Give Burke a chance?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give him a chance. Yes he has a lot of off periods but i'm just remembering when he burst onto the scene, we don't have another player that's as good at taking on a player. In mcleish's last season he ended up player of the year after only starting to get played mid season. The matches against Villareal he was awesome. I do think if he gets a chance and blows it that it would be his last though.

I agree I think this weekend we should have Niguez on the left and him on the right. Imagine if they both burst into form it could be fantastic. Burke has blown hot and cold but when he's blown hot he's been very good and so a chance to show he deserves to stay because if he gets back to the 2005/2006 form he had then he could be one hell of a player. Imagine a midfield this weekend of Niguez, Mendes, Davis and Burke with Barry to come on from the bench.

I'd give him a chance. Yes he has a lot of off periods but i'm just remembering when he burst onto the scene, we don't have another player that's as good at taking on a player. In mcleish's last season he ended up player of the year after only starting to get played mid season. The matches against Villareal he was awesome. I do think if he gets a chance and blows it that it would be his last though.

Remember he could not be bothered to track back when their left back scored the equaliser that put us out. He has had far too many chances and 3 good games a season does not justify the risk that he may produce a decent game when he is picked.His absolutely disgraceful performance in the CIS cup final should have been his last appearance for the club at any level.

I agree I think this weekend we should have Niguez on the left and him on the right. Imagine if they both burst into form it could be fantastic. Burke has blown hot and cold but when he's blown hot he's been very good and so a chance to show he deserves to stay because if he gets back to the 2005/2006 form he had then he could be one hell of a player. Imagine a midfield this weekend of Niguez, Mendes, Davis and Burke with Barry to come on from the bench.

Unfortunately I can imagine it as we get horsed in midfield by playing two lightweight wingers and a fairly small pair in the centre and Aberdeen play one up front and use the five in midfield to kick the sh*t out of Mendes and Davis

Ferguson will play from the start, of that there is no doubt. Niguez has been poor in the reserves and plainly isn't ready for the 1st team yet, although he has shown some signs of improvement in the last 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

When did you last see a top side start with 2 natural wingers in a 4-4-2? It's a luxury we can't afford at the moment, but playing with 1 natural wide player shouldn't be. Whether that should be Burke on the right or Beasley on the left is a matter of opinion, but personally I'd prefer to keep Davis in the side, which means Beasley on the left.

I think it's a no brainer which side to put the winger as we can put Davis on the right and supplement the attacking aspect with Whittaker at RB, Davis can help him defensively. If we put the winger on the right we would be talking about Adam or McCulloch at LM with Papac expected to overlap

Ferguson will play from the start, of that there is no doubt. Niguez has been poor in the reserves and plainly isn't ready for the 1st team yet, although he has shown some signs of improvement in the last 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

When did you last see a top side start with 2 natural wingers in a 4-4-2? It's a luxury we can't afford at the moment, but playing with 1 natural wide player shouldn't be. Whether that should be Burke on the right or Beasley on the left is a matter of opinion, but personally I'd prefer to keep Davis in the side, which means Beasley on the left.

I don't think Man utd do too badly playing with wingers. I know Burke and Niguez are hardly Ronaldo and Giggs but it's all relative and the SPL full backs aren't Bosingwa and Cole.

As for Burke tracking back against Villareal, when do you really see Ronaldo, Wright Phillips and Figo tracking back? Nobody would be saying they played a poor game solely because they failed to track back.