Redknapp happy to let Hutton go

sydneyblue

I'd love it beyond words if Hutton came back.

World class right back.

But I guess he's on around 40K at Spurs - we can't exactly afford that.

I would welcome Hutton back with open arms, but he really isnt even close to being world class.

Yes he is. His storming runs in the CL last season were what alerted Ramos to him in the first place. Not to mention the fee, 9M - how many right backs cost that kind of money and aren't close to being world class? Bosingwa - 13M. Alvez, about 20M.

All 3 world class imo.

The likes of Ramos, Alves and Maicon are world class, Hutton isnt. He is still poor defensively and is prone to being caught by pace on the counter. He has a lot of flaws in his game that are still yet to be ironed out.

Glen Johnson who i also rate highly, will cost them more than Hutton, that doesnt mean he's world class either.

Do you consider Bosingwa world class?

I'm undecided on Bosingwa. After the Euro's and during his first outings for Chelsea then i would have said yes, but from what i've seen of him since then, no.

Well herein lies the point - over the space of only 3 months you've gone from yes to no. This shows how subjective the term world class actually is.

And maybe how meaningless it is based on different peoples' opinions.

I say all 5 of the players we've mentioned are world class. Bosingwa might just be the best RB around imo.

But that IS just my opinion ;)

Fair enough, it's a classic case of agreeing to disagree.

I do agree with you when you say that the term world class is subjective though. Heh, start a debate about Francesco Totti and that will be proved within the first 10 replies. :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

redknapp wants to bring johnson in and he has back up in corluka and maybe even finnan in january i would love to see hutton back maybe this january is the best time to buy him back he's injured and not first choice that would reduce his price tag but weather we could afford his reduced price tag is another question?

redknapp wants to bring johnson in and he has back up in corluka and maybe even finnan in january i would love to see hutton back maybe this january is the best time to buy him back he's injured and not first choice that would reduce his price tag but weather we could afford his reduced price tag is another question?

We couldn't sign him in January as he would fail his medical.

This shows how subjective the term world class actually is.

That's true. To me it means the creme da la creme....players that would be under consideration for a world squad. I think it's pointless applying the term to any Tom, Dick or Soti. ;)

At the end of the day are there really more 5 right backs in the world you'd rather have at rangers?

In terms of ability I'd rather have any of the following:

Maicon

Jose Boswinga

Sergio Ramos

Glen Johnson

Aleksandr Anyukov

Miguel

Darijo Srna

Vedran Corluka

Dani Alves

Rafinha

Gonzalo Castro

François Clerc

However not one of those players would ever be a feesable target for us so Hutton would have to do :pipe:

At the end of the day are there really more 5 right backs in the world you'd rather have at rangers?

In terms of ability I'd rather have any of the following:

Maicon

Jose Boswinga

Sergio Ramos

Glen Johnson

Aleksandr Anyukov

Miguel

Vedran Corluka

Dani Alves

Rafinha

Gonzalo Castro

François Clerc

However not one of those players would ever be a feesable target for us so Hutton would have to do :pipe:

there is a lot in this statement that would influence me in still bringing hutton in instead of several on this list in term of passion and determination allied to his ability I rate hutton higher thn several on this list, especially in the blue of rangers...

there is a lot in this statement that would influence me in still bringing hutton in instead of several on this list in term of passion and determination allied to his ability I rate hutton higher thn several on this list, especially in the blue of rangers...

Likely to stay a lot longer as well.

I'm not saying that an on-form Hutton is too good for us, but he could go far better places than Glasgow.

Surely though if he was "forced out" then he would be dying to come back??

Would you be keen to work for a company again that forced you out the door? Especially if the new job you've got is a hell of a lot better paid?

I'm not saying that an on-form Hutton is too good for us, but he could go far better places than Glasgow.

Would you be keen to work for a company again that forced you out the door? Especially if the new job you've got is a hell of a lot better paid?

Well if you wanted to come back up to scotland and your only other alternative was celtic, would you?

Well if you wanted to come back up to scotland and your only other alternative was celtic, would you?

Who would want to come back after escaping? :craphead:

Homesickness is a hell of a thing, believe me,

I would love to see Hutton back.

Hutton and Davis on the right would be immense, so much energy and drive.

I just hope we can magic the money from somewhere!

The magic money can also buy us Berra and Tonel :lol:

Same shite every transfer window, nothing but rumors of past players coming back.

We should be looking to buy new players, not re-signing old ones.

Your absolutely right.

Hutton, Cuellar, Gattuso, Van Bronkhorst.

What a bunch of no-hopers...

Couldnt pay me to take them back...