Charlie Adam.....are we being unfair ?

Adam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My main gripe with Adam is that i know he does have talent. But instead of training his fat arse off and doing something about it, he acts like a Billy Big boots with all the young team (FACT) in training and is a total wido.

At the recent OF reserve game, before the match, he was pinging balls into the players in the stand who didnt get a game and when he came on at half time, he wanted to take every dead ball and was SHITE at it. Wee fleck had been previously taking them to good effect.

Fatty Adam actually turned the game in Celtics favour despite being the most experienced player on the park.

I admire big guys like Broadfoot who have the "limited" ability but train and work really hard every day to try and compensate. I know (FACT) that Weir has said big Kirk is the best trainer he has ever played alongside and the big man is first in and last out most days as he tries to force the managerial team not to drop him.

If Adam, and Boyd for that matter had the same drive, they could be fukcing major stars.

:angry2:

I'm not trying to say what you are saying is incorrect here bud but did I not read an interview with Broadfoot that himself and Boyd carshare to go to training, if that is the case then how can one be there without the other? (It's possible that Boyd hangs about the canteen while Kirk does his extra training I suppose but then would Boyd not get a bit pissed off waiting for him all the time?)

Not looking for an argument here bud, it's possible I'm doing the old classic 2 + 2 = 5 :bouncy:

My main gripe with Adam is that i know he does have talent. But instead of training his fat arse off and doing something about it, he acts like a Billy Big boots with all the young team (FACT) in training and is a total wido.

At the recent OF reserve game, before the match, he was pinging balls into the players in the stand who didnt get a game and when he came on at half time, he wanted to take every dead ball and was SHITE at it. Wee fleck had been previously taking them to good effect.

Fatty Adam actually turned the game in Celtics favour despite being the most experienced player on the park.

I admire big guys like Broadfoot who have the "limited" ability but train and work really hard every day to try and compensate. I know (FACT) that Weir has said big Kirk is the best trainer he has ever played alongside and the big man is first in and last out most days as he tries to force the managerial team not to drop him.

If Adam, and Boyd for that matter had the same drive, they could be fukcing major stars.

I'm not trying to say what you are saying is incorrect here bud but did I not read an interview with Broadfoot that himself and Boyd carshare to go to training, if that is the case then how can one be there without the other? (It's possible that Boyd hangs about the canteen while Kirk does his extra training I suppose but then would Boyd not get a bit pissed off waiting for him all the time?)

Not looking for an argument here bud, it's possible I'm doing the old classic 2 + 2 = 5 :bouncy:

Maybe Kris is doing more training and that's why we are seeing a noticeable improvement from him I dunno

Yes he took the corners and im not on here to moan about him

just want to know how he got 2 assists.

I find that hard to work out as well. At the game I thought his corners, as always, were poorly hit and the goals were scrappy and had little to do with Adam.

Watching the highlights, the first corner was put into a decent area but should have been cleared easily.As it was, several mishits and nudges from 3 or 4 players got it close to the line for JCD stub it into the net; so not an Adam assist.

The second corner was a poor delivery, which was missed by the defender and either missed or dummied by Lafferty before Boyd scored; again I would not judge it as an Adam assist directly.

Maybe Kris is doing more training and that's why we are seeing a noticeable improvement from him I dunno

And, maybe, he always was and, well, someones source forgot to tell them prior to them posting about his laziness!

:craphead:

I find that hard to work out as well. At the game I thought his corners, as always, were poorly hit and the goals were scrappy and had little to do with Adam.

Watching the highlights, the first corner was put into a decent area but should have been cleared easily.As it was, several mishits and nudges from 3 or 4 players got it close to the line for JCD stub it into the net; so not an Adam assist.

The second corner was a poor delivery, which was missed by the defender and either missed or dummied by Lafferty before Boyd scored; again I would not judge it as an Adam assist directly.

Regardless of which, if he played the ball in, its an assist.

Nothing says it needs to be a beautifully flighted cultured cross onto the forehead of the handsome centre forward which he can then header and accentuate the move with his flowing golden locks

Unless carlsberg have started doing goals and I missed the memo

Adam has talent, but clearly lacks motivation to become a first class athlete.

One thing is certain - he'll never perform better for Rangers with supporters on his back. I never did understand why some think screaming abuse at a player might help him play better.

Well you kinda answered your own point there. Im sure there are loads they can be doing at MP, but to be fair, Weir said it at the tail end of last season so dont know if the car sharing thing is new but i do know that Kirk and Weir would continue to do some work after the rest had finished (tu)

Nothing says it needs to be a beautifully flighted cultured cross onto the forehead of the handsome centre forward which he can then header and accentuate the move with his flowing golden locks

I just wanted to see your answer as i already know the answer myself.

Charlie Adam took the corners. Now if JCD and Boyd scored directly after Adam crossing the ball then yes Adam would get the assist.

Adam might have got the 2nd assist as i think the ball went straight through via a bounce to Boyd.

But last time i checked the 1st goal was put in after a big scramble where boyd poked the ball goalwards. Thus giving him the assist.

Well you kinda answered your own point there. Im sure there are loads they can be doing at MP, but to be fair, Weir said it at the tail end of last season so dont know if the car sharing thing is new but i do know that Kirk and Weir would continue to do some work after the rest had finished (tu)

Fair enough bud, fan's forums eh, you can't get one thing said without someone saying another, with either one side (or both) in some cases going on posts made earlier, all based on comments made either in a magazine, a paper, a source or from the actual player when they bumped into them while out getting the milk and bread! :craphead:

One thing is certain - he'll never perform better for Rangers with supporters on his back. I never did understand why some think screaming abuse at a player might help him play better.

Adam is natrually unathletic IMO. Not saying he can't be fitter but he'll never be an athlete. Couldn't agree more with your second comment.

Charlie Adam took the corners. Now if JCD and Boyd scored directly after Adam crossing the ball then yes Adam would get the assist.

Adam might have got the 2nd assist as i think the ball went straight through via a bounce to Boyd.

But last time i checked the 1st goal was put in after a big scramble where boyd poked the ball goalwards. Thus giving him the assist.

Ah, I see, cool. I admire the pedantic nature of the initial question then (tu)

I love how "we" do that. Try so so hard to find the smallest, most insignificant, minute detail we can to make something LESS relevant, or, less positive, and, play down anything that is achieved by anyone!

Adam is natrually unathletic IMO. Not saying he can't be fitter but he'll never be an athlete. Couldn't agree more with your second comment.

very true mate

(ouch, that hurt)

same thing was said about Wayne Rooney look at him now...just shows you what you can achieve through sheer graft

I love how "we" do that. Try so so hard to find the smallest, most insignificant, minute detail we can to make something LESS relevant, or, less positive, and, play down anything that is achieved by anyone!

not really. youve argued that charlie adam should not be picked on due to the fact he got two assists at the weekend.

nothing wrong with proving someone, who thinks there using facts, wrong is there??

No we r not being unfair adam is 1 of the worst players i've ever seen at ibrox nd i huv had season ticket 4 8 years

K the goals were from his corners but 9/10 his corners dinae get past the 1st man

he thinks he is amazin u c him trying the spectacular pass or shot nd 9/10 they r oot 4 throw in or in row z

Get him away from rangers

Watching the highlights on the telly a couple of nights ago and our Charlie was involved with both goals and contributed a fair bit in terms of good passing and delivery. Now he still needs to lose the buldge and get on the treadmill and learn how to run. But everything that was shown on the highlight reel of A Rangers attack had Charlie involved at some point...

I think I am slowly falling back into the "go on charlie fight for ur shirt and get fit cos you have something....dare I say talent" category again...Have I become the first Charlie Adam lover? we have Boyd lovers or haters, Fergie Lovers or haters, Walter lovers or haters, Murray lovers or haters....

I am going to get ripped to shreds for this arnt I?

No , it's all about opinions

I personally think he has ability but uses it very poorly , his choice of passing is at times embarassing , a simple pass would be fine , but he tries a 40 yarder , you are not a bad player when you reach that level of football , buy I do not think he should be anywhere near our 1st team at the moment

not really. youve argued that charlie adam should not be picked on due to the fact he got two assists at the weekend.

nothing wrong with proving someone, who thinks there using facts, wrong is there??

No i didnt haha

I wouldnt pick Adam in my side unless I was forced to. The only point I argued was the fact that he is picked on for attempting to be creative. SOMEONE has to be. Fair enough, 9 times out of 10 it doesnt come off, but, doesnt change the fact he tries something different. Also is picked on due to his looks, and, anything else anyone cares to make up, as are several other players

I also mentioned the assists as a fact that, how can an assist, however loosely, be a BAD thing? (foolishly forgetting the player mentioned)

Watching the highlights on the telly a couple of nights ago and our Charlie was involved with both goals and contributed a fair bit in terms of good passing and delivery. Now he still needs to lose the buldge and get on the treadmill and learn how to run. But everything that was shown on the highlight reel of A Rangers attack had Charlie involved at some point...

I think I am slowly falling back into the "go on charlie fight for ur shirt and get fit cos you have something....dare I say talent" category again...Have I become the first Charlie Adam lover? we have Boyd lovers or haters, Fergie Lovers or haters, Walter lovers or haters, Murray lovers or haters....

I agree he fights for the jersy, but thats as far as it goes....not Rangers class. :rangers:

Unfair doh its fookin unfair we have tae watch him he's worse than brutal , hope you got yer tin hat on bud :mutley:

same thing was said about Wayne Rooney look at him now...just shows you what you can achieve through sheer graft

but wayne rooney is top class, and adam is a poor player.