Andrius Velicka?

Muff

What was the point in signing this guy?

Smith said that the signings in the summer were players who would go straight into the 1st team - we spent £7.2m on three guys who can't get into the team. Surely that sort of money should of been spent on players who were going to improve the 1st team by quite a bit, not squad players?

I have heard people say it was because he never had a rest between playing for Hearts and Viking - he signed for Viking in Febuary and didn't make his debut until April. In that season he played 25 games for Hearts and 18 for Viking, he was a sub for a good number of these matches. Surely he couldn't of been tired considering the amount of matches some of our players played?

Your average mediocre SPL player who was never going to get a game - £1m down the drain.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mediocre player, pointless signing.Add him to the list of money thrown away,not just the fee but wages that Walter has wasted on low level performers.

Yeah, another one to add to the list.

its ridiculous, we have spent 6m on potential i.e edu and lafferty when we need 1st team starters, although we havnt seen lafferty play in his natural position. velicka i cant see him playing an awfull lot this season so thats 1m down the drain. edu has great potential but thats not what we needed when we already have kevin thompson mendes ferguson and davis who could play in his position. dont see why we didnt spend the 3.5m that we used for velicka and edu and buy a right winger.

It's fucking shocking tbh.

Edu rotting in the reserves. We already have Thomson, why the hell did we splash out another 2.5mill on another DMF. Plus we have

Lafferty should easily be starting ahead of Beasley.

Isn't he coming back from a minor but niggling injury?

With a big squad and fewer games, it makes sense not to rush players back.

Just noticed that he recently played for the reserves, but I don't know if he's still getting up to speed.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter if he's getting up to speed. The only striker he's likely to replace is Boyd (as Walter would play Miller if he had a broken leg), and if Boyd keeps scoring I can't see him being dropped. Of course knowing Smith, he'll probably play Velicka as a left back or something.

Pre-Kaunas, I dunno what went through Walter's head in terms of signings.

Does that imply that you know what's going through his head since then?

If so, you're a better man than me because the quality of play against St Mirren and Hamilton, both after a full week's training show me that the manager and coaching staff don't have a clue.

The quality of our play makes it look as if we picked up a team of strangers from the pub or bookies on the way to the game

I thought he started quite brightly but then went off the boil very quickly.

I think WS planned to have him and Miller as the 1st choice front 2 with velicka a replacement for Boyd, but Boyd has shown that he's sharper and more prolific (as we all knew he was all along) and Velicka now isn't even a 2nd choice.

£1 million wasted

• 2 weeks later...