Give Burke a chance?

might help us get wide again :craphead:

when will Naisy be back he is another possibility

He's a waste of space - all he's done at Ibrox is take a large wage and gave absolutely hee haw of any importance in return - in my opinion WE SHOULD SHOW HIM THE DOOR!!! I know he'll like come back and score against us but couldn't care less - he's a charlatan!!!

Must say it hurts me to say this but i'd bring Lovenpants back if it were up to me.. aaarrrgghh!! doh

And play him out of position, on the wing, again? He only ever played well for us up front.

Through the middle and up front and yes occassionally on the wing - we lack any real speed and against the better teams that's needed, even against the poorer ones it's a great asset!

Don't like Lovenkrands but we need a player of speed and since Jonathan Johansson went to Edinburgh we're running out of options come January!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is his contract not up in the summer aswell?

God, i hope so - but in that event surely it's an ideal opportunity to ACTUALLY GET SOMETHING OUT OF HIM AS LIKE MANY A CHARLATAN HE ONLY EVER PRODUCED OWT WHEN HIS CONTRACT WAS COMING TO AN END!!!

Give him the 'verbal' promise of a new contract - get SOMETHING out of him and then say BYE BYE YOU'VE DRAINED OUR FINANCES AND GIVEN HEE HAW BACK!! :angry2:

He'll get a chance, play well for 4/5 games get a new contract and go back to his usual pish or pick up a virus that keeps him out for the majority of the season.

Bin him in the January or the summer!

cant stand him tbh :( ive never seen so much of a pussy in all my life,shows glimpses of talent now and again,does nothing consistantly except get injured and faints and shit in the red hot heat of aberdeen doh and youd have thought a sniper had taken him out that game when mcweedy looked at his shoulder and burke collapsed,he couldve gave Willem DaFoe a run for his money at the end of platoon,he just reeks of a guy who wants the money but doesnt want to do anything to justify him getting it.

I agree, he should be starting every week - miles more effective on the right than Davis - way better player out wide than nacho - however, Davis is a good oirish lad and Nacho said no to the 'other lot'

While Burke is seen as one of "them"

So the fact that he is our best out and out winger means nothing to some...

In a recent reserve game I saw Burke looked half decent. But with Davis in the RW position, no other player has a chance.

Please NO!

Wouldn't mind him drifting from the striker position but I would rather sell Naisy than play him in a midfield 4.

cant stand him tbh :( ive never seen so much of a pussy in all my life,shows glimpses of talent now and again,does nothing consistantly except get injured and faints and shit in the red hot heat of aberdeen doh and youd have thought a sniper had taken him out that game when mcweedy looked at his shoulder and burke collapsed,he couldve gave Willem DaFoe a run for his money at the end of platoon,he just reeks of a guy who wants the money but doesnt want to do anything to justify him getting it.

Cannot disagre with any of that and he has had more than enough chances.After his "performance" at Hampden against Dundee Utd last season the prancing fairy should have been thrown out of the club for good.

Just my tuppenceworth on the inevitable Lovenkrands link.

If we comes back and we play him on the wing, I'll cry.

That is all.

I wouldn't be suprised if we made a bid for him in January seeing he's out of contract in the summer.

Just my tuppenceworth on the inevitable Lovenkrands link.

If we comes back and we play him on the wing, I'll cry.

That is all.

I wouldn't be suprised if we made a bid for him in January seeing he's out of contract in the summer.

That makes sense actually. It would be a sidewards step, but hey, that doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

I wouldnt be surprised if we took over his wage in January. He's just so far out of the picture at Schalke.

What i love about Lovenkrands when he's available, is the way his agent comes out with the most absurd news bites. I remember after after that Scottish Cup final, he was apparently being tracked by Inter and Juventus, then the next year it was Roma and teams from Germany. The reality of the whole thing was that there was no Inter/Juventus interest, and the next year there was no Roma interest, the only interest was from Middelsbrough and it was us who actually offered him to them on trial. :D

I absolutely dispise Peter Lovenkrands - he's a shitebag.

I'd see it as a backwards step and wouldn't be suprised to see him played out of position.

Won't be long before his agent and even the shitebag himself is almost begging out for a return to Ibrox.

I'd see it as a backwards step and wouldn't be suprised to see him played out of position.

Won't be long before his agent and even the shitebag himself is almost begging out for a return to Ibrox.

I think he's an alright striker 90% of the time, and i think he's a good striker with a support man (in the Buffel mould) just playing behind him.

I'd rather see us go for someone younger and more exciting though. I just know he'd be played out left if we signed him.

I think he's an alright striker 90% of the time, and i think he's a good striker with a support man (in the Buffel mould) just playing behind him.

I'd rather see us go for someone younger and more exciting though. I just know he'd be played out left if we signed him.

aw FFS nae merr old players comin' back, he only played when his contrsct was due for renewal

If Beasley, Adam and McCulloch can get a game in the first team, then Chris Burke deserves a chance.

People seem to forget at one stage Chris Burke was rated as a better player than Aiden McGeady.

Problem is Walter picks 11 players and then fits them into the tactic. With centre mid's wide on the right, strikers out on the left, centre backs at fullback and Lee McCulloch at the back.

I would love to see us play our best TEAM, with natural wide players and full backs. Might not be the best 11 players that get a game, but thats football. If its good enough for 99% of the teams in the World, why cant we do it?