Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

BLUEDIGNITY

Personally, I think bringing on Iwelumo and Fletcher was the right thing to do at the time.

But, I'd rather have seen Iwelumo on from the start, with Boyd replacing him later in the game.

I'm a Boyd fan, but if Rangers can't play with passengers, theres no way Scotland can on the international stage.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see the problem with playing Iwulemo, he has had a good start to the season. He missed a sitter but hey loads of players have missed sitters. If boyd would get into the rangers squad week in week out then yes he should be an automatic pick but he doesnt.

Scary trend starting to appear

ffs he had to make that long trip to hampden park, if this is the kind of man he is maybe we shuld get him out of the club, i for one dont want our youngster seeing this attitude

i dont see the problem with playing Iwulemo, he has had a good start to the season. He missed a sitter but hey loads of players have missed sitters. If boyd would get into the rangers squad week in week out then yes he should be an automatic pick but he doesnt.

Scary trend starting to appear

ffs he had to make that long trip to hampden park, if this is the kind of man he is maybe we shuld get him out of the club, i for one dont want our youngster seeing this attitude

This is also a good point.

His decision to quit just underlines his lazyness for me.

Just what I was thinking....the easy way out.

Instead he should be getting his finger out his arse and get the 'lazy' tag off his back.

Take a look at Broadfoot's commitment, hard work and eagerness to learn, develop and improve.

Guest Andypendek

He should have avoided the press like the plague yesterday, they would be looking for exactly this type of headline to further knife Burley - someone they appear to have hated from the word go.

After his decisions yesterday I'm no fan either, but they seem to have been hell bent on stirring since day one. Frankie has said this is down to an agenda to weaken Gordon Smith...I don't know.

Whatever, you don't come out of this looking good, Kris. The obvious reply is 'well, will you be saying the same thing to Walter Smith?'

I was surprised at Boyd not getting a game, but to be honest I was surprised at the whole bloody starting 11 yesterday, Scotland was almost like the away team! Not sure if there is unrest in the camp or just one disgruntled player, but was listening to it on the radio and got the impression that Fergie was putting his two pennies worth in also, saying that Weir should have been made captain instead of Fletcher, and I'm sure he had something to say about Boyd as well.

Boyd appears to be too lazy, yes he is a natural goal scorer but if he can't get a game for Rangers, then he doesn't have a right to get a game for Scotland and he has to get his head down and work hard in training.

Rangers striker Kris Boyd has told BBC Scotland he will not play for Scotland again under manager George Burley.

Boyd said he left a message with the Scotland boss on Saturday night after Burley told Radio Scotland the forward must prove himself with his club.

"I left a message on George Burley's phone last night and he hadn't got back to me," said Boyd.

"I will not be playing for George Burley again, but I hope to be back in a Scotland jersey again one day."

Boyd spent the entire 90 minutes of Saturday's match against Norway on the bench and contacted Burley after the 0-0 draw when he heard the Scotland manager's comments on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme. I will not be playing for George Burley again, but I hope to be back in a Scotland jersey again one day

Kris Boyd

In his post-match interview with BBC Scotland's Chick Young, Burley defended his decision to replace Birmingham City striker James McFadden with Wolves' Chris Iwelumo during the match.

"Kris has got to establish himself in the Rangers team, which he hasn't done," said Burley.

"Chris (Iwelumo) came on because he's been playing regularly and has scored eight goals in six games for Wolves.

"You're always looking for players to prove themselves, and Boyd is not any different from anyone else in the squad." MY SPORT: DEBATE

Would Hibs fans welcome Riordan back at?

Boyd also told BBC Scotland that he decided to contact the chief executive of the Scottish Football Association, Gordon Smith, to inform him of his decision to step down from international football under Burley after leaving the message for the Scotland manager.

Boyd added: "I didn't think just leaving a message was very professional, so I spoke with Gordon Smith and informed him of my decision."

Rangers midfielder Lee McCulloch also retired from international football last month, but the SFA insisted the decision was not fuelled by animosity between McCulloch and the national manager.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7665985.stm

I don't understand Burley bringing Fletcher and Iwelumo on ahead of Boyd. Two players with very very little International experience, but he has a goalscoring machine on the bench with 7 goals in 14 International games and refuses to bring him on. However, Boyd should be working harder in training to prove to his manager he is worthy of a starting slot every game.

It's a hard one to call.

