Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

BLUEDIGNITY

Personally, I think bringing on Iwelumo and Fletcher was the right thing to do at the time.

But, I'd rather have seen Iwelumo on from the start, with Boyd replacing him later in the game.

I'm a Boyd fan, but if Rangers can't play with passengers, theres no way Scotland can on the international stage.

Spot on ..... been going to Ibrox for over 30 years. The guy has all the talent , but none of the work-rate that would make him an outstanding player.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see the problem with playing Iwulemo, he has had a good start to the season. He missed a sitter but hey loads of players have missed sitters. If boyd would get into the rangers squad week in week out then yes he should be an automatic pick but he doesnt.

Scary trend starting to appear

ffs he had to make that long trip to hampden park, if this is the kind of man he is maybe we shuld get him out of the club, i for one dont want our youngster seeing this attitude

This is also a good point.

I agree seems like a kid that takes the ball back so none can play. He may be frustrated but that kind of statement shows he is not a team player and when the next manager is picked he could be overlooked due to attitude.

Everything Burley says in that article is spot on.

Im from the Capello school of thought when it comes to international football. Players (outwith the 'superstars') should be picked on current form. Simple.

Iwelumo has been on fire in a league that's much stronger than the SPL, where as Boyd hasn't been a regular.

Steven Fletcher (who i don't rate) is much more creative than Boyd and Scotland were struggling to create before his introduction. Again, i understand why he brought him on.

I don't rate him as a manager, infact i think he's atrocious, but everything he says in that article is correct.

think boyd and mcculloch are the 1st of many who will walk out on scotland under burley, personally i dislike the man for the comments made about broadfoot and as long as he may remain in charge can see no future for our national team

Im from the Capello school of thought when it comes to international football. Players (outwith the 'superstars') should be picked on current form. Simple.

Iwelumo has been on fire in a league that's much stronger than the SPL, where as Boyd hasn't been a regular.

Steven Fletcher (who i don't rate) is much more creative than Boyd and Scotland were struggling to create before his introduction. Again, i understand why he brought him on.

I don't rate him as a manager, infact i think he's atrocious, but everything he says in that article is correct.

Steven Fletcher has actually been poor for hibs so far this season, so he's not picking on current form. Neither has McFadden if im to believe what im told.

McFadden and Robson have not featured all that much for their clubs this season. McFadden has 1 goal this season.

As for Steven Fletcher, yes he plays most weeks but the guy is f*kn brutal.

If it weren't for the quotes in the second article I'd be tempted to think this was just made up by a tim to unsettle Boyd and to tar him in the eyes of Scottish fans. I wonder if it really is as simple as Burley just making atrocious tactical decisions or if there's actually more going on behind the scenes. If people are quitting the squad then there is obviously no spirit or sense of unity to begin with which you just wouldn't have seen under Smith or Mcleish.

Guest Andypendek

Having read Boyd's quotes, I don't see how Burley can stay in the job after we fail to qualify. There's going to be too much shite flying around now.

If it weren't for the quotes in the second article I'd be tempted to think this was just made up by a tim to unsettle Boyd and to tar him in the eyes of Scottish fans. I wonder if it really is as simple as Burley just making atrocious tactical decisions or if there's actually more going on behind the scenes. If people are quitting the squad then there is obviously no spirit or sense of unity to begin with which you just wouldn't have seen under Smith or Mcleish.

I've heard rumours about Pressley's involvement, apparently his transition from player to coach hasn't went too smoothly.

he has made the correct decision , not to bring him on when we needed a goal was a poor decision ,

burley is clueless , his selection and tactics are shocking

McFadden is our main hope of creating something , so burley takes him off and replaces him with 2 players with 1 cap and 0 goals between them , and he expects us to support him

In the circumstances on saturday you use players who have proven ability to score goals , he did not , he tried to prove that he knows best by introducing his kind of player , he got it wrong

Scotland are out , Burley carries the can , apart from the result against the mighty Icelend , his team selections , tactics etc has been shocking

He is our answer to Bertie Vogts

McFadden and Robson have not featured all that much for their clubs this season. McFadden has 1 goal this season.

As for Steven Fletcher, yes he plays most weeks but the guy is f*kn brutal.

True, mate.

McFadden has to be involved with Scotland, though. It would be like England leaving out Wayne Rooney.

Fletcher has been playing though, and thats the thing.

Disappointed in Boyd. I would never say no to Scotland but that's just me. Maybe he should have tried hard in training and lost the tag he already has. Anyway, this looks like the end for Burley, I don't want to see him go as I think he will come good but that is two players that have left under him.

I like Boyd.

