Steven Smith to leave

andyboy66

I posted how he got on in the last couple of reserve matches(my mate goes to them)but I can't remember if I said he was playing well or if he was awful?

Even if he has been playing poor in the reserves, you can hardly judge him on that!

Lee McCulloch and Charlie Adam have been poor in the reserves this season yet still played in the 1st team.

I agree but you know yourself after the length of time Smith has been out with Injury. It's highly unlikely he going at 1st team level :(

I agree and I think it's time to move him on.

Such a shame - on his day he was easily better player than both Broadfoot and Papac.

Rubbish. :rolleyes:

Easily better. Papac had a good season last season but has been slightly dissappointing this season. Broadfoot is shite.

Both should not be the future of Rangers!

Probably the best for both parties to part company, It's sad how his Career has panned out.

Before Smith got injured, he did look like he a great future at the Rangers and IMO had the makings to be a future captain.

If he does go in Jan i wish him all the best :beer2:

Exactly could have been a great, another wasted Scottish talent.

I will be accused of heresy but I never rated Smith as a left back. I thought his positioning was consistently very poor and allowed his opponents far too much time and space to measure crosses. He made Ivan Sproule look like a £5 million player because he never stayed wide. He did not seem to realise that although full backs have to tuck in to central defence he should not do so when the attack is coming down his side. A lot of people loved him because he was a young home grown player and especially because of his agressive last ditch tackles but again he had to do so because of his poor postional play.

However, what I believed and still believe is that he would be the answer to our left midfield problem.

I know I criticise Walter for his penchant for playing people out of position but I am sure that this would be the best position for Stevie Smith.He has the tenacity, and can whip in good crosses and although not the best defender could do the job of tracking back a lot better than Beasley, Lafferty,Whittaker, Adam or McCulloch.

Shame, I reckon if he kept the same potential he was showing before his horrible run of injuries he could have been a class apart from Papac.

I'll always look out for him in his career if he does leave.

shame if true , I feel get him back to full fitness given a wee run could be an asset but if he goes he goes with my best wishes and hope all goes well for him in the future

never heard the boy complain once :clap::clap:

This was denied by Walter a few weeks ago.

Is that the same Walter that said Cuellar was going no-where 48 hours before he left...

Using Cuellar as an example is not a good choice, as it was Cuellar who instigated a buy out clause in his contract to move to the EPL, right under the nose of both Walter and Murray.

Don't really believe anything I hear on Real Radio as most of the time they just talk rubbish, if it happens it happens, and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me as Papac has signed a new deal, Whittaker is getting back to fitness and Broadfoot can play anywhere along the back line.