Jonny Evans - loan deal?

docspiderman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I agree that we could do with a striker like that - we have Boyd and Miller(two players who won't be dropped - unless Boyd's work rate drops or they pick up an injury) as well as Lafferty, Velicka, Darcheville, Novo, Loy....there is no way Smith would bring in another ST.

Smith said in an interview the other week(although before Thomson's injury) that he felt that we didn't need any players in January, even although he felt we were lacking numbers at the back.

I fully expect celtc to do someting in January and that is what could win and lose you the league - I think we will have to add one or two faces.

Martin and Bardsley were good for Man U reserves and decent in pre season friendlies!

Jonny Evans has proven himself in the Championship, Premiership and on the International stage.

Evans is easily good enough, and if the chance was there to take him I'd rip Man Utd's arm off.

If Walter's (wrongly) not going to give any of our youth a chance, I'd happily take one of the best young CB's in Britain. We'd be thick not to.

ferguson might give us him on loan good m8ts with ally and smith so might happen but look what happend when we got lee martin phil barndsly they were brilliant for man u and shite for us so what makes you think johnny evens is going to be any better

I thought Lee Martin was really good while he was here. very pacey left winger, we could do with a player like that just now.

ferguson might give us him on loan good m8ts with ally and smith so might happen but look what happend when we got lee martin phil barndsly they were brilliant for man u and shite for us so what makes you think johnny evens is going to be any better

I thought Lee Martin was really good while he was here. very pacey left winger, we could do with a player like that just now.

He's looked a good player but he only had one game that really stood out and that is when he was fantastic against hearts and ripped them apart! We really do need some width in our team badly.

Both Bardsley and Martin were very, very good players.

Patience was at a premium in the PLG era though and these lads suffered. Bardsley is now a Premiership regular and Martin's doing well at Nottingham Forest, even though they haven't had a great start to the season.

I'd take them both back in a flash right now, Bardsley especially.

Rangers are set to launch an audacious bid to add to their Northern Ireland contingent at Ibrox with a loan swoop for Jonny Evans.

Light Blues boss Walter Smith is understood to have already made an enquiry to close friend and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson about the 20-year old defender.

Ferguson has already turned down a £10 million bid from Sunderland for Evans this year and has tipped him to be the natural successor to Rio Ferdinand.

But Gers chief Smith is also on the look-out for a long term replacement for veteran defender David Weir and is keen to team Evans up with international pals Steven Davis and Kyle Lafferty in Glasgow.

But with Evans forcing his way into first-team contention at Old Trafford in recent months with a string of fine performances in both the Champions League and Premier League, any move to Scotland would be short-term.

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland boss Nigel Worthington is unlikely to call for reinforcements despite three defenders, including captain Aaron Hughes, withdrawing from the squad to face Hungary on Wednesday night.

Hughes (head injury), Gareth McAuley (hamstring) and George McCartney (foot) won't meet up with the squad today which leave only four fit defenders at Worthington's disposal.

Evans, Chris Baird, Michael Duff and Ryan McGivern are now certain to start in defence while Grant McCann has also been used at left-back during his international career.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-14065774.html

I don't think Evans' actually ability is in doubt here. To be honest, i'd say he's one of the best centre backs in Britain just now.

Ferguson has trusted him to replace Vidic in the past against Chelsea, then there's the Champions League games he's been involved in and the make or break games he featured in at Sunderland. Why would he let him get "Experience" here?

Sorry, i'd love to see Evans here, but this is just illogical.

I don't think Evans' actually ability is in doubt here. To be honest, i'd say he's one of the best centre backs in Britain just now.

Ferguson has trusted him to replace Vidic in the past against Chelsea, then there's the Champions League games he's been involved in and the make or break games he featured in at Sunderland. Why would he let him get "Experience" here?

Sorry, i'd love to see Evans here, but this is just illogical.

the sad thing is walter probably would have mcculloch at CB and him on the bench.

2 years ago, i was braced for Boumsong leaving in January, same with Cuellar this year.

But Bougherra this year? Nah, no chance, and im as pessimsitic as they come.

This Evans story though, it's intriguing and almost baffling. It has substance, as the various sources confirm, but really? Evans? It just doesnt add up at all, why would Man Utd loan him out?

You mean that McCulloch won't be playing at centre half again.........shame.

Means i won't walk out of Ibrox again..

Went in at 3 saw McCulloch and Run Fat Boy Run was playing and was disgusted......left with 15 to go for first time in my life cos i couldn't believe that was Rangers out there.

McCulloch at centre half and Adam on the park.........why do we bother with a reserve and under 19's side.

Shockin