Lee Wilkie... Rangers Centre Half!?

clubdeckcynic

Listening to DJ on Clyde on the way home from the game he suggested that Dundee Utd Lee Wilkie may be moving to Rangers as a replacement for Davie Weir. Personally, I think he could do an okay job for us, but on the other hand it would be a sign of how low our ambitions have sunk... what I wouldn't give for an Amoruso right now!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless someone can think of a way of generating £30M, this is the standard of player we will be going for. Our debt is rising all the time, and we need to get into the CL for our only big source of income. If anyone is expecting Murray to dig deep then they need to get a reality check sharpish.

Sadly this one has been gathering a good bit of momentuem in the past week or so.

He was rumoured to be in Glasgow last week, which I personally thought was bull shit, however just days later he turned down a new deal at Dundee Utd.

There are also a lot of well known people in and around Dundee talking about it too.

And to top it all off we supposidly had somebody watching him yesterday.

I truly believe that this one might actually have legs :(

Unless someone can think of a way of generating £30M, this is the standard of player we will be going for. Our debt is rising all the time, and we need to get into the CL for our only big source of income. If anyone is expecting Murray to dig deep then they need to get a reality check sharpish.

Do you honestly think we will qualify for the CL next season, look at the hash wattie made of it this year - if Smith is going to go, he needs to go now, to allow the new manager to get the team playing together, and give us a fighting chance of making the group stages.

Do you honestly think we will qualify for the CL next season, look at the hash wattie made of it this year - if Smith is going to go, he needs to go now, to allow the new manager to get the team playing together, and give us a fighting chance of making the group stages.

I cant see it myself, but what Im saying is we rely on that money as our main source of income.

Listening to DJ on Clyde on the way home from the game he suggested that Dundee Utd Lee Wilkie may be moving to Rangers as a replacement for Davie Weir. Personally, I think he could do an okay job for us, but on the other hand it would be a sign of how low our ambitions have sunk... what I wouldn't give for an Amoruso right now!

aw well.................at least we might beat dundee united now tho.

I cant see it myself, but what Im saying is we rely on that money as our main source of income.

And if we don't get that money, that's how the downward spiral begins, I actually think the one sensible thing Walter has done recently was to moot the possibility of the Atlantic league, as that would generate revenue streams regularly, and on a greater scale than at present... Basically Scottish football is dying, strangled to death by the English Premiership and it's riches - just look at all the Scottish Kids walking about in Man U and Chelsea gear, it's possible we have lost a whole generation of fans already

And if we don't get that money, that's how the downward spiral begins, I actually think the one sensible thing Walter has done recently was to moot the possibility of the Atlantic league, as that would generate revenue streams regularly, and on a greater scale than at present... Basically Scottish football is dying, strangled to death by the English Premiership and it's riches - just look at all the Scottish Kids walking about in Man U and Chelsea gear, it's possible we have lost a whole generation of fans already

got to agree there, I think the get the kids in for free with a S/T holder for the smaller teams will be a step in the right direction for the SPL and is about right IMO....we dont owe football anything at the end of the day and it costs a fortune to watch....lower the prices and get the fans in. It hurts me when you see millionaire footballers with no passion, pride or awareness for the shirt their wearing.

anyway back to Wilkie, I personally like his no nonesense but I dont think he is for Rangers and his knee is worrying me already, can see another Webster scenario