Whats with all the Charlie adam hate

davierangers

okay seen i have mellowed over the last year, i will change it to charlie is not a good player. :P

Minst old friend, you of all people know where I am coming from as to how bears should conduct themsleves yeah?

yes mate you cant beat the old school. (tu)

100% the young ones could learn to behave, i find it an embarrassment mate

TBH it's not all the younger bears that could learn a few things, some of the Older Bears need to wake up as well :rangers:

Aye, thats true DB, but, then again, according to Muff, I am "someone like you", so, allmy posts, or, threads I comment in become deleted, without him answering to "what I am", and, at the risk of getting personall. I am wondering what his fucking problem is!

Then again, I am surely a tim eh? even though I held a season book longer than he has been alive!

Having a Season Ticket doesn't make you more or less of a fan.

As i've said in the past, i gave up my season ticket after the PLG scandal (as a protest and i'll not be back till SDM leaves).

One thing is for sure you ain't a Tim :beer2:

hehe, if i was a tim, i wuld kill myself haha

Really? You did, if i could afford the travel, I would still have one, bt, my wee girl takes precedence

Yep Really, the club has lost a good number of bears that are making a wee bit of a stand (tu)

Made a thread at the time and got shot down, Just like my Barry threads!

Infact most of the threads popping up the now, is things i was getting slated / sniff,sniff treatment at the time it was happening, Funny how things change :lol:

Yeah, weird that eh DB

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate Charlie at all,i just don't believe he is good enough for Rangers.

I hope he does leave and has a good career elsewhere...........the boy is out of shape and too slow but that's no reason to hate him,some people take it too far plus it's Walter who picks him he doesn't pick himself.

I've never seen anyone manage to always pick the wrong pass or hit the ball into row Z when he should have passed as Adam...he's meant to be decent at set pieces but more often than not its always a wasted opportunity. You've had your time Adam...time to move on to somewhere more suited to your level of football.

"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him"

Martin Luther King (1929 - 1968)

NOTTINGHAM FOREST will attempt to take Charlie Adam off Rangers' payroll when the January sales open.

The midfielder is one of a number of players to have been told they can leave Ibrox in the transfer window if the right offer comes in.

Adam is just two seasons into a five-year contract but has failed to find a regular place in Walter Smith's side and the manager wants to cash in on him to bring in new faces to bolster their title hopes.

Forest have watched both 22-year-old Adam and Chris Burke, who is also available for transfer, many times.

Adam's agent, Kenny Moyes, said: "Rangers have to listen to offers for anyone because they want to bring in new people.

"I know there have been a number of clubs watching Charlie so I don't think he'll be struggling to find himself a new club." :rolleyes:

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/2008/12...86908-20964420/

The guy is only 23/24 he's had some good games in the champions league, good old firm matches.

I think he would do good in a more central midfield role

hel never get played in his right position so hes aswell away said on the radio that notts forrest are about to make a bid for him

Cause he's an arsehole. And also not a very good footballer either into the bargain.

And your opinion counts?

the hate is symptomatic of out younger fans turning into tims

Have to say outlaw, I'm a bit irked at all this 'don't be nasty to players stuff'.

The players were 100 times more down to Earth 'back in the day', they spoke to fans and they weren't on £10k a week. Now of course, they are and due to this we expect a shitload more from them.

We don't expect players to be in the awful state that Adam finds himself in as soon as a strict fitness coach left the club, but neither do I expect a player of such low standard to be given a 5 year deal after a few decent free kicks against Hibs, so maybe it's not all his fault.

Adam has taken us for a ride since he was given that contract. The performance he put in against Zeta at Ibrox was the WORST performance I've seen from a Rangers player in my time supporting the club, but it was no surprise given it was 4 weeks after I'd had to carry him off the road (kebab in hand) pissed out his face in Magaluf. He appears to think he has the passing ability of a Beckham/Rijkaard mutant, when really I think I've seen lads down at Wishaw Sports Centre with equal ability.

With other shite players like Sebo, at least he was trying his arse off. Even Boyd (who certainly ISN'T pish) has put the effort in recently and you can see the effect it's having on his overall game.

Charlie's still blowing out his arse after 70 minutes of games and I just don't think it's good enough. I'm sure the fact that he's going to get between £6-8k a week for the next 3 years whatever happens means that he can deal with our criticisms.

Aren't we just messageboard morons, after all? :rolleyes:

Some of the personal comments that have been made about Charlie are out of order, members on here would in time be put in pre-mod, have their warn levels raised etc if it was against another member, therefore we should show the same respect to someone who currently plays for us.

Yes we can be critical of performances, our perception of fitness levels etc, but to openly abuse a player is out of order.

