Kris Boyd Talk

pixelpro

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, without boyds goals celtic would be way out ahead and out of sight

Keep boyd at all costs at least til the end of the season and then think about selling him

I cant believe SDM is even considering selling him at this point in the season

I think we should get this into our heads as i think it will go through :angry2:

David Murray is an arsehole, if he sells Boyd tht is a discrace hes the only boy who can score half the time. Murray says he will only sell the club to some one who will further the club, well not as if hes doing a good job selling or trying to sell all our better players to line his own pocket. The guy is a clown!

David Murray is an arsehole, if he sells Boyd tht is a discrace hes the only boy who can score half the time. Murray says he will only sell the club to some one who will further the club, well not as if hes doing a good job selling or trying to sell all our better players to line his own pocket. The guy is a clown!

1st it was "cuellar is not for sale",sold 2 days later,then hutton sold,and a goalscorer who loves the gers,scores for fun being sold.These goalscorers only come around once in a lifetime(apart from McCoist)and we show him the door

looks like all my source got wrong was the team

Your source was wrong in every way. If my internet wasnt running so slow there would be a big 'epic fail' jpeg plastered across this page.

im a birmingham fan

even if he don't sign for us

someone else is going to take him

and i think we will up the bid

because the board know that fans are not happy and won't do anything else to upset us

and boyd knows he could be in the premiership next year

and mcfadden and o connor and mcleish will make it easier to get him

£3M bid rejected

Rangers have confirmed Birmingham have made an approach for star striker Kris Boyd.

Reports emanating on Tuesday suggested that Birmingham were lining up a move for the prolific 25-year-old as Alex McLeish looks to be reunited with Boyd.

McLeish is a big fan of Boyd having signed him during his time in charge of Rangers and also selected him for Scotland when he was national team boss.

Boyd was linked with a move to Cardiff last summer after struggling to hold down a regular place in Walter Smith's side last season.

However, Boyd has impressed this season and has scored 18 goals in the SPL this term after forming a productive partnership with Kenny Miller.

Rangers chairman David Murray has confirmed they have rejected Birmingham's opening bid for Boyd, but has hinted they would be prepared to do a deal if the offer is right.

"Birmingham have made an enquiry. We talked about money but we haven't agreed a fee and no business will be done today," said Murray.

"We rejected a bid of around £3million but if they improve it, we'll allow them to speak to Kris Boyd."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4756726,00.html

£4M bid could be enough

Rangers have confirmed Birmingham have made an approach for striker Kris Boyd, who could move to St Andrews in a £4million deal.The Scottish Premier League giants have rejected a bid of around £3million for the 25-year-old from the Championship club but will accept an improved offer.

Boyd is coveted by former Rangers boss Alex McLeish, who wants him to boost his current side's strikeforce at St Andrews.

Ibrox chairman Sir David Murray told BBC Scotland: "Birmingham have made an enquiry. We talked about money but we haven't agreed a fee and no business will be done today.

"We rejected a bid of around £3million but if they improve it, we'll allow them to speak to Kris Boyd."

The Light Blues rejected a £2.5million offer from Cardiff before the season started, but Birmingham could succeed with a £4million bid.

Boyd has been Rangers' top scorer for three consecutive seasons, including the 2005-06 campaign, despite joining the club on January 1.

The 25-year-old has scored 91 goals for the Ibrox side despite struggling to become a regular starter under Paul Le Guen and Walter Smith.

However, he has enjoyed a lengthy run in the first team this season, especially after quitting the Scotland set-up as he struggled to impress George Burley.

Boyd has netted 20 goals this term from a total of 20 starts and three substitute appearances.

He quickly formed a productive partnership with Kenny Miller, and Smith has made the former Scotland team-mates his automatic first-choice pairing.

Rangers have already sold Daniel Cousin and Jean-Claude Darcheville this season, while summer signings Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty have failed to make a major impact on the first team.

However, the Rangers manager is keen to offload players to bring in fresh blood and described Boyd as an "enigma" earlier this season because his overall play struggles to match his goalscoring record.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...4756665,00.html

Boyds Future Basically Set!!

It looks as though Kris Boyd’s time is up at Rangers after former Gers Boss Alex McLeish lodged a bid for his former charge to take him to Championship side Birmingham City. Rangers have acknowledged the bid from the English side and have not released a statement rejecting the report or bid as they have done with skipper Barry Ferguson. While many Rangers fans would like to see Ferguson move on, they are not best pleased with the thought of the club’s top scorer leaving Ibrox especially half way through the season and with a five point gap behind rivals Celtic at the top of the SPL table. Rangers Chairman Sir David Murray told BBC Sport earlier, “Birmingham have made an enquiry, we talked about money but we haven’t agreed a fee.” However, the English Championship outfit insist that an offer has already been accepted for the 25-year-old. A source at St Andrews told BBC Sport that they expect Boyd to discuss a five-year contract on Wednesday. The Birmingham source said, “I’d be 75% certain that Kris Boyd will be a Birmingham player by the end of the week.”

Boyd was signed for Rangers by Blues boss Alex McLeish, and is currently the top scorer in the Scottish Premier League with 18 goals. The Championship side are keen to bolster their forward line, with Garry O’Connor sidelined by injury and Quincy Owusu-Abeyie’s loan period ending. Cardiff City failed with a £2.5m bid for Boyd in the summer but the player recently revealed that he had considered leaving Ibrox. He was frustrated at being overlooked for key matches last term but his form this season has been impressive.

Rangers manager Walter Smith has made no secret of the need to prune his squad but news of a possible sale of their top scorer is sure to shock supporters of Rangers. Boyd has scored 91 goals since moving to Ibrox in January 2006 despite struggling to become a regular starter under McLeish’s successors Paul Le Guen and Smith.

Rangers have already sold Daniel Cousin and Jean-Claude Darcheville this season, while summer signings Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty have failed to make an impact. If Boyd moves on, Kilmarnock will be due a 20% slice of any transfer fee.

With the likes of Pedro Mendes, Barry Ferguson, Madjid Bougherra and Allan McGregor being linked with a move away from the Ibrox club, if they do go then it will be goodbye to the league not to mention a lot of their fans who will walk in disgust and outrage. Is David Murray in financial crisis? or is it really just a reality check for Rangers?

http://<No links to this website allowed>/blog/?p=2743

"Scotzine" is run by a Celtic fan. Not to be trusted.

morning folks., Its my first post in any forum... So happy new year and all the best for 09.

Now, with regards to kris boyd, i think the majority of the fans wouldn't like to see him leave ibrox, especialy for 3.75million (if thats the correct fee)

that alex mcleish has just made from his original bid of £3million.. Boyd won't go to Man City as Man City can afford better players....

But my personnel option is that if rangers do agree to sell Boyd, then walter smith must follow him out the door.

I would rather sell Ferguson than boyd. Ferguson has to much control at Ibrox, thats what i liked about PLG he wasn't afraid to remind

the players who the boss was. :unionflag:

a

we were told last time Cuellar was staying,two days latyer he was sold.We were told only last week,it was only FRINGE players that would be sold.Dont think boyd is a fringe player,top goalscorer,and if the papers are right,Barry ferguson also,not exactly a fringe player being our CAPTAIN