Boyd

papaguy51

I'm actually starting to really see a big noticeable improvement in both Boyd's fitness and overall game.

Looking at the stills of yesterday's action, I think he's lost a good few pounds (can actually make out his jawline) and it's contributed to a big increase in overall play.

For what it's worth, he's an absolute certainty to start next week - and when he starts, I'm completely convinced that he will score.

Keep proving me right Boydy!

I'm actually starting to really see a big noticeable improvement in both Boyd's fitness and overall game.

Looking at the stills of yesterday's action, I think he's lost a good few pounds (can actually make out his jawline) and it's contributed to a big increase in overall play.

For what it's worth, he's an absolute certainty to start next week - and when he starts, I'm completely convinced that he will score.

(tu) He'll start next week, hopefully pump 1 or 2 past Timmy.

(tu) Hats off to him, he has worked on his game.

Boyds statistics are astonishing. However his improvement in play has NOT happened overnight - scince 18 months ago he has been working at his overall game - it was there for people to see last year (those who were NOT blinded to his improvement) - it is just that in the last few months that incremental improvement he has shown working with Smith and McCoist has added up to a huge contribution - and he is still scoring goals. On Sat. he linked up play well - tackled (like a forward it has to be said) and at one point even went running all the way back in to the right back position tracking back with a player. Fantastic from Boyd and long may it continue.

Boyds statistics are astonishing. However his improvement in play has NOT happened overnight - scince 18 months ago he has been working at his overall game - it was there for people to see last year (those who were NOT blinded to his improvement) - it is just that in the last few months that incremental improvement he has shown working with Smith and McCoist has added up to a huge contribution - and he is still scoring goals. On Sat. he linked up play well - tackled (like a forward it has to be said) and at one point even went running all the way back in to the right back position tracking back with a player. Fantastic from Boyd and long may it continue.

People have no choice but to notice now

He wasnt perfect but he wasnt our worst forward on saturday, his link up play in the opening minutes with mendes was good and he had another good piece of hold up play with a 1-2 with mendes, he just seems to be a lot hungrier for the ball, in the sense of getting the ball to score but also to win it back on the wings and other areas of the park, he has also been a lot more modest lately in thanking his team mates for all the chances he gets but also knows he should well have scored a couple more at the weekend, he seems a new person completely both on and off the park

just starting to notice improvement? the guy has been the clubs top scorer the last 3 seasons and hardly got a game last year! and is on course again this season. no matter how lazy or fat people think boydie are he will always score goals!!

just starting to notice improvement? the guy has been the clubs top scorer the last 3 seasons and hardly got a game last year! and is on course again this season. no matter how lazy or fat people think boydie are he will always score goals!!

Therein lies the problem.

If you're happy with him being lazy and fat then fair enough, it just meant that he was never going to get a sniff of the Old Firm/European football/International scene.

It's great to see, his potential was always there for everyone to see. Everyone knew he was a great finisher and now he's worked hard to correct his weaknesses. He sounds like he's enjoying his football and come to realise that hard work is the recipe for success.

Keep it up Boyd!

Ive always been a fan of Boyd, a big fan, but its fair to say that in the past if he didnt score then he didnt contribute to the game at all.

Nowadays Boyd all round game has improved that much that even if he doesnt score he still brings something to the team!

All the credit is down to him and if he has knuckled down more than usual or if his training is finally kicking in, you cant help but wonder what he would be like now if he had done this 2-3 years ago!

Keep it up Bowser!

:clap:

Great post.

I have been a critic of Boyd in the past-but credit where its due-he has been excellent lately & has been playing like someone with his talent should-checked out his stats once & he has broken the scottish scoring records at every level.

Wait until he's peformed against something decent,before the kudos Papa. :rolleyes:

An injury to Miller and Boydie will be back to his old self.

Boyd deserves some praise, But Kenny deserves a hell of a lot more praise than Boydie IMO

Not when he plays like he did against hibs at the weekend or kaunus at the start of the season

Wait until he's peformed against something decent,before the kudos Papa. :rolleyes:

Hibs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen - these are decent teams pb. Even the last time he played against Celtic he had a decent game.

Hibs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen - these are decent teams pb. Even the last time he played against Celtic he had a decent game.

Well lets see what he does vs Celtic. If Walter plays him. He SHOULD, but may go 4 5 1 with K Miller up front.

I guess nacho is the best player in scotland and should be playing every week then, seeing as he is our current top scorer in european games and celtic games?