The majority of members on here don't actually hate him per se, but the majority probably agree that he just isn't good enough for Rangers. We have better midfielders than him, and we have better younger players than him slowly coming through the ranks, so basically he doesn't have a future anymore at Rangers if the rumours are true that he's been told he can find a new club.

Ok, I'd prefer a player who isn't someone who can be a big head and someone who doesn't some respect to certain members of the general public.

I'd expect a Rangers player to be humble and to show some respect who need help. I think thats much nicer and more restrained.

Cause he's an arsehole. And also not a very good footballer either into the bargain.

And your opinion counts?

Have to say outlaw, I'm a bit irked at all this 'don't be nasty to players stuff'.

The players were 100 times more down to Earth 'back in the day', they spoke to fans and they weren't on £10k a week. Now of course, they are and due to this we expect a shitload more from them.

We don't expect players to be in the awful state that Adam finds himself in as soon as a strict fitness coach left the club, but neither do I expect a player of such low standard to be given a 5 year deal after a few decent free kicks against Hibs, so maybe it's not all his fault.

Adam has taken us for a ride since he was given that contract. The performance he put in against Zeta at Ibrox was the WORST performance I've seen from a Rangers player in my time supporting the club, but it was no surprise given it was 4 weeks after I'd had to carry him off the road (kebab in hand) pissed out his face in Magaluf. He appears to think he has the passing ability of a Beckham/Rijkaard mutant, when really I think I've seen lads down at Wishaw Sports Centre with equal ability.

With other shite players like Sebo, at least he was trying his arse off. Even Boyd (who certainly ISN'T pish) has put the effort in recently and you can see the effect it's having on his overall game.

Charlie's still blowing out his arse after 70 minutes of games and I just don't think it's good enough. I'm sure the fact that he's going to get between £6-8k a week for the next 3 years whatever happens means that he can deal with our criticisms.

Irked? What a fantastic word.

I totally see where you are coming from, but at the same time, I think PIB summed it up well in the post after yours.

For me, its not so much that its aimed at a player etc, its the way we, as a whole, are conducting ourselves these days. I just expect better from Bears, thats all.

Ok, I'd prefer a player who isn't someone who can be a big head and someone who doesn't some respect to certain members of the general public.

I'd expect a Rangers player to be humble and to show some respect who need help. I think thats much nicer and more restrained.

I take it mate this was a personal incident involving either yourself or someone you know, in that case you have every right to be aggrieved about the behaviour of a professional footballer or for anyone else for that matter?

And your opinion counts?

Irked? What a fantastic word.

I totally see where you are coming from, but at the same time, I think PIB summed it up well in the post after yours.

For me, its not so much that its aimed at a player etc, its the way we, as a whole, are conducting ourselves these days. I just expect better from Bears, thats all.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I wouldn't want to knife the guy as some on here sound like they would, but I really would drive him to whatever club wants him :pipe:

I work with a forest fan, hes quite happy about it tbh

Thing is, Burke on form (i know we hardly see that ever) isnt a bad winger, and, Adam isnt a bad player in the middle, we just dont use him there, and have far better options. I dont mind them going though

I take it mate this was a personal incident involving either yourself or someone you know, in that case you have every right to be aggrieved about the behaviour of a professional footballer or for anyone else for that matter?

True.

And your opinion counts?

Have to agree papaguy. I'm not one for the bold or outlandish comments but his performance against Zeta is perhaps the worst I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey. At the time I remember saying to a friend that a training cone couldn't have done any worse.

Don't highly rate Adam. I think he's an average to good player with a resonably good goal ratio. But his decision making on the pitch is truley awful. Almost always the wrong pass or the right pass too late and so on.....

Interesting goals to game ratio comparison with Ferguson below albeit, snaffled from Wikie:

Years Club App (Gls)*

1994–2003 Rangers 152 (24)

2003–2005 Blackburn Rovers 036 0(3)

2005– Rangers 123 (18)

Years Club App (Gls)*

2003– Rangers 57 0(13)

2004–2005 → Ross County (loan) 11 00(2)

2005–2006 → St Mirren (loan) 30 00(5)

Don't highly rate Adam, far from it but I think he's an average to good player with a reasonably good goal ratio. But his decision making on the pitch is truely awful. Almost always the wrong pass or the right pass too late and so on.....

Interesting goals to game ratio comparison with Ferguson below albeit, snaffled from Wikie:

Years Club App (Gls)*

1994–2003 Rangers 152 (24)

2003–2005 Blackburn Rovers 036 0(3)

2005– Rangers 123 (18)

Years Club App (Gls)*

2003– Rangers 57 0(13)

2004–2005 → Ross County (loan) 11 00(2)

2005–2006 → St Mirren (loan) 30 00(5)