The Big Mistake when PLG was appointed was to have no ex-Rangers on the staff

Tontospal

It now appears quite popular for a few to put their heads above the parapet and claim PLG wasn't given enough time and that the apparent clique, led by Ferguson, were out of order and should have been the ones to go.

My view has always been that, apart from not giving him a decent transfer budget, the big mistake that Murray made was not appointing or insisting on the appointment of an ex-Ranger as a coach/assistant.

Similar to when Advocaat came in and involved Greig.

Someone should have been appointed who knows the club and could educate PLG in the Rangers ways whilst also acting as a buffer between the players and the new staff.

McCall, Gough or Ian Ferguson would have been my preferred choices with the long term view being to groom them as the next manager.

I doubt any alleged clique would have tried it on with any of those 3 players.

My view is, and always has been, that if there is a clique creating a damaging environment then all of the players should be sold. It is not even as if the names mentioned would be missed.

Ferguson USED to be a great player but now is little more than average and as they say you are only as good as your last game. As a captain he is amongst the poorest in our history and the fact that they are on their way to 4 in a row with a weak side simply highlights this fact. In no way should a captain be part of a clique, especially when the squad contains so many foreigners.

Adam - where do you start. Apart from the odd piece of skill with his left foot, it is amazing that he ever gets near our reserve squad nevermind the first team.

McGregor - believes his own press and has too much crap going on away from the game. Too suspect for me, particularly at crosses and makes too many mistakes.

Boyd - a great scoring record against lesser opposition but too often posted missing when it comes to the big games. Link up play, attitude and effort all poor. Another who could be replaced.

McCulloch - Quite simply has taken money from Rangers without making a valuable contribution. I was expecting so much more from a player who had played in the EPL but he is no more than a journeyman who makes up the numbers through a physical presence on the park.

The only 4 players in the squad that I would be concerned if they were sold are: Bougherra, Mendes, Davis and Thomson. The rest can go anytime.

The biggest mistake made when PLG was appointed, was his actual appointment.

You knew straight from the off that he was going to flop?

Not from the off. The way he approached the club showed his lack of knowledge of Scottish Football though. Thats when I knew ;)

It was down to his own arrogance that he felt he didn't need a Scottish person who knew the club on his management team. The same arrogance that saw a serious lack of preperation for his new job, especially as he knew for months that he was taking over

And yet, there are many on here advocating the removal of all Scots staff, and, removal of anyone with any previous with Rangers because, its bad for the club, the "old boys" thing, while at the same time appointing a foreign manager. Interesting!! I thought I had seen that happen before

At rangers it was Le Guens 1st job where he had full control of transfer deals etc,at Lyon he had Jean Michel Aulus doing it for him.I read an article from a book where it was saying Le Guen was taken for a total ride with the Sebo transfer,cant remember exact details but Sebo was the face of nike in austria and vienna were forcing his price up due to the fact which in turn led Le Guen to paying well over the odds for him.

it's quite obvious PLG was vastly overrated and it is evident now with his regime at Paris Saint Germain who are nowhere near one of the top french teams infact he almost relegated them. His signings were also disastrous, no getting away from that.

You must be kidding mate...

PSG were in that state when he took over, not only did he stop them getting relegated but have you seen them this season...they have a great team and are one of the favorites to win there league!

PLG definitely had his faults but he seen right through the monster munch brigade and only at Rangers would a manager have been sacked over a player!

it's quite obvious PLG was vastly overrated and it is evident now with his regime at Paris Saint Germain who are nowhere near one of the top french teams infact he almost relegated them. His signings were also disastrous, no getting away from that.

PSG were in that state when he took over, not only did he stop them getting relegated but have you seen them this season...they have a great team and are one of the favorites to win there league!

PLG definitely had his faults but he seen right through the monster munch brigade and only at Rangers would a manager have been sacked over a player!

last time I looked PSG were joint second not far behind Lyon so he must be doing something right

People see the name PSG and automatically assume that they're one of the better teams in France.

Truth is, they were arguably the worst team in Ligue 1 when he took over. The job he's done at them has been nothing short of miraculous. Hell, it was only recently that the PSG board were still saying that avoiding relegation is still their main goal this season.

Another who doesn't pay attention to Ligue 1 and French football.

PSG are the same number of points from being top, as we are! In the summer he brought in Makelele, Kezman, Hoarau, Giuly, Sessegnon...players who would walk into our team!

He put out weaker teams in a tough UEFA Cup group and still managed to qualify.

PSG are the same number of points from being top, as we are! In the summer he brought in Makelele, Kezman, Hoarau, Giuly, Sessegnon...players who would walk into our team!

Hoarau in particular what a player he is!

I dont think most of them would have come to SPL but you never know...players like Clement are mainstays in his team and doing well...

The decision to sack PLG might have been the right one but it would be silly never to hire another foreign manager using his spell as a pretense!

Like all frenchmen he's better where he is, sitting in the shadow The Champs-Élysees sipping pastis generously diluted with water waiting for the sound of the next jackboot to surrender to ! You know it makes sense ! (tu) :unionflag: :sherlock:

I dont think most of them would have come to SPL but you never know...players like Clement are mainstays in his team and doing well...

The decision to sack PLG might have been the right one but it would be silly never to hire another foreign manager using his spell as a pretense!

And how much did he manage to pick him up for, peanuts!

And how much did he manage to pick him up for, peanuts!

Im sure they signed him on a free from Le Harve....

There are players like that all over the place but who do we sign...McCulloch for 2.5m!