142 goals in 199 appearances ain't too bad if you ask me. Yes he is flawed, but so negative about him. Gary Lineker was a top goalscorer for club and country, yet he barely managed to get any further than 12 yard away from the opponents goal when he played. England loved him. Yet Boyd who does actually try isn't well liked.

For me its a shame that Boyd gets criticised so much, as I believe he could be the best goalscorer Scotland has ever seen if only his national (and club) Manager gave him the chance.

Goal scoring is an art, Boyd has all the right stuff to stick the ball into the net, his natural instinct keeps him right in the middle of the sticks, so put the bloody ball in the right areas and he will surely score.

Ilwemous miss was probably the worst i have ever seen. Add to that the few balls that went across they Norwegian goal mouth and just maybe Scotland could have bagged a couple of goals.

I remember years ago someone saying all he every does is score goals, and one Derek Johnston saying that was good enough for him. The player was one Ally McCoist.

It has always been dangerous to pick a player who suddenly has a freakish goalscoring run to play international football.

As for being a player in goalscoring form, I remember Nerlinger scoring 3 goals in our first 2 games and being our leading goalscorer but no one in their right mind would think that trend would continue.

A proven goalscorer rather than an uncharacteristic run of goals would be a more sensible choice for me.

Boyd should have taken it on the chin. Should have had a quiet word with Burley after the match. BUT.. since he left a message (later) with him.. perhaps it was after a few bevvies? Who knows..

Burley made a huge mistake by taking off McFadden. Put Iwelumo on wit McFadden and we would have won that match. Boyd should have been on before Fletcher though.

Thing is .. you learn more about a man when times are hard.. not when they're easy. I just learned a lot about KB's character.

I like Boyd.

142 goals in 199 appearances ain't too bad if you ask me. Yes he is flawed, but so negative about him. Gary Lineker was a top goalscorer for club and country, yet he barely managed to get any further than 12 yard away from the opponents goal when he played. England loved him. Yet Boyd who does actually try isn't well liked.

For me its a shame that Boyd gets criticised so much, as I believe he could be the best goalscorer Scotland has ever seen if only his national (and club) Manager gave him the chance.

Goal scoring is an art, Boyd has all the right stuff to stick the ball into the net, his natural instinct keeps him right in the middle of the sticks, so put the bloody ball in the right areas and he will surely score.

Ilwemous miss was probably the worst i have ever seen. Add to that the few balls that went across they Norwegian goal mouth and just maybe Scotland could have bagged a couple of goals.

I remember years ago someone saying all he every does is score goals, and one Derek Johnston saying that was good enough for him. The player was one Ally McCoist.

Sadly though nowadays scoring goals isn't enough for most fans. They want their strikers to be a complete player just like they want their fullbacks to be able to attack and no one is just happy with them doing the job they are there to do. Dennis Law did nothing but poach and is considered a legend and even though the game has changed the ultimate target is still to score more goals than the other guys so anybody who scores almost a goal a game is a valuable commodity no matter how hard he works. It's not exactly rocket science.

If we had won Boyd wouldnt have said anything , but after that miss thats going to be on all the dvds you get at xmas taking the piss.

Hes right to get out and not take any blame in the games to come as hed be asked to save Scotland after that farce of a miss.

Boyd should have taken it on the chin. Should have had a quiet word with Burley after the match. BUT.. since he left a message (later) with him.. perhaps it was after a few bevvies? Who knows..

Burley made a huge mistake by taking off McFadden. Put Iwelumo on wit McFadden and we would have won that match. Boyd should have been on before Fletcher though.

Thing is .. you learn more about a man when times are hard.. not when they're easy. I just learned a lot about KB's character.

what have you learned ?

that he can stand up for himself , when he thinks he is being made a fool of

or

he quits when he is made a fool of

Burleys substitution could cost us a place in the World Cup

I would have done the same as Boyd , told burley to f**k off and stop trailing him around the world when he has no intention of playing him

The player has a family to look after , why spend time away from them , when you are never going to get a game

what have you learned ?

that he can stand up for himself , when he thinks he is being made a fool of

or

he quits when he is made a fool of

Burleys substitution could cost us a place in the World Cup

I would have done the same as Boyd , told burley to f**k off and stop trailing him around the world when he has no intention of playing him

The player has a family to look after , why spend time away from them , when you are never going to get a game

(tu) If he hasnt established himself with his club why was he even on the bench. :2g: Burley

Completely back oyd on this. burley is a joke of a manger and the sooner he goes the better.

His team selection is nothing short of laughable.

Boyd is right to quit Scotland. A proven goalscorer who would havew scored that attempt 100 times out of 100 and Burley makes excuses for not playing him, by saying he needs to establish himself at club level.

If I am not mistaken, and I may be, but I am sure McFadden has been dropped by McCleish so that resoning is right out the window.