What a signing they would have been!

LegendofCoop

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs eck didnt have 6mill that season to spend, hence why we ended up with the likes of jeffers etc

eto was a dream,

i think yakin would have walked this league, mind we took him to the piggery and everything before his club changed their mind and wanted money instead of just cancelling his contract

ffs eck didnt have 6mill that season to spend, hence why we ended up with the likes of jeffers etc

eto was a dream,

i think yakin would have walked this league, mind we took him to the piggery and everything before his club changed their mind and wanted money instead of just cancelling his contract

That's a good shout! We needed a player just like him at that time as well!

eto was a dream,

That's a good shout! We needed a player just like him at that time as well!

if i remember right we were getting him on a freebie until another team showed interest then his club wanted 750k

and you are right, we would have been a different team with him in it, reminded me of a tugay type player, always wanting the ball to create things in the midfield

if i remember right we were getting him on a freebie until another team showed interest then his club wanted 750k

and you are right, we would have been a different team with him in it, reminded me of a tugay type player, always wanting the ball to create things in the midfield

Yup, you're right. How to do business the Swiss way eh??? :rolleyes:

Tugay was let go at least 5 seasons too early imo!

Yup, you're right. How to do business the Swiss way eh??? :rolleyes:

Tugay was let go at least 5 seasons too early imo!

yup, never looked out of place in the EPL until his heid was completely grey

Boumsong aside, McLeish didn't have much luck with his freebie buys, but I genuinely believe that Hakan Sukur would have been a sensation for us.

Just found an article that said we were prepared to pay 20m for him! <cr>

Sukur? <cr>

The only time I remember us being after him was when Parma released after the World Cup in 2002.

Boumsong aside, McLeish didn't have much luck with his freebie buys, but I genuinely believe that Hakan Sukur would have been a sensation for us.

Just found an article that said we were prepared to pay 20m for him! <cr>

Sukur? <cr>

The only time I remember us being after him was when Parma released after the World Cup in 2002.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-60206553.html

You can only get the first few lines, but this is from 1999

Probably total nonsense though

I think we missed a trick with Eoin Jess from Aberdeen. Im sure we released him as a kid, but later on we could have given him the platform to progress into the player he could have been. Ill always remember Chick Young saying "Jess will be a Rangers player within 24 Hrs" in one of his exclusives.

Stan Collymore as well. At his peak probably the best all round striker behind Shearer at the time in Britain and would have raped the SPL.

Eto'o, Ronaldo, Jardel, Raul Tamudo, Van Persie. :lol:

We would have won the Champions League by now. :lol:

Edit: Just found the link to the Eto'o story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/scotland/1908490.stm

McLeish told Rangers' official website: "Samuel Eto'o is a player I like, but there are a lot of players out there that I like.

"He is not the number one target.

No Eck :power_of_anguish: