John Fleck

Bobby83

Think about it, hes out best prospect in ages.

EPL teams are bringing their kids in at 17. WS won't play him this season - we know that.

So if Walter doesn't leave till the season after next he will be 19 before he starts a game.

Think what that will do to his development.

We play in a back-water, shitey league as shown on Sat - There is no risk in bringing this guy on or even starting him - hes built like a tank FFS. And has more technique than most our first team.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he'll be wasted, but I'm a big believer of the 'if he's good enough, he's old enough'.

And there's no way you're telling me that he's any worse than Charlie Adam. Adding to that, he's got the build of a powerful 22 year old, so there's no grounds for him to be left out over the 'strength' argument.

I think he is being held back for his own good tbh.

I'd like to see him getting time from the bench. A lot of clubs (I'm thinking Accies here) play there young prodigys because they need to.

In terms of the SPL we have the financial clout to let them come slowly. Look how many great young players bloodied early have then went off the boil before they reach their physical peak.

I'd have him on the bench every week - he's shown in both training and in the games he's played in the 1st team that he can handle it.

I think we'll see him this season at some stage.

what ever happened to wee Steve Lennon? he looked promising as well.

He usually makes the bench. But that senile old clown we have as a manager wont throw him on any time soon

:lol:

Says the senile clown who has clearly forgotten where Lennon is....

if Smith remains the manager, Fleck will be wasted (tu)

Once Fleck is fully fit he'll be back on the bench. He will surely be given some game time this season if he keeps progressing. Smith gave him his first team debut and has promoted him from the under 19 side as he reckons he's too good. He was making the bench before his injury and I'm sure Smith said he'd be used in the first team this season. I don't think it's fair to make such a sweeping statement claiming he'll be "wasted" with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Once Fleck is fully fit he'll be back on the bench. He will surely be given some game time this season if he keeps progressing. Smith gave him his first team debut and has promoted him from the under 19 side as he reckons he's too good. He was making the bench before his injury and I'm sure Smith said he'd be used in the first team this season. I don't think it's fair to make such a sweeping statement claiming he'll be "wasted" with absolutely nothing to back it up.

A complete distrust for any player coming through our youth system, is what I back my assumption up with. Hes a shite bag, will never take the 'risk', yet will play passengers every game and of course his favourites.

He was getting game time at senior level and playing the reserves an awful lot, but he picked up an injury a while back and only just started playing in the last couple of weeks back at the under 19 level, and as he is still young I think that's the best idea so he doesn't get ruined through injury.

A complete distrust for any player coming through our youth system, is what I back my assumption up with. Hes a shite bag, will never take the 'risk', yet will play passengers every game and of course his favourites.

Yet Aaron got game time on Saturday... :rolleyes:

Yet Aaron got game time on Saturday... :rolleyes:

10mins to go and 4-5 goals up. Even at that he probvably did so grudingly.

Fleck's still a little bit immature; he lunges into tackles like a madman and gets frustrated really easily.

In time. (tu)

you have just described rooney too

john fleck should be on our bench for the rest of the season if he continues to be consistent with the under 19's / reserves, now he's fit from injury again

i believe he wont be wasted but he will not get a run of games under walter until he is 19/20(if he is still here) he might think(and rightly so) he will get games elsewhere!

Barry Ferguson was ready when he was 17 but Smith never gave him a start until 2 months before his 20th birthday. He then held him so far back that Ferguson was probably going to go. Just as well Advocaat could spot a £7.5 million Premiership Captain in Bazza. (tu)