***The Official Inverness CT v Rangers Thread***

Muff

As mentioned on another thread.....temperature in this area between 0 and minus 7.....forecast for weekend NOT GOOD.......do ICT have undersoil heating ?

hmmmmm.... :shifty:

Minus 7 you say ? I have a feeling you made that up.

Prob not mate. Tonight, hogmanay, some places in the Highlands are expected to drop as low as -15C. <cr>

Yep. Aviemore, just south of Inverness, is supposed to be -15.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bougherra is doubtful!

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :broadfoot: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :ferguson: :mendes: :adam:

:miller: :boyd:

Team pretty much picks it's self now :anguish:

Yet another horrendous back four just waiting to slip up and be punished.

I would love him to start but only if he's 101% fully fit?

Ross Tokeley will no doubt him him knee high within the 1st 35 seconds.

he is fit , been fit for over 6 weeks , rangers staff stopped him from playing sooner as a precaution, he is a natually fit player , get him in now before mcculloch starts

Laff at LM IMO

:anguish:

I'd play Novo/Beasley somebody with a bit of pace could tear Tokely to shreads. (tu)

Agreed we need someone to run at Tokely but Beasley would go off injured because Tokely is nothing but a thug.

Guaranteed he goes in hard late and high on at least a few occasions

A lot of pish getting spouted in this thread as usual. :rolleyes:

Ok, folks are disappointed with the result and some aspects of the performance against sellick. But why oh why do so many completely over-react after every game? Looks like some people don't know the difference between Football Manager games and real-life games to me. <_<

The team for Sunday will probably be:-

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :ferguson: :mendes: :Naismith:

:boyd: :miller:

Adam or Lafferty might start at LM with Naismith coming on for the last half-hour, but either way we are plenty strong enough to see off ICT.

Personally I'd rather see Beasley starting if he's fit, with Aaron replacing him from the bench again, but given Beasleys poor showings when he has been picked I doubt it.

Now is the time for strength and will-to-win, not for throwing young, untried players into the fray. If you don't understand that, you don't understand football at all.

Looks like some people don't know the difference between Football Manager games and real-life games to me

I absolutely fucking hate that saying - just because we know our football and want different things doesn't mean we all play football manager. It's completely different and it's also a game I have not owned or played in years - so your pretty much having a dig at people for having an opinion.

The same happens when people suggest players and the replies are - oh fuck no, don't be silly, your live in a football manager world. What a load of bollocks.

As mentioned on another thread.....temperature in this area between 0 and minus 7.....forecast for weekend NOT GOOD.......do ICT have undersoil heating ?

hmmmmm.... :shifty:

Minus 7 you say ? I have a feeling you made that up.

Prob not mate. Tonight, hogmanay, some places in the Highlands are expected to drop as low as -15C. <cr>

Yep. Aviemore, just south of Inverness, is supposed to be -15.

I didn't know it was that cold back home :anguish:

apologies then nookiebear (tu)

Now is the time for strength and will-to-win, not for throwing young, untried players into the fray. If you don't understand that, you don't understand football at all.

You obviously don't know much about football then. Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Lyon, PSG, Bayern Munich, Sporting CP even celtc manage to play young, untried players, even off the back of bad results.

Looks like some people don't know the difference between Football Manager games and real-life games to me

I absolutely fucking hate that saying - just because we know our football and want different things doesn't mean we all play football manager. It's completely different and it's also a game I have not owned or played in years - so your pretty much having a dig at people for having an opinion.

The same happens when people suggest players and the replies are - oh fuck no, don't be silly, your live in a football manager world. What a load of bollocks.

You weren't one of the people I had in mind when I typed it actually. :pipe:

You obviously don't know much about football then. Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Lyon, PSG, Bayern Munich, Sporting CP even celtc manage to play young, untried players, even off the back of bad results.

