Was Arshavin ever linked with us ?

NOLUWDC

Andrei Arshavin is far too good for Spurs or Rangers, Dick Advocaat said last night.

The unsettled Russian star has been linked to both clubs in recent weeks, but Advocaat, his boss at Zenit St Petersburg, said a move abroad would do him good - as long as it was to a better club.

Arshavin's form has vanished since his unsucessful bid to join Spurs in the Summer.

Now Advocaat said they will let him go following his substitution in Wednesday's Champions League game with Real Madrid's which Zenit lost 3-0.

Advocaat told Sport Express newspaper: 'As a manager I would like Arshavin to stay but as a person I realise that he deserves more.

'But Andrei is too good for Spurs or Rangers. It would be better for him to stay in St Petersburg than to go to London or Glasgow. Tottenham has a fine reputation but I doubt that Arshavin will want to move there.

'I do not want to offend Roman Pavlyuchenko, but in my opinion Arshavin is a much classier player. He needs to move to a really great club.

'He didn't show his best form recently. For St Petersburg he doesn't perform as strongly as he used to.

'For me it's obvious that Zenit must let him go. I'm sure that as soon as he joins one of the European giants there will be no problems with his motivation at all.

'In fact he'll probably do even better than he did at Zenit.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

:baffled:

Never heard of us being linked to him in my life <cr>

Van bronkhorst, Numan, R De Boer, Gazza, Laudo etc were all good enough for Rangers so why not Arshavin ? (not that we could afford Arshavin anyway)

It looks as if its just another journo looking to shit stir. :rolleyes:

Van bronkhorst, Numan, R De Boer, Gazza, Laudo etc were all good enough for rangers so why talk shite Dick ? (not that we could afford Arshavin anyway)

Please don't tell me you're actually taking the apparent Advocaat quotes seriously.

Van bronkhorst, Numan, R De Boer, Gazza, Laudo etc were all good enough for rangers so why talk shite Dick ? (not that we could afford Arshavin anyway)

Please don't tell me you're actually taking the apparent Advocaat quotes seriously.

Dont be daft mate (tu)

From Don Cowie, Graham Gartland and Dean Shields, not being able to offer Kirk Broadfoot the rise he wants to Andrei Arshavin :lol:

When you put it like that mate, it's :lol: right enough.

It does say on an ad on telly text tonight for that premium rate transfer number "Rangers close to sealing 100k a week European class act" .....ok then :lol:

From Don Cowie, Graham Gartland and Dean Shields, not being able to offer Kirk Broadfoot the rise he wants to Andrei Arshavin :lol:

When you put it like that mate, it's :lol: right enough.

It does say on an ad on telly text tonight for that premium rate transfer number "Rangers close to sealing 100k a week European class act" .....ok then :lol:

Phone it and find out who!

I mind I did that when I was about 10, parents went mental when they saw the phone bill!

p.s we were meant to be signing Deco then :lol:

We must have had made contact for dick advocaat to say that :lol:

Maybe a loan while zenit have their end of season break?

That makes perfect sense except for the fact that A) They've agreed to let him leave and there are about 5 clubs willing to offer upwards of £15M for him in January and B) The player himself would probably rather contract the Ebola virus than come to the SPL.

I don't understand why people are trying to take some sort of rationality out of this article. Infact, i hate myself for reading it in the first place.

That makes perfect sense except for the fact that A) They've agreed to let him leave and there are about 5 clubs willing to offer upwards of £15M for him in January and B) The player himself would probably rather contract the Ebola virus than come to the SPL.

I don't understand why people are trying to take some sort of rationality out of this article. Infact, i hate myself for reading it in the first place.

hence the :lol: in the post.

:lol:

It's pathetic but you got to laugh at some and especially the writer, William Stewart.

And another thing, Dick Advocaat would never say that!

Andrei Arshavin is far too good for Spurs or Rangers, Dick Advocaat said last night.

The unsettled Russian star has been linked to both clubs in recent weeks, but Advocaat, his boss at Zenit St Petersburg, said a move abroad would do him good - as long as it was to a better club.

Arshavin's form has vanished since his unsucessful bid to join Spurs in the Summer.

Now Advocaat said they will let him go following his substitution in Wednesday's Champions League game with Real Madrid's which Zenit lost 3-0.

Out of sorts: Arshavin (left) has failed to recreate the form the set Euro 2008 alight following a disappointing season at Zenit

Out of sorts: Arshavin (left) has failed to recreate the form the set Euro 2008 alight, following a disappointing season at Zenit

Advocaat told Sport Express newspaper: 'As a manager I would like Arshavin to stay but as a person I realise that he deserves more.

'But Andrei is too good for Spurs or Rangers. It would be better for him to stay in St Petersburg than to go to London or Glasgow. Tottenham has a fine reputation but I doubt that Arshavin will want to move there.

'I do not want to offend Roman Pavlyuchenko, but in my opinion Arshavin is a much classier player. He needs to move to a really great club.

'He didn't show his best form recently. For St Petersburg he doesn't perform as strongly as he used to.

'For me it's obvious that Zenit must let him go. I'm sure that as soon as he joins one of the European giants there will be no problems with his motivation at all.

'In fact he'll probably do even better than he did at Zenit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...rs-Rangers.html

'

When were we linked with Arshavin? <cr>