What a signing they would have been!

LegendofCoop

No but he was a massive Gers fan.

Why did he sign for Celtic then?

Exactly! He was a Gers fan,(he used to travel with his dad on the Cumbernauld supporters bus) but obviously not as massive,as some people would like to think. :rolleyes:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pires, when we tried to sign him from Metz.

Although I'm led to believe that Wenger was friends with the Les Grenats chairman, so he was always going to take Arsenal's offer.

Oh well. What a player.

The most underrated winger in the last 15 years IMO.

If Rangers had of signed him.. :unionflag:

No but he was a massive Gers fan.

Why did he sign for Celtic then?

Exactly! He was a Gers fan,(he used to travel with his dad on the Cumbernauld supporters bus) but obviously not as massive,as some people would like to think. :rolleyes:

Hes a celtic man now so he couldnt have been that big a bear.

• 4 weeks later...

Dont know what made me think about this thread again, but I've come up with another 4 players I reckon would have done us a right turn had they signed!

Kennet Andersson

Yuri Djorkaeff

Christophe Dugarry

Oliver Neuville

All genuine targets at one point. All would have been class! :unionflag:

• 1 year later...

i remember getting really, really excited at the thought of Jardel signing for us years ago.

Goram said in his book that he thought they'd sent a different Jardel, cos he was an overweight, slow, poor player when he trained with us.

maybe we took him on trial after an injury ? i don't know, but Goram was laughing at the hype of a player he saw as being shite in training.

Im sure i read somewhere that Robin Van Persie had a chance to sign for the Gers when he was 17.

Read that online ages ago, apparently he was desperate to sign for us as he was having a hard time at his club in Holland but the move never came!!

Pires, when we tried to sign him from Metz.

Although I'm led to believe that Wenger was friends with the Les Grenats chairman, so he was always going to take Arsenal's offer.

Oh well. What a player.

The most underrated winger in the last 15 years IMO.

If Rangers had of signed him.. :unionflag:

Completely agree with you. Pires was an unbelievable player. I used to be glued to the TV when I was wee watching him, Henry & Berkgamp completely control games. Outstanding player.

In the last few years, Scott Brown. He'd of continued to develop and would of turned into a class footballer....but he made his bed and he can rot in his own pish. That move has ruined him!

Mario Jardel, Emmanuel Petit.

That one! Was so sure it was happening too. What a difference he would have made in Europe I think.