Can Lee McCulloch really be better than Christian Dailly?

Boab

At Centre back? Talking generally and not just tomorrow with Magic 'a slight doubt'

Now, I'm no massive Christian Dailly fan, but putting aside the argument of a younger Murray Park defender being better than Lee, surely one would use Dailly as he's played in defence for the best part of ten years at Premiership and International level?

Or is that too simple for our manager?

At Centre back?

Now, I'm no massive Christian Dailly fan, but putting aside the argument of a younger Murray Park defender being better than Lee, surely one would use Dailly as he's played in defence for the best part of ten years?

Or is that too simple for our manager?

Either way if Bougherra isn't playing tommorow we are looking at a very very slow defence.

Dailly is anything but perfect, but his performance at centre back in the 2-0 victory over Sporting Lisbon proved that he is more than able to fill the "last-ditch centre half back-up" role for another year at SPL level.

It's just such an unnecessary risk to deploy McCulloch there. Dailly and McMillan are much more polished in the position.

I don't rate either Dailly or McCulloch but I'd rather have Dailly in there. There is just no need at all to play Lee McCulloch at CB.

It's an idea that should never even of entered our managers head.

I'd have anyone in there ahead of Dailly. His last first team appearance was against kaunas, and although the whole team were shocking, it was him that needlessly gave away a corner, and then gave them the freekick that led to both goals. Hope that I never have the displeasure of seeing him in a first team game again

Can't stand Dailly - every tackle is a foul. With our ability to defend set pieces at the moment we can't afford that. I'd rather play McCulloch (or Brroadfoot). Actually I'd rather play someone else completely but that's not an option

Lots of strikers have went on to play at centre-half, so why shouldn't McCulloch? We don't have anything to judge him by in this position except for 1 fairly easy game when he coped well enough (unless you watched the reserve games), whereas the coaching staff see all the players every day in training, so who's best placed to judge?

I'd prefer Broadfoot in there, but I don't think he's trained for a week or 2 so that might rule him out?