The difference between most of the teams you mention and Rangers is the quality of young player open to them. Even sellick have a couple who don't look out of place in the 1st team, whereas most of our youngsters are still at the "promising" stage. We all know your feelings regarding Smith "not willing to play youth", but it's not only him that's doubtful about their ability to step up a level now, it's almost everyone that's watched them at reserve and youth level. McMillan has looked very good in some games yet poor in others, as has Aaron. Flecks' time will undoubtedly come, as Smith has already stated he has a huge future at Rangers if he continues to progress at the rate he is. But not yet, he's simply no better than the midfielders playing at present.

From the reserve games I've seen this season they are the only youngsters even approaching the level required for the 1st team at this moment in time.

You weren't one of the people I had in mind when I typed it actually. :pipe:

The difference between most of the teams you mention and Rangers is the quality of young player open to them. Even sellick have a couple who don't look out of place in the 1st team, whereas most of our youngsters are still at the "promising" stage. We all know your feelings regarding Smith "not willing to play youth", but it's not only him that's doubtful about their ability to step up a level now, it's almost everyone that's watched them at reserve and youth level. McMillan has looked very good in some games yet poor in others, as has Aaron. Flecks' time will undoubtedly come, as Smith has already stated he has a huge future at Rangers if he continues to progress at the rate he is. But not yet, he's simply no better than the midfielders playing at present.

From the reserve games I've seen this season they are the only youngsters even approaching the level required for the 1st team at this moment in time.

how do you know our players would not look out of place when they are never given a chance? Fleck came out on the Scottish Cup Final and didnt look out of place

A lot of pish getting spouted in this thread as usual. :rolleyes:

Ok, folks are disappointed with the result and some aspects of the performance against sellick. But why oh why do so many completely over-react after every game? Looks like some people don't know the difference between Football Manager games and real-life games to me. <_<

I know what your trying to say.

But nobody is actually said this is the team for Saturday, we all basically know who's going to start, when were going to make a sub etc.

I'm not massive on youth playing - I have only called for two players to be given a shot all season - Aaron and McMillan. Now in my opinion, they are both better options than what has been playing at RB and out on the left.

I don't want to see a team filled with youth players, it wont work, unless they are of real quality and at times that wont work either. What I do want to see is players given a chance. Other clubs manage it, why can't we and in this example, the two in question are better than what jas been playing.

celtc managed to throw Mizuno into a hard away match at both Falkirk and Rangers - is he better than Aaron, in my eyes, no he's not. Paul Caddis has also played. I don't know if he's any better than McMillan and he's a good player. They also played that pickey bastard, Sheridan and he is terrible, yet he managed to score them some goals in important games.

I'm not massive on youth playing - I have only called for two players to be given a shot all season - Aaron and McMillan. Now in my opinion, they are both better options than what has been playing at RB and out on the left.

I don't want to see a team filled with youth players, it wont work, unless they are of real quality and at times that wont work either. What I do want to see is players given a chance. Other clubs manage it, why can't we and in this example, the two in question are better than what jas been playing.

celtc managed to throw Mizuno into a hard away match at both Falkirk and Rangers - is he better than Aaron, in my eyes, no he's not. Paul Caddis has also played. I don't know if he's any better than McMillan and he's a good player. They also played that pickey bastard, Sheridan and he is terrible, yet he managed to score them some goals in important games.

thereis no point in throwing in 3-4 youngsters as they will not be used to it, the 2 yous aid should have been blooded into the team slowly but smiths reluctence is actually embarassing, Macmillan or Dailly, Whittaker, Broadfoot. Aaron or McCulloch or Adam. the answer is pretty easy

The thing that annoys me about our youth is...when were winning 3-0 etc with 15minutes to go, and instead of giving Aaron, Fleck etc a wee taste of 1st team action.We either don't make a sub or the likes of McCulloch will come on!

septic only played mizuno in those 2 games because they had so many injuries, not because they are so forward thinking or whatever

The thing that annoys me about our youth is...when were winning 3-0 etc with 15minutes to go, and instead of giving Aaron, Fleck etc a wee taste of 1st team action.We either don't make a sub or the likes of McCulloch will come on!

very very annoying

Could be a problem with seagulls. They sometimes invade the pitch because it's the only warm spot for miles.

No shit, it's happened before.