Rangers star in line for shock call at Inverness

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naismith and Aaron on either wing - Miller behind Boyd - Mendes and Davis central midfield?

____________Greegsy____________

McMillan___Tonel___New CB____Sasa

__________Davis___Mendes)_______

Naismith____________________Aaron

__________________Novo_________

_____________Boyd______________

:drool:

Title winning side

dont think he should be rushed back but it would certainly be nice to see a midfield with naismith mendes davis and aaron but i hope we arent doing a buffel on naismith hes not been played for a while but suddenly we all think he has super qualities

Can I just say, your signature is absolutely shite. (tu)

dont think he should be rushed back but it would certainly be nice to see a midfield with naismith mendes davis and aaron but i hope we arent doing a buffel on naismith hes not been played for a while but suddenly we all think he has super qualities

Can I just say, your signature is absolutely shite. (tu)

i know but stop moaning and make me a new one im still waiting on mcboyd

cannot see this happening in the slightest! he has performed all but a mirale,coming back 6 weeks earlier than expected, there is no way smith is going to throw in someone fresh from a year long injury into the starting 11 after a few bounce games! even his prodigal son barry ferguson didnt get that treatment!

I can honestly see Aaron getting a run out this weekend, he showed he can play at this level against hamilton and by all accounts had a excellent game in the bounce game...he is far more deserving of his chance...

I can't fuckin' believe what I'm reading here, why not try another player playing out of position, Naisy is a fuckin' striker or someone who plays off a striker, I know he played LM a few times last season and did not a bad job but FFS lets not waste a talent like this lad.

And another thing Walter if you think he's the answer to our LM problem then why the fuck are you playing him in central mid. & Aaron out wide doh.

The decision to play Naisy in a central midfield role in a 'bounce match' was one I fully agree with.

Aslong as it's only to get him more involved in a game. (tu)

I can just see Naismith being our new left back.

I really hope not. I just do not believe he is FULLY fit again.

As others have stated we have fit players in Aaron and Beasley - please play them. First McGregor was rushed back - we all suffered. Then Ferguson was rushed back - we have all again suffered. Give Naismith more time please.

If and when Naismith is fully fit play him as a striker. Do not do a Lafferty to him as well.

There is no way Smith would play him in a central midfield role in a meaningful match. As much as I slate Smith, he's not that stupid!

A central midfielder see's a lot of the ball, covers a lot of ground and is involved in the majority of the play - this will have allowed Naismith to see plenty of the ball, work on his movement, awareness, ball control, distribution, positioning, fitness and all round sharpness, he would have been heavily involved and that would have done him the world of good.

Now what I would ask, was this so he could rush Naisy back - I honestly hope not.

To be fair, there aren't any direct quotes saying he will start against ICT. I think that he may well be involved in the squad, perhaps coming off the bench, but I honestly can't see him starting after so long out, and just 2 or 3 reserve/bounce games. I think the paper is jumping the gun with the fact that Walter may want to get him involved in games where possible, and he played left mid quite a bit last season.

There is no way Smith would play him in a central midfield role in a meaningful match. As much as I slate Smith, he's not that stupid!

A central midfielder see's a lot of the ball, covers a lot of ground and is involved in the majority of the play - this will have allowed Naismith to see plenty of the ball, work on his movement, awareness, ball control, distribution, positioning, fitness and all round sharpness, he would have been heavily involved and that would have done him the world of good.

Now what I would ask, was this so he could rush Naisy back - I honestly hope not.

I get what your saying Muff and I agree playing CM may help get him involved[touch etc], but if Watties intention is to play him LM as he has strongly inferred how does that help his positional skills.

I also did'nt say that Walter would play him in CM in a meaningful match, to me the boys a striker and it will be a waste of another talented player being forced out wide, and as for Walter not being stupid I'm beginning to wonder, so maybe we can agree to disagree on that one.

I get what your saying Muff and I agree playing CM may help get him involved[touch etc], but if Watties intention is to play him LM as he has strongly inferred how does that help his positional skills.

I also did'nt say that Walter would play him in CM in a meaningful match, to me the boys a striker and it will be a waste of another talented player being forced out wide, and as for Walter not being stupid I'm beginning to wonder, so maybe we can agree to disagree on that one.

Naismith has played umpteen games throughout his career as a sort of winger/forward, he just happens to score a few as well. I would see him as a wider player rather than an out and out striker, if not, then, just off the front striker. Given his experience as well, why would he NOT be considered before Aaron and Fleck? Its common sense, as long as (as many have said) he is definately fit

Walter get a hold of yourself ffs. You have Aaron, Beasley and Novo who are all fit and have played LM this season. Do not rush Naismith, who has been inured for almost a year, back into the first team squad. Have you learned nothing with the McGregor and Ferguson scenarios? Pllayers need as muchs possible to recover.

You just know that every time Nasmith touches the ball on Sunday that useless thug Tokely will be diving in. He will be a target for the opposition and Tokely is the perfect player to put the lad right back on the injury list.

Please show some sense for once Walter.

Walter get a hold of yourself ffs. You have Aaron, Beasley and Novo who are all fit and have played LM this season. Do not rush Naismith, who has been inured for almost a year, back into the first team squad. Have you learned nothing with the McGregor and Ferguson scenarios? Pllayers need as muchs possible to recover.

You just know that every time Nasmith touches the ball on Sunday that useless thug Tokely will be diving in. He will be a target for the opposition and Tokely is the perfect player to put the lad right back on the injury list.

Please show some sense for once Walter.

Tokely is a good point actually, but, what do you think he would do to Aaron? We would see a "welcome to scottish football" scenario I reckon. Of those 3, I would play Novo, since he can handle himself

Naismith and Aaron on either wing - Miller behind Boyd - Mendes and Davis central midfield?

I had been thinking the same thing, another option I had been thinking of was Aaron on the left and giving Burke a chance on the right with Mendes and Davis in the centre, would even go as far that if we do get someone else in defence giving Davis the captain's armband.

I had a feeling that Naismith might be included in the squad this weekend, and this could be good news because we might get rid of Adam and McCulloch.