For all the moaners who want to boycott Rangers

Carsons Dog

"I have been lucky - lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country."

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."

"Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

Bill Struth

"I have been lucky - lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country."

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."

"Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

Bill Struth

A great quote, from a great man. Do you believe the club we have today, is the same club as we had then though?

I do not believe for one second Mr Struth would recognise or acknowledge the shambles of a club we currently support

Even Struth recognised that we will have 'years' of failure.

STANDING together we overcome. So to all those who want to rip us apart by not supporting the club, owners and management - just FO and find yourself a new hobby horse to sit on!

Bill Struth

It is because of people like Struth that the present incumbents are so unpalatable.

When the bust of Struth was unveiled and Bain was MC, he actually had to read from an A4 bit of paper. That tells you everything about the CEO appointed above his level.

If Struth was at Ibrox I'd be at Inverness on Saturday but because the people who are there don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath I won't and this will be the case until they are gone.

Murray has instilled an acceptance of being second best to celtc and many of the happy, clappy brigade have simply followed suit.

No-one said supporting Rangers was a walk in the park. Im as critical of Murray, Smith etc as the next fan. Thats why i've stopped buying merchandise form the club shops. However I will still back the team even though some of them (Whittaker, Broadfoot, Papac, Weir, Ferguson, Adam to name but a few) are not good enough to be at the club.

Even Struth recognised that we will have 'years' of failure.

STANDING together we overcome. So to all those who want to rip us apart by not supporting the club, owners and management - just FO and find yourself a new hobby horse to sit on!

Fuck off yourself - Don't try and tell fans how to support the club.

You may have a different view on how fans should view the club but that's their choice.

I could never boycott this club, as long as Ibrox stands and that incredible trophy room is there to remind us of the glory of this institution I will support my club fully. I understand, to an extent, the perspective of those who intend to boycott the club for the foreseeable future but however naive it may be I cannot agree with them. This may be a bad time for the club but I will gladly hand over my money and my full support as a fair price for the privilege that is supporting such a great football team. Rangers cannot always expect to win, it should however be able to depend upon the full support of its fans, always.

No-one said supporting Rangers was a walk in the park. Im as critical of Murray, Smith etc as the next fan. Thats why i've stopped buying merchandise form the club shops. However I will still back the team even though some of them (Whittaker, Broadfoot, Papac, Weir, Ferguson, Adam to name but a few) are not good enough to be at the club.

As an aside I went in to the shop on Saturday and a scarf is two pounds dearer in there than from the vendors in the street.

Do they think we are all daft?

Swally, don't tell me how best to support the club i have loved for almost 40 years. Just fuck off, i shall not be lining Murrays pockets. End of.

Thats your perogative, personally I will keep supporting them through good times and bad times.

End of. :P

i will support the club ie. RANGERS, not smith, adam , mcculloch etc........they can fuck off now

oh and swally ur the type of yes man fan that is the underlying problem that stinks at ibrox just now

Swally, don't tell me how best to support the club i have loved for almost 40 years. Just fuck off, i shall not be lining Murrays pockets. End of.

Thats your perogative, personally I will keep supporting them through good times and bad times.

End of. :P

i will support the club ie. RANGERS, not smith, adam , mcculloch etc........they can fuck off now

oh and swally ur the type of yes man fan that is the underlying problem that stinks at ibrox just now

Cheers for that - was it the Bill Struth quote that done it for you?

all very impressive but how many of you were about to see the end of bill struths reign?he was an old gent and his ideas were from another time, his last great side had reached the end of the road and i promise you the disquiet on the terraces was not un like todays,the man had made us a great club but the fans wanted change and he hang on just too long before bringing in scot symon,who had to rebuild from a similar position ,he did but it took 5 year and a few drubbings be fore he got it right. and in those days a big signing was under £20k. so the early 60s side only had 4 signings in it .the past always looks better from a distance but all we have is our support ,it will come right but it wont be tomorrow.

If people want to boycott the team and not go to the games, then that's their perogative. I don't have a problem with other people's decisions.

I would love to have the chance to get a season pass at Ibrox, but some people have their breaking points I guess.

Feelings are running high because we got beat by a bad lot of tims.

Struths words should be etched in the dressing room so the players will have a constant reminder of whats expected of them.

You are living on planet cuckoo land, none of them give a damn what Struth said

Struth was around when we were Rangers we are no longer that same club