I wish he'd just knuckle down in training and make himself undroppable, but I'd fully understand him telling Burley to fuck off after the Fletcher debacle.

I dont believe thats the case. See if he didnt try in training he wouldnt be at rangers.

I think its a case of Walter isnt regularly playing him so something must be wrong with him.

Burley made such an arse of things yesterday, and better managers than him have been sacked for less. He only used 2 subs, in a must win game, with Boyd on the bench who's goals to game ratio since turning pro is almost 1 in 1. I dont care what people say about his play, 10 mins to go, in a must win game, throw him on!

Decisions made by Burley yesterday were beyond belief and really baffled me.

First of all suggesting it was 4-3-3 with Maloney and Morrison, since when has Morrison been classed as a striker?

I still don't rate McFudden(never have), if Eck has dropped him for Birmingham who are only in the championship afterall then Burley should have done same.

Then bringing on that big tit Iwulemo before Boyd was shocking. Fair enough Boyd ain't exactly a great player but he is far better than him.

Is Burley one of them by any chance?

There is no way McFadden would get dropped by any Scotland manager as the tartan army wouldnt accept it :rolleyes:

As well as Fletcher who only gets a game because he plays for Man United but him and McFadden are the 2 most over-rated players in that Scotland team

Well done Boydy i would of made the same decision as you as well if it is true

If Burley really thought Boyd's lack of games was an issue why did he even pick him for the bench? The media quite rightly asked questions about giving a debut to a striker in such a crucial game, Boyd for me has experience and a good record at international level to earn his chance.

Good on Boyd for sticking up for himself (tu)

This baffles me, if true then should Boyd also tell Walter and Rangers to feck aff as well?

No we don’t want that..... :angry2:

Of course we dont, but going by Boyds logic here then thats what he should do?

Boyd is clearly thinking there is no point in him traveling all over Europe just to sit on a bench, he doesn't get payed for playing for Scotland.

Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

Rangers striker Kris Boyd has told BBC Scotland he will not play for Scotland again under manager George Burley.

Boyd said he left a message with the Scotland boss on Saturday night after Burley told Radio Scotland the forward must prove himself with his club.

"I left a message on George Burley's phone last night and he hadn't got back to me," said Boyd.

"I will not be playing for George Burley again, but I hope to be back in a Scotland jersey again one day."

Boyd spent the entire 90 minutes of Saturday's match against Norway on the bench and contacted Burley after the 0-0 draw when he heard the Scotland manager's comments on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme.

In his post-match interview with BBC Scotland's Chick Young, Burley defended his decision to replace Birmingham City striker James McFadden with Wolves' Chris Iwelumo during the match.

"Kris has got to establish himself in the Rangers team, which he hasn't done," said Burley.

"Chris (Iwelumo) came on because he's been playing regularly and has scored eight goals in six games for Wolves.

"You're always looking for players to prove themselves, and Boyd is not any different from anyone else in the squad."

Boyd also told BBC Scotland that he decided to contact the chief executive of the Scottish Football Association, Gordon Smith, to inform him of his decision to step down from international football under Burley after leaving the message for the Scotland manager.

Boyd added: "I didn't think just leaving a message was very professional, so I spoke with Gordon Smith and informed him of my decision."

Rangers midfielder Lee McCulloch also retired from international football last month, but the SFA insisted at the time that his decision was not fuelled by a rift between McCulloch and the national manager.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7665985.stm

Some quotes in there from Boyd also so it seems to be true.

Decisions made by Burley yesterday were beyond belief and really baffled me.

First of all suggesting it was 4-3-3 with Maloney and Morrison, since when has Morrison been classed as a striker?

I still don't rate McFudden(never have), if Eck has dropped him for Birmingham who are only in the championship afterall then Burley should have done same.

Then bringing on that big tit Iwulemo before Boyd was shocking. Fair enough Boyd ain't exactly a great player but he is far better than him.

Is Burley one of them by any chance?

There is no way McFadden would get dropped by any Scotland manager as the tartan army wouldnt accept it :rolleyes:

As well as Fletcher who only gets a game because he plays for Man United but him and McFadden are the 2 most over-rated players in that Scotland team

Well done Boydy i would of made the same decision as you as well if it is true

Totally agree about Fletcher and McFadden. Two of the most over-rated players about, you can also add Steven Fletcher to that aswell.

The press McFadden got after the France game was cringeworthy. He's a one trick pony and every bit as lazy as Boyd.