• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the sunday mail story

Kris Boyd: I will never play for Scotland again under George Burley

Oct 12 2008 By Mark Guidi

KRIS BOYD never wants to play for Scotland under George Burley again.

MailSport understands the frustrated striker will inform Burley and the SFA within the next 24 hours of his sensational decision.

Passionate Scotsman Boyd is severely down after not making an appearance in the World Cup draw at home to Norway yesterday.

It's understood the Rangers star feels he isn't rated by Burley after only getting a stint as a sub against Macedonia in his three competitive games in charge.

Boyd hasn't made this decision lightly - although it has been on his mind since last month's double-header away to Macedonia and Iceland.

And he has been involved in soul-searching discussions with his family, friends and team-mates in the past 24 hours.

But the 25-year-old won't close the door on the international scene completely when he informs SFA chief executive Gordon Smith of his decision.

Boyd just feels there is little chance of him playing under Burley - but the Ibrox hitman hopes he'll be given the chance to play under the next manager.

The Gers star can accept being behind the likes of Kenny Miller and James McFadden.

But he may well have raised an eyebrow when Chris Iwelumo and Steven Fletcher were given the nod ahead of him yesterday.

Some of Boyd's international team-mates were also surprised at the decision.

With his ratio of seven goals from 15 caps it was felt Boyd should have played ahead of Iwelumo and Fletcher.

Debut boy Iwelumo thenwent on to miss a sitter - the kind of chance Boyd sticks away.

The Rangers man has a career scoring record of 142 goals in 199 games but that appears not to be good enough for Burley.

Lee McCulloch quit Scotland last month and was made out to be a villain for turning his back on his country.

Boyd would not want those accusations thrown at him as he would love to play for Scotland but hasn't been given a chance.

Decisions made by Burley yesterday were beyond belief and really baffled me.

First of all suggesting it was 4-3-3 with Maloney and Morrison, since when has Morrison been classed as a striker?

I still don't rate McFudden(never have), if Eck has dropped him for Birmingham who are only in the championship afterall then Burley should have done same.

Then bringing on that big tit Iwulemo before Boyd was shocking. Fair enough Boyd ain't exactly a great player but he is far better than him.

Is Burley one of them by any chance?

Decisions made by Burley yesterday were beyond belief and really baffled me.

First of all suggesting it was 4-3-3 with Maloney and Morrison, since when has Morrison been classed as a striker?

I still don't rate McFudden(never have), if Eck has dropped him for Birmingham who are only in the championship afterall then Burley should have done same.

Then bringing on that big tit Iwulemo before Boyd was shocking. Fair enough Boyd ain't exactly a great player but he is far better than him.

Is Burley one of them by any chance?

(tu) Spot on....

To inform you G.burley isn,t one of them,neither was Craig and they where brought up Rangers men I know this because a know the family all true blues.

Can see where Boyds coming from,if a midfielder gets a game before you questions must be asked,both about the manager and yourself.

As for the miss a feel for the boy he didnt try to miss it and he,ll have to live with it for the rest of his life,just one of those things.

I don't think all is well in the Scotland camp. The unity that was there under Walter and Big Eck appears to have vanished. Yesterday was a monumental slap in the face for Boyd. I hope he doesn't come out and say this publicly but I'm sure he must be feeling it inside.

. . . never wants to play for Scotland again under Burley. Playing the dud from Wolves before him the last straw ! :sherlock:

boyd can get himself to fuck is no where near as good enough to start makin threats like that if thats really the case and he does come out and say that a wouldnt have him near another scotland top ever whata a prick

Boyd is just right whats the point in turning up all the time and never getting a game.

And there was me thinking playing for your country was a privilege, not a right.

Yes playing, and you have the right not to play when you never get picked.