Was Arshavin ever linked with us ?

NOLUWDC

Perfect foil for Dean Shiels :pipe:

aye him and ian black and dean sheils what a midfeild ? :rolleyes:

Ian Black is actually a very good player. Not good enough for Rangers but someone will get a good deal when he leaves ICT for free in the summer.

Perfect foil for Dean Shiels :pipe:

aye him and ian black and dean sheils what a midfeild ? :rolleyes:

Ian Black is actually a very good player. Not good enough for Rangers but someone will get a good deal when he leaves ICT for free in the summer.

Was at a reserve match last year when Black was screaming with frustration because Fleck outplayed him with skill and virtually bullied him out of the game with strength and pace. Black was happy to be hooked but he is a decent player for a club with a lower level of expectation.

Advocaat, who managed the Scottish club, believes that Arshavin, who became the subject of intense speculation in the summer after his bravura performances for Russia at Euro 2008, should look to join one of the premier European clubs.

Real Madrid have expressed an interest in the past and Advocate will advise his player to pursue that avenue if the possibility still exists.

“As a manager I would like Arshavin to stay but as a person I realise that he deserves more,” said Advocaat.

“But Andrei is too good for Spurs or Rangers. It would be better for him to stay in St Petersburg than to go to London or Glasgow. Tottenham has a fine reputation but I doubt that Arshavin will want to move there.

“I do not want to offend Roman Pavlyuchenko, but in my opinion Arshavin is a much classier player. He needs to move to a really great club. He didn’t show his best form recently. For St Petersburg he doesn’t perform as strongly as he used to.”

Meanwhile, reports in the Daily Mirror suggest that Arshavin’s national team colleague Pavlyuchenko may be forced out of White Hart Lane as manager Harry Redknapp looks to fund his own ambitious transfer plans.

Pavlyuchenko has scored seven times for Tottenham this season, including five since Redknapp took charge, but the manager is believed to remain unconvinced of his quality.

The same paper also claims that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has placed a £20 million price tag on winger Aaron Lennon, to ward off interest from former manager Juande Ramos, now at Real Madrid.

were rangers ever linked with buying arshavin? why did dick mention rangers?