatum

Twisted Animator Join Date: Jun 2004

I actually had to check the story in boy in works paper before I posted.

I thought it was a typical paranoid Timmy wind up, but nope - the genuine article is a far better wind up than anything we could muster.

Drederick Tatum

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Drederick Tatum

Find all posts by Drederick Tatum

Add Drederick Tatum to Your Contacts

#23 Today, 14:15

Sharpshooter

I am amused by this idea that because there are many worse things in the world an evil thing somehow becomes less evil. What an impoverished worldview! So Pol Pot was'nt so bad or worth complaining about as Hitler was worse. No point in moaning about needing a liver transplant, better than having cancer.

These fucks in the h** tabloid press will do anything and say anything to avoid criticising the Orcs directly, forcefully and without qualification.

Sharpshooter

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Sharpshooter

Find all posts by Sharpshooter

Add Sharpshooter to Your Contacts

#24 Today, 14:18

APEbhoy

But WHERE did the atoms come from, eh? eh? Join Date: Jan 2004

by his logic - there'd be no need for someone like him - who reports on something so trivial as sport.

he truly lacks the mind to deal with an issue such as this - and moving pathetically on to club nicknames shows him up as such..

APEbhoy

View Public Profile

Send a private message to APEbhoy

Find all posts by APEbhoy

Add APEbhoy to Your Contacts

#25 Today, 14:24

Kennybhoy

Senior Member Join Date: Apr 2004

Also quite humurous to note the back page headline in the record. Us apparently getting a dodgy penalty which "killed Kilmarnocks chances"

That's right, 2-0 up and game over, a debatable yet insignificant penalty in the dying minutes when the game is long over as a contest, and it's the most important & controversial sports story of the day

Kennybhoy

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Kennybhoy

Find all posts by Kennybhoy

Add Kennybhoy to Your Contacts

#26 Today, 14:25

Tiocfaidh Armani

McManiac GTF! Join Date: Apr 2004

Quote:

than anything else.

So, to all those, of any religion or race, who think Scotland is such a bad, twisted place full of bigots and racists there is only one thing to say.

Go.

How about the bigots go ya fat fuck.

Tiocfaidh Armani

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Tiocfaidh Armani

Find all posts by Tiocfaidh Armani

Add Tiocfaidh Armani to Your Contacts

#27 Today, 14:26

Mr Happy

Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2007

Quote:

Daily Record

September 22, 2008, Monday

DITTY VACANT;

ISN'T THERE ENOUGH IN THE WORLD TO WORRY ABOUT WITHOUT BEATING OURSELVES UP OVER LINE IN A SONG?

BYLINE: TRAYNOR

The line that seems to have offended a number of Celtic fans is something like: "The famine is over, why don't you go home?".

And that is where he is so wrong.

The line he quotes is actually the least offensive line of that song.

I know I should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he has never actually heard the actual song in full. That would just make him ignorant as oppossed to a sectarian bigot.

Regards

Mr Happy

Mr Happy

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Mr Happy

Find all posts by Mr Happy

Add Mr Happy to Your Contacts

#28 Today, 14:30

Pablo

Tommy Burns, Celtic Legend Join Date: Mar 2004

Wait a minute. So basically he's closing this article by telling anyone who finds Scotland a racist or prejudiced country to pack their bags and fuck off back to whence they came?

Er, isn't that a little paradoxical James...?

Is anyone else getting more enjoyment out of Scotland's press recently? Brightens up my day reading these twits' attempts at journamlism on here.

Pablo

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Pablo

Find all posts by Pablo

Add Pablo to Your Contacts

#29 Today, 14:31

jimmy the gent

Senior Member Join Date: Aug 2004

why are any of you surprised ?? traynors a h**, always has been. would traynor accept us singing about the ibrox disaster ?? not a chance.

jimmy the gent

View Public Profile

Send a private message to jimmy the gent

Find all posts by jimmy the gent

Add jimmy the gent to Your Contacts

#30 Today, 14:37

Sharpshooter

In future if Traynor complains about anything regarding our club simply cite the hypothermia defence

'Not as bad as old people dying Jim, move on.'

Sharpshooter

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Sharpshooter

Find all posts by Sharpshooter

Add Sharpshooter to Your Contacts

#31 Today, 14:42

Drew Peacock

SoooperMember Join Date: Jan 2004

Holy shit. Is Eringobragh really Jim Traynor?

Perhaps he mixed up his Retard article with his Huddleboard parody, this week??

Drew Peacock

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Drew Peacock

Find all posts by Drew Peacock

Add Drew Peacock to Your Contacts

#32 Today, 14:53

hamiltonbhoy

SoooperMember Join Date: Jan 2004

Quote:

The line that seems to have offended a number of Celtic fans is something like: "The famine is over, why don't you go home?"

No Traynor your wrong - its all the other lines as well...but of course you dont know what they are because you and yer ass wip of paper doesnt ever think to get to those details.

Justify this dirge after printing all the 'words'.

Oh and while your at it, justify how maybe dozens giving the awful Novo dirge a blast is the same or worse than thousands singing the 'tattie song' or glorifying Gary Glitter or their despicable campaign against Jock Stein!!

You and your Hunday Mail colleague Waddell sum up everything thats wrong with 'sport journalism' in this country!

Hail Hail

hamiltonbhoy

View Public Profile

Send a private message to hamiltonbhoy

Find all posts by hamiltonbhoy

Add hamiltonbhoy to Your Contacts

#33 Today, 15:25

GODSAVEIRELAND

Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2006

Interesting that he promotes the notion of freedom of speech when George Galloway's comments on the song did not exceed beyond the editorial cut several months ago.

He is working for a publication that does not allow freedom of speech,instead conforming to the anti-Irish status quo.

Laughable in many ways.